Saturday, June 20, 2020

Faith over Fear - Blogged prayer post #35 - The Wilderness



 
This Pandemic has us all in a different mind set and as the summer officially began today, I finished something on my list of TO do stuff, so I guess summer CAN begin!!  

Last week I wrapped up some professional development and finished two classes.  
This week, I learned a new aspect of my summer job( at the insurance office ) and enjoyed a sweet visit with my sister and her kids from Wisconsin and today - I submitted y 2019 taxes.  I indeed, allowed the Pandemic to push the deadline for when I 'did' my taxes.  But they are done.  Amen!  

So now I can enjoy summer.  

Summer -- when one gets rest and works on the TAN!!  
Vacations begin or  are enjoyed. 
Maybe there is time for actually 'going to lunch'... 

In this Pandemic, there has been more time to read.  Brendan shared something with me yesterday that I want to write about and have here,  published,  to come back to.  This series of prayer/blogs are for faith over any fear.  

I have seen MUCH fear with the Pandemic.

 And I admit, I fell prey to it just yesterday. 
We were gifted a very special trip to the Bahamas on a private yacht through the Insurance company and when the email came about getting a Molecular NP something test for Covid-19, I panic'd and said, "NOPE".  I just didn't want to deal.  And, the company reps were very gracious to me and fully understood when I opted out of the trip,  but it was due to that test.  I just did not WANT that Q-tip being shoved into my nose - almost to my eyeballs.  Just. Did. Not. Want. That.  That was a valid fear - in my opinion and something I could OPT out on.   Temporary Fear.  

The Wilderness -- is something different.  

 I have seen fear in many during this Pandemic.  Fear that doesn't leave.  Fear that is controlling.  


I believe this Pandemic is indeed a wilderness.  In Biblical Old Testament, the wilderness was a very real place.  Deuteronomy 8 speaks of how the Lord led the Israelites out of Egypt.   
 
"The Wilderness was a place of death as an entire generation grew weak and perished there.  It was also a place of life 
where an entire generation was born and nurtured.  The new generation became the conquering warrior of Israel.  
God knew exactly what HE was doing when he sent them into the Wilderness.  And today God continues to do the same for His children. " 


If we don't understand why God is allowing this right now - we will become frustrated and bitter towards God.  There are many wildernesses in life.  

"Again, if we don't understand why God is allowing 
us to go through them, we will become frustrated.   This is true if we have been taught that with enough faith we will not go through them.  If we believe this, not only will we go through wildernesses, but we will condemn ourselves for lack of faith.  Or we may blame God for breaking His promises.  Jesus overcame the enemy in the inconvenient circumstances of the desert.  We must also face our wildernesses, overcoming them and revealing the victory of Christ in practical life.  "
                                     -- Spiritual Warfare by Dean Sherman 

So why does God allow this or lead us into a wilderness?  We get humbled -- during times like this we remember who god is and who are not.  It will make us more dependent upon HIM.  It will also put a spotlight onto our lives and others may notice which is hard, because it is uncomfortable. 

 Our world and the ones around us may have taught us to AVOID any humbling, but God knows the 
greatest thing we can have is consistent   humbling.     Being humbled is good.  It is PRIDE that we should fear. 

 We should remain faithful and trust God to endure and be grateful for the humbling wilderness. 


 
This Pandemic and our walking through it - is somewhat of a wilderness.  Our wilderness maybe not be one of sand dunes and water holes  - but it is equally as REAL.   We are here because of a fallen world. Without exception, we will all go through wildernesses. 
So, as we are in this wilderness of the Pandemic  and the present stirring of hatred within the Body of Christ .... let's stop and think and take a reflective look.  

Another reason we have a wilderness is for testing.  God will allow us to be in certain situations that reveal the content of our character.  (Doesn't that sound familiar -- MLK quoted God himself!)   Under pressure, that which is in us,  comes out.   Testing reveals our weaknesses and strengths to God and to ourselves.  God wants to repair our faults with HIM rather than out in public for all to see.  

 
This Pandemic and our walking through it - is somewhat of a wilderness.  Our wilderness maybe not be one of sand dunes and water holes  - but it is equally as REAL.   We are here because of a fallen world. Without exception, we will all go through wildernesses. 

So, as we are in this wilderness of the Pandemic  and the present stirring of hatred within the Body of Christ .... let's stop and think and take a reflective look.  
So what to do?  
  • Truly thank the Lord for showing things in your heart that need fixing.
  • Repent.  Ask God to forgive any sin or wrong motives.  You may also need to ask others for forgiveness.  
  • Seek God's help to overcome and create new habits and attitudes. 
  • Resist the enemy in his attempts in your life. 
  • Never deny that you are going through a wilderness experience. 
  • Never feel condemned for that which has surfaced during your wilderness experience.
  • Simply say, "thank you, God, for showing me what was in my heart. Now let's do something about it."     pg. 148 - Spiritual Warfare 
Lord, I believe this blog is in perfect timing with everything on TV and in the Media about BLM and about ALL lives Matter and about everything associated with the turmoil within our country right now.  Lord, You know my heart and that I believe we have but ONE race, and that is the human race.  Lord, you know I believe we all bleed the same -- and that we have those that LOVE and serve you and those that still don't recognize their sin -- yet.   But Lord, show me where I have wronged or hurt another even with my silence ... or my OVER-SPEAKING.  

Lord, I pray that as we are in the Wilderness of the Pandemic, that MORE grace and MORE love will be experienced by those around me - especially THOSE in fear.  IN the name of Jesus - amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!