Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Remembering.

I tried several times yesterday to find the RIGHT image I wanted to post with this blog today.  Yesterday was September 11th.  A day in our calendar, if you are older than 20 -- you probably remember.   

A day that certainly won't be forgotten in my mind.  

I know exactly where I was, I know exactly what I was wearing, I know exactly what I was feeling and where  I  was ---watching the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower right on national news.  And I thought ...'this is the end'.  

I called Bren - and questioned where he was and what was up.  I remember I wanted to HEAR comfort in his voice and I didn't hear that.  I remember being a bit disappointed in that.  

I was teaching and I had taken my students to the computer lab and the aide in there at the time had a son as part of the armed forces and he was oversees and she was distraught -- believing the END was indeed near.  

  As I walked down the hallway of Central Elementary School, a part of me wondered..."did I miss the rapture?"  I knew where my children where--so the day continued-- as many of us 'shut down'-- we just kept the TV off and tried to continue as normal.    Until school was done and we got home and began to WATCH the TV.....  

It has been 17 years.  As I looked at posts and photos from yesterday there was one thing that totally struck me.   

The day after ... September 12th.  

The Sunday after....  



This event changed history and many many lives.  Prayers were said as many did remember with tears,  as their loved ones met Jesus that day. 

 Even if we didn't have a loved one that was directly involved with any of the crashes .....we felt the pain.  This photo I choose for this blog  hit me--- As in a quiet field an entire plane went down and the people on that plane made decisions that forever changed history as well.  


Being a farm girl. ..this photo hit me.  


But again -- I remember the day after. 

 Did it really change me?

   Did it change us as a Nation?  


I know that there were MANY who GOT themselves into a church that next Sunday.  I know that many questioned and there was a turning within our Nation.  


But where are we now?  

As I was speaking to God this morn, the Holy Spirit brought me to a thought.  


I have grand kids now.  How excited both Bren and I get when SJ does something knew.  Last night, Ava brought such JOY to us when she recalled something that happened over the previous weekend and she wanted to RELIVE the memory.    Memories are so important and they shape us.  

We are trying to teach SJ to blow kisses.  When she copies us and does it - no one can walk away without saying--"she is adorable"....or "that is so sweet".  

So many of us spend SO much time teaching and training our little ones to perform or do something.

With our children ----  WE spent countless hours teaching them to be good....to tolerate...to share....to have empathy and we LOVE it when we see it happening in front of us and we discipline or get frustrated when they don't.  


Many of us are parents and we understand this 'love' for a child.  And yet... Our Heavenly Father has that SAME  love for US.  Each of US. 

   And yet...HIS love for us is still SO much more.  So much more.  


I wondered of how He was sitting and thinking yesterday.  I don't mean to put God in a 'human' box and yet... He does understand us as He became fully human in the form of His Son.   But I got a vision of God...sitting in his big chair watching all the events of yesterday and the remembrances.  And I wondered.... 


I know HOW I feel when I am disappointed because of the actions of a child....
And that  hurt or disappointment can depress me and stop me for a bit until I refocus and bathe it in prayer.  

So...  HOW was God yesterday when He saw and watched SO many repent and come to Jesus those 17 years ago..........and now maybe they have gone back to their own ways and truly  don't even care about ETERNITY anymore???


There is this moment, in the pit of my stomach and in the blink of an eye where I allow myself to just think and it hurts...I hurt that MANY don't even care about eternity.  

I guess that is a growth mindset moment.... I believe my thinking is changing.  

Everyone can post and remind everyone to REMEMBER....but are we living our lives that way each day??   


When Ava's parents and the day care workers were working hard to get her totally potty and poopie trained, I remember the GOOD and successful days.  And when there was an accident  -- it was NO BIG deal.  She was training and learning.  

Now, she is almost three and an accident is not met with much enthusiasm anymore.  WE expect more of her now.  She is older.  


There are FAR too many of us that I believe.....  we should expect MORE of.  

They have seen and tasted what is good and know HOW to get to ETERNITY and yet....they prefer to have 'an accident'.  


My thoughts may be random there -- but that "hurt" or  the watching of another totally turn their eyes away from Jesus -- I think THAT is something that KEEPS me RIGHT next to the Great Father ...

I pray that this blog stirs something in you as well -- and I pray that YOU don't want to forget what Jesus totally did on that Cross.  


We are not promised tomorrow. 
 Our Savior is the only one who truly sacrificed everything.  
Praise God.  


Lord, a simple prayer -- "if my people will humbly pray"...God, for the ones that will read this today - may we all check our hearts and remember WHAT you did on that Cross.  May we take communion with You today and recall our own mortality and know that we know...our names are IN  Your Lamb's Book of Life.  IJN.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!