Saturday, September 1, 2018

Marriage is HARD, Bold prayers #37 -- Our Value.

What a beautiful photo ...right?   I downloaded or basically 'stole' it from a FB post.  This little boy is adorable - right?  It is from a photo shoot.  The little boy is the grandson of a high school mate.   This high school mate -- her husband went to see Jesus last December and this is their grandson.  

The family planted a WHOLE field of sunflowers as the sunflower is the symbol for ALS disease.   I honestly wished I could do the same...but I would need a field and a little more of that Wisconsin weather...  Florida can produce Sunflowers...but not like these!   

So, they had a family photo shoot within that field and this photo captured my heart.  1.  I love sunflowers.  2.  I love family photos -- even of those I don't know.  3.  He is a little ginger headed boy...I could have a grandson with that color of hair one day.  4.  He is the grandson of a family-- I do know and have prayed for.  And 5.  It was JUST too breathtaking not to share.  

 There is some specific meaning as to why  the sunflower  is the flower for ALS, but what I loved about this photo is that sunflowers grow in 'families' and they grow taller when together.  They had too.  At the age of 51 or 52, just after Dave retired...he was diagnosed with ALS.  He fought for almost 3 years.  I watched, prayed, and admired and will forever be changed by this disease.  That family grew taller and closer through this.   

We grow taller...when we are in the family of Christ.  

And yet...family can hurt us so badly at times.  Words, actions...even just not talking or no actions.  

This morning, I awoke to the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  I was thinking about several women and situations and praying and clearly ...I heard, "remind them of their value".    I know the Holy Spirit wasn't just speaking to me about those few in particular I was praying for...He was also speaking to me.  


So often we place our value in material things. 

 But we also place our value in HOW people think of us...HOW people speak to us...and HOW much we are 'worth'. 

  There really can be NO price tag placed on our lives.   And yet...with job promotions...and raises...and 'moving' up within our work place---DOES put value on us and we can tend to allow that value to truly define us.  Then again...maybe we don't, but when we are passed up for a promotion or passed up for that recognition...we feel LESS THAN.   Feeling less than... is a form of feeling rejection.  We were not valuable to 'them' or to 'him'. ......  

Again... I am preaching to the choir...myself.  

Our VALUE does come only from WHO made us.  

These truths are from the Adamant book written by Lisa Bevere.  



Because I am in Christ, I am constant, immovable, and unshakable in truth. He is my fortress, stronghold,and unassailable refuge.  

I am seen and known because God is adamantly intimate with every moment of my life.  

God is love, and I cannot stop God from living me.  His love is invincible and immovable.

I will use my words to heal and build up rather than to criticize and tear down.  

I am God's adamant. I hear his voice clearly, and my  innermost being agrees with what he says.  Day by Day, I am growing more and more and experiencing the fullness of who God says I am.   

For today.... I want to remind those reading and praying with me that YOUR value comes from the heavenly Father.  Your value does NOT come from your husband, your job, or your kids.  You may feel unappreciated, underpaid, and less than...but YOUR Jesus died on that cross for YOU and paid the ultimate price.  WE have to separate those fleshly, earthly feelings of what we DESERVE ....to what God promises us.  What He promised us.  And we have to remind ourselves...that in this life..we will experience trouble.  


Quite simply today -- the simple prayer is this...


Lord, that the one within the marriage who is fighting so hard..may she understand and know her value...is through YOU...not her marriage or not from anything else...IN Jesus name.  AMEN.  

Here are a few more photos from that family ...are they just not beautiful!   And they area expecting another... well, I am assuming by this beautiful photo!  The dad in the photo - it was his dad who had ALS.  My class mate ...her name is Shelly... if you have family with ALS - you can relate.  But what joy in this photo right??  I truly believe heaven will have fields of sunflowers all around my mansion!   AMEN     



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!