Thursday, August 23, 2018

Marriage is HARD. Bold prayers and Godly fear. #33

So, as I said -- I am still on this FEAR thing... if you read yesterday's blog - I touched upon it. Truth be told, my fear was leaking into my conversations with my husband and I found myself 'acting' in a manner that he quickly noticed as "NEEDY" and "NAGGY".  

The photo I posted here as a photo of FEAR as well...LOL.  This was BEFORE I went white water rafting.  FEAR is indeed real... but it doesn't have to control us or destroy us. 

 
I do want to blog more about that -- but basically I first want to blog and share about the RIGHT kind of fear we need.  Godly FEAR! 

 

What is Godly Fear?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Godly Fear: Fear of Not Being in Covenant Relationship with God.

To have godly fear a person first has to have a relationship with God, a everlasting covenant. It would be most fearful if this relationship was lost or tarnished. Jeremiah 32:40 advises us God’s everlasting covenant where he will not turn away and he will put fear in our hearts.

Jeremiah 32:40, And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.”


Godly Fear: A Fervent Desire to Stay in Relationship With a Most Awesome God.

Godly fear is an emotion that God wants us to have in our heart and it is an essential part of God’s salvation plan. This is a fear driven by our fervent desire to do everything possible to stay in relationship with the most awesome, most powerful, most loving person in the universe. Hebrews 12:28 advises us of God giving us kingdom through grace and where serve God with godly fear.
Hebrews 12:28, “Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.”


Godly Fear: A Fear of God that Keeps Us and Assures Us Eternal Life.

Godly fear a precious, all-consuming emotion that enables us to have an eternal relationship with God and to avoid the snares of this world. Proverbs 14:27 advises us that godly fear is the fountain of lie that keeps us from the snares of death.

Proverbs 14:27, “The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.”

Godly Fear Preserves us From Evil.

Godly fear is the evidence that we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. This fear boils up in us because we have realized that only the Lord through his mercy and truth can purge the deadly effects of sin from our mortal bodies and souls. Proverbs 16:6 advises us that mercy and truth purges sin, and by godly fear men depart evil.

Proverbs 16:6, “By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.”

Godly Fear: The Outward Manifestation of Our Hope in God’s Grace.

When we truly place all of our hope in God, our hope becomes a fervent emotion filled with godly fear. Our emotions are now heightened and focused on God as we now look to him as our sure and only hope for eternal salvation. Psalm 33:18 advises us that God will watch over those who fear God and hope in his mercy.

Psalm 33:18, “Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;.”

The Reality of God’s Holiness Brings Us into Godly Fear.

Godly fear comes to us when we come into relationship with God and His holiness is revealed to us. When we truly understand the godliness of God, we come into a new reality. We are awe struck when we realize that we are in the presence of someone not like anyone we have ever met in our lives.

Revelation 15:4 advises us we should fear and glorify God for He is holy.

Revelation 15:4, “Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.”


That all sounded REAL good - didn't it?   I am NOT that smart.  It comes from a site called, "Access Jesus" and it put into words what I wanted to express.   I tried to find the author's name, but it wasn't to be found. Maybe someone there 'copied' it from another as well.  My point being is this...

If...BOTH marriage partners HAD Godly fear....they would most likely be in a GOOD and thriving marriage.  Period.  Right??  

Today's prayer:  

Lord,  in just this past week, YOU have brought two more desperate couples and people to my husband or myself or both of us.... we won't allow THIS burden to damper our spirits or our believe that YOU can win, but we do claim in faith that if these new ones will SEEK YOU...   allow YOU to grow them and be OBEDIENT....then we know we will see new fruit and new marriages with better relationships.  God, the bottom line is YOU .   There is no blog or self help book that can do anything better than a true salvation experience and humbling before  You Lord.  May each of these couples, read this and may new spouses read this and question their Own selves....  do I possess Godly fear Lord?   If not... help me, forgive me and heal me Lord.  IN Jesus Name, Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!