Thursday, November 1, 2018

Dear Beloved, some practical advice Blogged prayer #34 - 37

So, Joyce Meyer made a comment at one of her sessions. 

"Be those  people,  be the Christians that do the RIGHT thing in public"....   

She made us all laugh but I thought of a few things.  

1.  How many  put their shopping cart back where it is to be returned?
2. How many liter? 
3. How many post sweet Jesus posts on Facebook and then won't even look at you or speak to you because of an offense? 
4.  How many do you realize delete you on FB because you have said something that does not agree with their views?  
5.  How many take to FB to get their point across and make a comment or reference something that truly hurts another.  



I am going to stop there -- I am guilty of them ALL.... I could name several more but five is the number of grace.  

When God disciplines me, it is ALWAYS with such GRACE -- so I don't need to list anymore pet peeves or things that bother those 'lost ones'....or that give them a reason to complain about us Christians.    Grace.  

I do believe that there are 'Christians' that do things that they shouldn't !  Therefore,  the lost  who are watching --- they think, "well, look at so and so...and they call themselves a Christian - look what she did".


I hear it often.  
I see it.  More than I would like.   And I am guilty of this as well.  

My feelings were hurt just yesterday when someone who is on my news-feed with many Jesus posts purposefully made a very rude and derogatory comment to their child about me - in front of me.  

I was speechless.  It hurt.  I so wanted to text that person, I so wanted to hide and cry.  

The words in my head were, "really God...after ALL I have done for ....??"  

And I prayed and today - came to this when I opened up social media:  


Confidence is SILENT, Insecurities are LOUD.  
   There is was.  

I know that many Christians are not living a good example.  I have been there and I am not going to say that I can't  GO there quickly.  I can get into my flesh within seconds.  Seconds.  

Truly ...if Christians actually DID what God purposed them to do. 
Truly ...if Christians actually acted out WHAT they sing in their songs on Sunday mornings.  
Truly...if Christians LOVED like Jesus did -- mind you, Jesus did not tolerate stuff.  He showed love and spoke in TRUTH.  

Truly...what would our world be like?  


The prayer tonight is not necessarily aimed at my friend who is in a flummoxed season...it is just a prayer that I needed to say this eve. 


 Prayer #34 
Dear Lord -- FORGIVE me... make me more aware and help me to love well...to act better...and to be that one that another WANTS to be like.... In Jesus Name.  Amen.  
And Lord, help me to feel the forgiveness I have extended to that one who hurt my ego and help me to love the entire situation well.  Help me to empty me of me and allow MORE of YOU in there...God I Pray that when I get to heaven, I will hear, "Well done my faithful servant".  In Jesus name, Amen.  

 Prayer #35
And Lord, for my sisters in Christ whose names are right in front of me...one is recovering from surgery and she needs more healing to stop the pain as she is now eating a regular diet.  For the other one, in a loveless marriage who wants more of her husband but he needs Jesus, for the one sitting next to her son this eve as his breath is labored and he has begun to cough up blood...your will be done, and for the other mommy that is sitting bedside with her three month old awaiting answers....  you don't allow these hardships as punishments, but the enemy weighs into their thoughts at times....YOU Lord, are RIGHT there and may they feel your loving touch...

Lord, those mommas and women are holding onto your promises that You will work everything together for good - for those that love and serve you -- may they serve you well this eve as they sit diligent waiting on you ---may we all serve you better as we pray about our decisions as this election draws near and may we all - be better in showing love to the lost -- In Jesus name, Amen. 

Prayer #36
Lord I come to you again for my flummoxed sisters in Christ - as these 40 days come to a close, may they see that prayer does change much and may they begin to pray in a bolder way for your favor and provision.  And may they begin to trust you like they have never trusted before.  IJN Amen.  

Prayer #37  -- this is for me Lord, I want to finish well...  You have already given me a vision for the next blogged series of prayers and I will ONLY be able to keep that in a timely fashion if YOU do all the leg work and writing ...I want to serve you well.  At the conference, several of the speakers had us question what we were doing .....?   Did we need to cut out some stuff?  Did we need to move from one  place of worship to another?  Was it time to get new friends?   Did we need to seriously change something or give up something that has been good in the past....so that you could give us something even better....all those questions I place before you. 

I pray for my sweet circle of friends that read these blogged prayers and remind me to keep writing - bless them, but also I would ask that you would use them to help me...continue to do what YOU want me and need me to do --  may this only be for YOUR glory, IN Jesus name.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!