Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Being fearful, so I pray!

It's the 2nd month of the year.  What has had you fearful lately?   


I am blessed to visit and chat with a group of women each Monday and we are picking apart a recent best seller. 

  And we share God's Word too. 

 And we pray.

And I get to see the Holy Spirit move within their hearts as one will speak to and minister to another and it blesses the Kingdom so!  

And we laugh and share.  

 Often times, when we read of other's stories and how they moved forward - we can see hope on the horizon for our own problems and situations. Lysa Terkerset's book is sort of like that for many of us.  

This last chapter or one of the chapters we have recently discussed was about fear. 

 I admitted some fears. 

 I haven't been writing that much.  My journaling, my writing, has been  very limited and I feel like I am 'not worth my writing'...  

After a sabbatical and some R and R, I asked God about this.  

Tonight He brought me back to a prayer that Beth Moore wrote for herself and placed it on her blog back in December of 2009. That prayer SPOKE volumes to me and it felt like I could of written it. 

 Tonight, I rewrote it to fit my heart.  

I am admitting that I am fearful  -- it seems my time of blogging isn't God's will for me  --right now.  Or maybe it is.  He has been VERY quiet.  God that is..... 

Quiet and yet, very loud.  So, with that  - I humbly share my prayer.  


And I will ask you -- what has you fearful?   I would prayerfully ask you to be vulnerable before God and maybe write it out this evening as well.  God already knows your heart and what is in that head.  



My Dearest Abba Father Papa, 

I’ve lived long enough to know that any 12-month period of time on Planet Earth winds a pathway through thicket and thorns. It’s just too long a period of time not to get hurt or offended.   I am feeling those offences more and seeing them play out on social media.  It hurts.  And yet, I feel or believe it is still a medium in which to share and show love and receive truth.  

I have allowed the enemy to tell me "its all you - its you they don't want to hear from". 

I also know that You have tucked many more  joys in the oncoming year and I don’t want to miss them because I can’t quit obsessing about what I need to be doing or what I think I should be doing.  

 You’ve gone to measurable lengths in the last year to show me how the enemy of my soul operates in one specific area -- my thoughts.    You have used my husband to show and remind me of WHAT YOU do say about me.  And each time when  the enemy wants to call me out  - YOU are there, reminding me of Your grace and mercy and love.  

 As this year is now in its 2nd month -  I am so thankful that I have Your Spirit without limit in my life and that, with You, change in a long pattern really is possible. 

You’ve done it before in my life. 

Come do it again. I am asking You in particular, Abba Father, to run to my aid in that first moment when an opportunity for offense happens and urge me by Your Holy Spirit to head into a thought-loop that spirals upward rather than downward.

 Simply put, help me to get over things fast.  Help me to know when to speak, when to be still, and when to shout.  I want to make sure I am being bolder and standing on Your Word.  

I am thinking that many of us 'christ like' people have become TOO passive and I believe we must STAND more and poke that bear -- but in love.  

 Honestly, Lord, sometimes I just make life harder than it has to be. Some things that wound me aren’t even about me. Help me to see where I’m jumping into somebody else’s loop and to quit getting hung by my own. 

I choose joy in resting this petition at Your feet, Lord, and I refuse self-condemnation or fruitless regret. 

You never would have brought this to the forefront and called for it in prayer if You didn’t have something good in mind. You began this work. Now come and take it to the next level. I’m excited about it, Lord, and see a glimpse of liberty on the horizon.

I want to write again --- I want to blog, please put this block behind me.  

Thank You, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!