Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Marriage is HARD. Bold Prayers Day #12



Psm 25 vs. 1 - In your Lord my God I put my trust....



John 14.13  And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 

Psalm 32.2  "Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him".  


I can do everything through him who gives me strength      Phil 4.13

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.       Prov. 16.3

God has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.     Eph. 1.3

For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.   
      1 John 5.5




"Human frailty is another thing that gets between God's words of assurance and our own words of and thoughts.  When we realize how feeble we are in facing difficulties, the difficulties become like giants, we become like grasshoppers, and God seems to be non-existent. But remember God's assurance to us - 'I will never ....forsake you'.... have you learned  to sing after hearing God's keynote?  Are we continually filled with enough courage to say,  'The Lord is my helper'  or do we yield to fear?"
            - Oswald Chambers

  This is a photo of the two of us back in 2012...we were in the process of healing.  I remember feeling awkward when asking if I could have a photo with him.  Funny, how such a simple thing can be so worry some and scary.

                                                                                   I was looking at many photos today.  Photos from 2002-2015.  I have them in boxes.  I have to really scrapbook them or get them into some sort of albums.  But I haven't.  Cause those years bring back memories that still sting a bit.  Hence in 2012 I was a bit leery of asking to pose for a photo of the two of us.  As I went through boxes of photos, I noticed that so often there were plenty of the kids and activities but none really of the two of us.

Funny how a simple box of photos can remind you of a season that was very hard.    But I came to these verses tonight and was reminded  that God's promises are true.  Looking to HIM to heal and seeking HIM to help you when something is awkward and scary....is peace.



Lord, for the marriages that I have been interceding for  -- may each husband and wife commit their thoughts and hearts to you as it says in Proverbs 16.  And then Lord....the plans for their marriage will succeed.   Lord, for the wife who does not feel she will overcome this evening.... Lord, I pray her faith will hold.  Lord, for the marriage that was torn apart today because of a revelation...God may each side of this situation be tempered with grace and mercy and may YOU win on both sides.  Lord, for the husband who is trying his best to be a dad in this new found 'singleness'....Lord, may his eyes be open to WHAT YOU want him to proceed with.  And Lord, for the husband whose heart is closed and hard....he has been in a loveless marriage for far too long -- may he see a light in his marriage and may she get the help she needs.  Lord, for the marriages where forgiveness is a daily thing  -- may each of them, the husband and the wife, be reminded that our sins are of our past - because we are forgiven when we surrender it all to our heavenly Father.  And Lord, for the one who is trying to still HOLD on and do what You want her to do....she is hurt, and she also sought action today by seeking counsel ...protect her and give her hope.  Lord, I was a bit specific here this eve...these marriages are precious to You and on our hearts. 


  Lord, protect this blog and may the one reading this...if there is hurt within their marriage,  then GOD I pray Your Word will speak life to them and give them hope.  
And this photo was a few days ago -- funny, now we have NO problem snapping photos!  God won
Lord, for my own marriage ....as even this eve, the enemy wanted to stir up a wedge again and with grace and mercy....we both forgave again.  Lord, I thank you for Your Word, Your healing and I praise You and I will believe that EACH of these marriages that I hinted about....will indeed endure and be redeemed and that EACH of their children will one day realize and see the glory within their parents.  IN Jesus Holy Name...Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!