Saturday, July 7, 2018

Marriage is HARD. Bold prayers about TRUST, #2. Day #9

So, I 'wrote' yesterday's blog post...today.  This am.  Being on vacation sort of pushes everything in different sorts.  And I am in a very different TIME zone!   As I stated, when I was on the lake yesterday my prayers were about trust.  Today...in an hour...I am headed to the WHITE water rafting adventure.  My husband has been battling a cold and just decided to 'opt out' of the trip. 

I reread the directions and objectives of today's ADVENTURE and decided that I would brave it out.  Me...who is not a swimmer....me...who is afraid of water....and me...who really does not know anyone here is going to put her life at risk and DO this!


Trust.   LOL. 

God is always good.  If life is like a deck of cards, then God is always the wild card.  He is not subject to our human efforts to influence outcomes, we are subject to HIS.  His story is the great story being told- and none of us  know exactly how our own story will read - only that it will end well!  This is why we trust, in the important matters, always feels like a risk and why it entails courage.  

God does not have to explain Himself to us, we worship a God who is mysterious - too mysterious to fit into our formulas.  It means God is not our best friend, our secret lover, or our alter ego...HE is our God.  It evens means that it is just as frightening as it is delightful to stand in HIS presence.  Our creatively relationship with God is one in which we are, at the same time, both irresistibly drawn to HIM and humbled by the grandeur of his holiness. 


I copied and pasted that from the previous blog post.  I love Paula Reinhart.  A writer of godly stuff that seems to be RIGHT there is my head and yet I reread this again and felt...WOW -- 

"even if it means that it is just as frightening as it is delightful to stand in His presence"  

I have been in such AWE of this place here in Whistler, British Columbia.  I have seen tour guides take a bunch of us 'oldies' and walk us up to mountains at 7000 feet and I have seen little 4 and 5 year olds ride bikes on terrain I would not even get close too.  Going white water rafting today will be a 'bucket list' thing....something I do want to say I did and did well.  But I will have to totally trust on some total strangers within my raft and a guide who will probably be 1/3 of my age! 


Today -- my prayers will probably be...Lord, keep me safe. 

Marriage is indeed trusting another person with your heart and your future.  Today as I was thinking of this blog post, I thought about the hurt one feels when they realize the heart has become hard and no longer feels.  and I thought about how that 'idea' of security is broken..... so I pray --



Lord, for those wives in particular who felt the words...."through sickness and in health" and now he may not be there until the end.  Lord, for those wives that hear, "I will love you forever" and now he says something different.  Lord, for those who have heard, "I no longer am in love...." and the reality of the present sets in.   Lord, FOR each of those circumstances and also for the wife who just does not feel she and her husband are trusting each other and /or even communicating.  May today be a day where each of those women know that they know -- God knows.  And that ....God is good.  In Jesus name.. Amen.  


And Lord, I am scared.  I am.  Help me to rely on that very young tour guide and I will trust that You have placed the RIGHT people within my raft and I will be  here to blog again tomorrow.  IJN.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!