Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Faith or Feelings - ACTION - prayer for parents - Blogged Prayer #36

      Herod the king was distraught.  A child had been born: his birth was heralded by the very angels!  


Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with theangel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,

    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”



Some at that time said the baby was the Christ child, the long-awaited Messiah.  


I read this in my present book study and began to think. 


 What about Mary and Joseph .... talking and hearing the rumors and then knowing that Herod had made a degree and was killing every male child under the age of two in his attempt to do away with the Christ child?  



I thought about, now - today .... and much of what is going on in our world.  As a parent, of a young child -- what could be going on within your head and heart as  you have concern for your little as she or he grows up NOW in this world? 


I know this -- your child, my grandchildren, all children  -- were created FOR SUCH a time as THIS.  I also know God is good and  is a good good Father, so we can trust HIM to protect us and keep us under the shadow of HIS wings.   We can trust HIM with our children.  



But, as I  thought -- how interesting it was that Jesus too, came INTO this world at a very hard time.   Just another way that Jesus can relate to US! 


"Scripture does not share what this young couple went through as they held their beloved child in their arms, keenly aware that others mourned with empty arms and shattered hearts because of their son.  It was a humble and tragic beginning to the earthly life and ministry of Jesus."   -Suzanne Eller from Mended Hearts





THAT  really comforted me -- that both Mary and Joseph also felt the fear and concern for their son - Jesus.  They had to of.  It only makes sense.   But then, as you read scripture ... they MOVED.  They did something, they retreated to Egypt and raised Jesus away from Herold. 


 ACTION -- faith into action.  


I see that often in many young parents of today -- they are MOVING and doing.  Some seek research and have gone more organic and holistic with their medicines and procedures.  Some are pushing and protecting their littles from the dangers of the 'metal' within our current vaccinations.  Some are doing their OWN schooling - to keep God and their innocence RIGHT in front of them.    I think it is all good.  


Watching this morning,  as my little here today ( it happens to only be SJ today ) is fascinated with the Play-doh that I have set out - she is only concerned with trying to manipulate the dough and get it into the 'fun maker'.  


She is innocent.  I look at her beautiful eyes and think about HOW she will grow and WHAT will she do.  And yet, I put that aside and just ENJOY her right now and pay attention that there is nothing within her reach that will harm her.  We manipulate the play-doh into shapes and she quickly delights in the fact that she recognizes an OVAL and a TRIANGLE and screams, "I angle"  and "OOOvil" .  


I would move.  I would take action.  If there was an immediate threat to her safety - I would move and not think twice.   


I have that in common with Jesus's earthly parents.  Yet, I believe I also have this in common - Prayer.  


Today's prayer is for those young and or new parents:  



Lord, there is MUCH going on these days.  I see my own children and loved ones digging into much, trying to find the RIGHT way to raise their child....should they vaccinate or not?  Should they homeschool or not?  Should they make their child wear a mask or not?   So much pressure now with Social Media to be the perfect parent and not the helicopter parent.  And yet Lord, I write this for the YOUNG parents and still, I have the SAME questions at times for my OWN ADULT children.  Parenting is not easy nor is it for the faint at heart. 


 Lord, as the younger parents deal with toddler issues and being scared of lightning, help us older parents deal with the child like behaviors that we still see... help us all to SEEK YOU for the answers as to what to be scared about and what to CAST upon YOU. Lord, bless these younger parents - many are now dealing with co-parenting which parenting is difficult, but to share it when mom and dad are no longer within the same house - increases the chances for the enemy to get in and cause a wedge. 


 THERE is just much - now... but, as I said earlier - I take comfort in the fact that your earthly parents brought you up in a time where there was much turmoil as well... and they did well - they moved when they needed to.  Lord, I pray for each parent reading this today -- may he or se know WHEN to move, WHEN to place their faith in ACTION and when to speak up to guide through Your Word and Your Truth. 


 Bless them Lord, IJN  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!