Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Marriage is HARD. Bold Prayers #18. God's Word

Do you believe God's Word is alive and full of power?
Do you believe God's Word is energizing?
Do you believe God's Word is effective? 


I do.


Is His  Word alive and active in me?


I am created in the image of God -- His words are omnipotent   = meaning have UNLIMITED power.
My words are potent = they have power too........ with God in me - with Holy Spirit as my constant companion, and with Jesus as my Savior -- are my words omnipotent?  
- With unlimited power?

Maybe?  

God's words are omnipotent.  He has unlimited power. 
If I believe I am created in God's image and He abides in me....and I am a joint heir to His Kingdom             ...then my words are almost unlimited.... or as close to unlimited as my 'flesh' will allow myself to believe! 

Or can I have that unlimited power? 

I know I can have an unlimited prayer life....
I know I can have an unlimited love for chocolate...
I know I can have an unlimited love for a child ..... 


Our words are potent.
Spoken words are more powerful than 'thought up ones'.   That is why  the spoken word is so powerful. 


God SPOKE  "in" our world - our earth came to life because  God spoke it. 
God SPOKE in the sky...the animals...the sun....the waters....  man...  see in Genesis!

Satan wants to hinder me -- or you -- from ever using your mouth the RIGHT way --

God says that as I draw near to Him, He will draw close to me --
God's Word says that his words are like fire in Jeremiah 23! 
God's Word is God speaking -- the most powerful words are His......


I know God's Word is alive and active in me.  
  I have seen mountains been moved cause we prayed it to happen. 
I know God's Word is alive and active in me, as He has used His Word to teach me and  then I have been able to teach others and have seen victory over  strongholds! 

I have gotten victory over strongholds -- by memorizing scripture and using THAT to battle the firey darts that Satan or his helps throw. 

Tonight, I spoke with a dear friend.  I listened to his present situation and his present hurts.  What God wanted me to remind him was this ....


God hears him.  God hears his prayers.  God's Word will not return void.  I reminded him of the scripture that we are to CAST all cares ONTO Him and He will direct our path.  

God's Word also states that, "in this life - we will have trouble".  

We will have trouble.  We can speak against that trouble, but often the consequences of our sin or another's sin..... brings heartache and trouble.  Frustrations.  

The same is true in a marriage.  But God can....sustain us and we can have JOY even in rough or hard circumstances with God.  His Word reminds us of that.  


Lord, very simply....I pray that the one reading this is seeking Your Word.   I pray that the wife or husband who is seeking  Your help and guidance for a better marriage is seeking Your Word.  I pray they are finding scriptures and illustrations of WHERE and WHEN You answered and I pray they will hold those truths tightly to their hearts and cement them into their heads.  That...You will win.   And specifically for that brother in Christ this evening....meet HIM RIGHT where he is at and may he realize HOW loved he is.  In Jesus Name, Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!