Saturday, July 6, 2019

Faith over Feelings BOLD prayers Day #5 Being hopeful.

This bit of wisdom and knowledge coming forth today  in this blog is not from my brain-- I read it on Lysa Terkeurst's Instagram  a few days ago and felt -- I could write it too. 

So here it is-- cause someone  reading this today is thinking  their marriage can't survive whatever -- 
      ---I am telling you there is hope. 


 God Won.


From Lysa's typewriter -- 

Life is a journey of "both and."  The coexistence of both hard and holy.  Both certainty and mystery. Both laughter and lingering sorrow.

Seasons contain both and.

Families contain both and.

Friendships can contain both and.

It seems to be the rhythm of life - the drum beat of both within the anthem of and.

Our marriage has been both broken and restored.  Some will ask  "how" questions. 
There are many answers for sure... I will keep whispering those out here in this little social media place. 

But today, I will just say we finally made peace with the both ands. Not being okay with the both ands will choke the life out of love. Especially when it's in the fragile and formidable states of healing.

Expectations of perfection in one another are a crushing weight no one can stand under.

Making peace with both celebrating stellar qualities and addressing areas of needed growth in each other is a delicate dance for sure.  It is not easy.  But it is beautiful .

And I'd rather both dance and trip sometimes than sit on the bench fearing these new steps. 

Art -( that is her husband ) -

 Brendan -- thank you for  being one of the most humbled, selfless,and prayer-filled men I know. 

 And thank you for the way you let me wrestle through this both and process.  There is no one I'd rather dance with than you. 

Now from me: 

And we did - last night and laughed.  And today - we start all over again. 

Each day a gift. I am so in AWE of God in you -- this week has been a 'beyond blessing' event that just reminds me over and over that obedience brings rewards.  I love you -- happy early anniversary! 


Lord, for the one or many reading this that are well into their healing or it has just begun -- I ask that their steadfast hope in YOU and  YOUR  ability to change and fix us .... will HOLD them. 

 Lord, for the one or many reading this that see our marriage as a possibility - like I saw others - God I pray the one holding on and fighting for the marriage will HOLD on and allow YOU to HOLD him or her while this season plays out.  But I pray they write their own story of both and of and. 

And Lord, for those that are ON the other side of brokenness -- fill them, build them, but may they also be a light and prayer warrior for those that need the encouragement --that indeed there is HOPE for a broken marriage and a broken heart.  God will win. 

 In Jesus Name - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!