Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Eunice is writing on Forgiveness this eve ....

  This is from my guest blogger- I named her Eunice:


I forgive you even if you’re never sorry’

Hurting people hurt people.

We’ve heard the line so many times.

It’s a true explanation of our fallen world.
But does it excuse the person’s behavior?
Why do we feel the need to defend ourselves by offending and hurting others?

I just don’t get it.

Most often, that hurt and pain comes directly from the ones we love the most.

This week I was hit with a pretty brutal rumor being spread about me.

A lie believed to be truth that came directly from the one person I love and have trusted the most in this world.

In the midst of grim circumstances, turmoil, chaos, divination, I have remained steadfast in prayers and hopeful God’s promises would prevail.
Reconciliation would come. (I believe it still will!)

I could love enough to stop this attack from the enemy.

But…. when I was told of this blatant lie which taints the definition of the core of my character, my morals, my covenant commitment and all that I am, I was overwhelmed with so many emotions.

Hurt, betrayal, rejection, defeat, anger…. And a need to defend.

What’s the point, right?








Rumors create opinions of people no matter what your character had displayed in the past. It’s so easy to believe the worst of someone instead of a good heart.

I’m not perfect and I don’t have it all right but I do know the accusations against me are wrong. They’re lies and they continue to rip my family apart.

I cry out to God most days to vindicate this. Do not let the enemy have one more marriage, one more family, and one more person.

In this, I am reminded, it is the enemy.

The enemy wants nothing more to create havoc on God’s people.

He sees increase, he sees healing, he sees life and he cannot stand it.

One crack.

When he sees one crack, he slips in so unnoticed. Before you know it, he’s dining with you at the family table; he’s sleeping next to you, stopping you from praying with your spouse or praying at all. He’s there in your mind, feeding you with lies and deception. There is no clarity and even in black and white, he taints the gray areas within the lines of truth to lead you to believe what he has planted in your mind. LIES.

He plays on your past hurts, betrayals and failures planting lies of distrust and failure.

Satan is the master deceiver. He started with lies right in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:4-5)

He disguises his lies as truth and leads many astray. (2 Corinthians 11:3 & 11:14)

His only goal is to devour. He wants to tear down. (1 Peter 5:8)

In the midst of these grim circumstances. I recognize ,my loved one , that is spreading these gut wrenching hurtful lies about me indeed is not the enemy. The enemy is the devil. The one who planted these lies. The enemy used pure circumstances and twisted them to be acts of betrayal. The enemy has lied to my loved one and my loved one believes these lies. 

To my loved one, I say, I forgive you. Even if an apology never comes and even if you are never sorry, I forgive you….. Beyond that, I continue to pray for you. I pray for you because your safety, your happiness, your love, YOUR SOUL means more to me than my comfort. It means more to me than my reputation or what others think about it. I forgive you because God has forgiven me of all of my sins. Because of His abundant forgiveness, I do not have a heart to hold bitter, resentment or grudges. My loved one, you know this because you have witnessed my mercy heart upon others that have wronged me in the past under such horrible wrongdoings. My loved one, I pray you learn to forgive yourself. Open your heart to receive the fullness of God’s love. He’s there. Right there. He wants to give you a clean heart. Not by your works. Not by your might BUT BY HIS. RECEIVE IT! Receive HIS love!

I will not defend myself. God has commanded me to be still. He fights for me (and for you too, my dear loved one!) (Exodus 14:14)

I will forgive because not only is it freeing but it is also a command. (Matthew 6:14-15)


I will love. My faith is expressed through love and the greatest is love. (Galatians 5:6; 1 Corinthians 13:13)

The enemy has not won here! God will always prevail and He will always get the glory! In Jesus Name!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!