Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Dear Beloved, God is Sovereign. #26 -#30

So, here I am again - behind in posting.  Last weekend and the week before I tried to post and catch up and that didn't work as well.   I was able to catch up but the sequence of posting -- It bothered me.  And yet, I did feel that the Holy Spirit was reminding me that I didn't have to have stuff in order or the prayers  perfected - to post what was needed.  

So the week quickly passed and  I found no time again to blog, but jotted more notes.  

I also asked God again and again, as I do believe HE commissioned me to do these 40 days and yet, still I can't seem to get each one posted each night.  

 To catch you up - I had a wonderful weekend in Tampa with my Mom, sisters, sister-n-love, and nieces and my daughter and God reminded me that....I write these prayers for a purpose and He will use the blog for His.   So, I can push together a few posts and just share my notes...God knows my heart.  God knows I am praying for some special sisters in Christ that need to know HE loves them...and I will trust God's timing and His providence.  



I have been and do continue to pray for my sweet sister in Christ - she was flummoxed and in a bit of a fog but I do  see an awakening and some better days!  She also has a present medical situation that she is fighting with antibiotics and time...which do seem to be getting better.   Awesome - perfect.  That was the intent of these 40 days of prayers.  

And yet, Last Sunday should have been #26 and today - should be #35!!   

And so - I am sharing my notes and catching up----------------


Sunday, October 21 -- God is Sovereign -- period.  So often we make him to be a human or we expect him to have hurts like a human and in reality = HE IS THE God!!!  What will be -- will be.  He is sovereign and He is going to win!

Sovereign means unlimited, unrestricted, supreme, ultimate and boundless!  God is God -- and I am not.

Prayer for  today #26   
 Lord, help us to always know and understand that YOU are not human - YOU are God. THE God, and you are not a man ....thus you can not lie.    IJN  Amen.

Monday, October 22 -- God does not lie.      I would think of this often when my husband and I were estranged.  God had given me a vision and a gut feeling that I was NOT to give up.  I hung on...some nights it was by the hair of a my chiney chin chin!   But, I believed in God's Word that when you were in love with Jesus and surrendered to HIM -- then you would surrender to your family and do what is right.  Therefore, my husband would put aside his earthly dreams and surrender to WHAT God asked him to do. 

Prayer for today #27  
 Lord, so I ask YOU to give strength to the dear one reading this, if she   wants to quit -- remind her that YOU don't lie.  You are still on the throne and You are fighting for her and her situation.  IJN... Amen.  

Tuesday, October 23 --- God created us for His purposes - for companionship and fellowship.  He created a garden of Eden that served Adam and Eve.  However, we allowed the Enemy in to steal the blessing -- thus...we are here and now.


Prayer for today #28 
 Lord, for the one reading this that knows that she knows -- her life is not overflowing with the goodness of God.   Perhaps she has looked at what God has provided for her and ignored it.  Perhaps she has felt guilt because she has not acknowledged WHAT God has done.  Forgive her - but bring her back to the basics and  allow the basic flow of Your living water to refresh her.   I pray she forgives herself as well.   Lord, she continues each day to seek You and for that I am grateful.  IJN ... Amen.

Wednesday, October 24   -- God creates beauty.  Field trip today - driving along the lake  in the school bus watching the birds fly, seeing smoke from the sugar cane fields, and students bouncing in their seats  and playing within a bus seat for an hour or two.  I look around and out the window at this beautiful day and then spot check each bus seat to make sure all were accounted for.     Beauty... I can see it so quickly in these beautiful sunsets we have been having  and the glory of the lake we are driving alongside but I also think of a mother who is shut up in her home - sitting next to a hospice bed as she watches her son slowly  fade away.  Such life in those students on my bus and all this dear woman wants is to see her sun sit up and love her back. 

Prayers for today #29 

 Lord, for those hurting today as they read this LONG post -- may they have the courage to change something that hasn't worked for so long...  and know that You Father God have  given them everything they need to do some of God's Work.  May those hurting really seek You.  And may that one mother watching her son --  may those around her see the need she has  and step up. May she feel your total presence this evening Lord, IJN  Amen.  


Thursday, October 25 -- we are OFF!   

Last one for this blog to catch up on....   Have you every planned a trip, gotten everything packed and then realized  you went past your budgeted time frame and had to go back home?  That can happen with us so often ....we get ahead of God's plans and assume.  
My notes for this day are simply just that -- "Slow down and enjoy the ride. " 

 I believe that we are very quick to try to solve a problem before we have prayed  over  it and allowed God the time to fix it perfectly.    

Getting ahead of God is never quite fun.  His will is needed.    Last Thursday, I was on my way to Tampa for a Conference with Taylor.  As I mentioned at the beginning of this blog.   It is a very long story - but basically -- I ended up running over her luggage and her book/computer bag.  Ya.. THAT was not good.

  I totaled it.  ( The computer that is.)  And, what was really unnerving  was that, in such a quick moment I was not thinking and hit the gas pedal.  Sure, I only totaled her luggage but what if there had been a young child near the other side of my car....  I shudder to think of it ....  I was reminded to show down and not be in such a hurry.  

Prayers for today #30  

 Lord, many times in  crisis we want quick fixes and we want the table to turn or something to transpire so that we don't have to suffer anymore.
  Lord, I pray for the patience you have given this reader to  finish reading all of this to the end, but also I pray that she or he would flourish and  realize the beauty in Your timing.  I pray they would slow down and enjoy the ride.   God has this...if you have given the problem to Him ...let HIM fix it.  IN Jesus Name.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!