Thursday, July 12, 2018

Marriage is HARD. Bold prayers. Day #14

Again....my internal time clock is beginning to return to normal after our week in the Pacific Northwest.  Yesterday's blog was a LONG one and full of stuff.    So I really think today's need to be SHORT!  

I did have Bren's blessing to post yesterday's blog, but the enemy certainly wants me to question my posting.  All I heard for a good few moments today was, "you are nothing but a fake and no it all - no one really even reads your blogs".  Rebuking the Enemy is something that happens throughout my day.  I guess I say that to remind you and myself.... he won't stop.  Some days are easier to rebuke him and other days, when we have opened ourselves up, truly believing that God wanted to speak through us to someone....well....it is hard not having that FIRM affirmation to throw right back at the enemy.  And YET I do.  I have God's Word.  Again...human or people affirmation is NOT necessary. 

 I am still thinking and praying that the time spent on this series is NOT for personal gain but for HIS Glory. 

  It is true...this blog becomes a public look into my journal and conversations with God. 

So I will be transparent and REAL  again today -- when Bren and I were coming home from the gym we talked  about yesterday's blog and prayers.  We talked about marriage and the marriages we seem to witness.  I reminded him he is drinking TOO much diet coke and then teased him about heading into McDonald's for breakfast with his old fellow retired friends.    We spoke about our kids, talked about the day  and I asked him to 'do' a few things for me.  He is taking a long trip over to Tampa today -- time to pray in the car. I had a list.    We were also  speaking about the  END TIMES.
  I made the comment --

"It just seems that the generation today -- does not realize the significance of truly knowing God's Word and following it."  And I asked -- "have we made it too easy?" 

Maybe we have.

  So I was impressed for today's blog-- to pray  for future marriages and young marriages.  As I believe they may be even more attacked by Satan then some of us realize. 

 Then Bren shared something.  He had been watching a Podcast from Jimmy Evans last weekend at Gateway Church.  And he shared.  Part of our conversation ended with  the words, "the mark of the beast".  REAL.  Bren was talking about ....actually talking to younger people and when he does he believes he may be adding in another element to his testimony.  His exact words were, "and if you continue to do your own thing, cause you don't wish to obey God and the rapture happens....then for goodness sake ...DO NOT take the mark of the beast...as then there is NO hope to see you in heaven". 


I was speechless... as part of my blog yesterday was to me...a warning to many young people.  Many young people who call upon God for everything and yet...they only want to believe some of His Words. 

Anyway -- that was not SHORT -- was it?   Here is my prayer today: 

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.[a]
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,[b]
    on earth as it is in heaven. For each and every young married couple I know right now and for those reading this...May they want and know that Your kingdom will come and Your will ...will be done.  May they be in YOUR will!  
1Give us this day our daily bread,[c]
12 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors. God, for each of them -- young and foolish right now...living their life and seeking their own daily bread....may they seek YOU for the daily bread and may they understand the true concept of forgiveness and redemption.  
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.
Lord, so many of them and lead into many temptations and probably feel great shame and guilt...Lord, that they will seek you and be delivered from much and whatever it is that keeps them from freely worshiping you --  
14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Lord, these young people and this new marriages have SO much more with social media and the desensitization of the our morals within our world now... and yet, I believe this generation of younger ones will be the ones probably seeing the coming of you.  Lord, may they not miss that rapture...may they WANT all of you and chase after you.  Lord, may they defy the odds and return to You.  Lord, may they raise children that love and serve you and may they stand out among their peers are role models -- happy and full of life.  Lord, that they can live in freedom and enjoy every pleasure you indeed for marriage.  Lord, Your will be done.    Lord, I have a son who is of this younger generation and I have young married children too -- our prayer for all three of them each day is that they SEEK YOU and lean into YOU for everything.  God, grant me the desires of my heart...IN JESUS NAME -- Amen 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!