Tuesday, October 1, 2013

...feelings still get hurt - however, the WORD is reliable!

“God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way. Matthew 5:11-12 NLT



I saw this today - this scripture, spoke volumes.

I recently went home to Wisconsin and talked and talked.
Then I pondered about what I said to this one and that.....and I prayed.  And....

Satan had me thinking today after I read this verse -- how many are 'fussing' about you right now...

Darn...the enemy -- why did I even let him entertain that thought -- ??

Cause I am human.



When love is spoken, when God's word is read, scripture tells us - "it won't return void".
However, it can land on rocky soil...the weeds can choke it out..etc. etc.

That is a reference to a parable.


I have to be careful and always remember to renew my mind -- with HIS word....HIS thoughts...

Thank goodness, it is so available to me - via phone and computer and just my plain old bible!


I  posted a more political video on my FAcebook page this eve.  The Holy Spirit sort of prompted my spirit when I posted it - this will cause someone to post a comment.   It did.
I deleted the post.

I really don't want to be about political statements - I want to be doing HIS will.
I have to remember to trust the Holy Spirit within me - as when I follow HIS lead -- I am always protected.

When I jump the gun and speak without prayer..without love....it does not go so well....

Anyway,

Lord, this eve -- may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my mind...be acceptable to you -- I almost have that memorized - that is from Psalms 19. 14...God, may each word I got to speak to Trace, penetrate her heart and bring a blessing as her words brought blessing to me.
Lord, as the lives I spoke into ( my nieces and nephews ) may those words be of YOUR voice - may they run and call to You as their source of strength and power and Lord, may they understand the scripture I started this blog with...God that they would be BOLD enough to speak of you - to worship you and to tell others of you -- that they would be mocked.....God I want that for them...as I believe, they can lead many to YOU...amen.



PS  Did you know that there are over 5000 different manuscripts of the New Testament which all support and say the SAME stuff as the bible?   And there are over 500 witnesses at the time of Christ's death that can refute the manuscripts written in Corinthians... 500 witnesses that could dispute the fact that Christ was raised from the dead -- but they didn't. And, the more I think of it...I stand amazed.  There are only 70 copies of Iliad by Homer  -- which is taught in colleges as literature.....

So, why do people avoid reading the bible -- cause  it is truth.. and some are not ready for the truth.
Yikes.

Lord, I pray they will be ready one day - before it is too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!