I believe. We believe. Our Father has faith in us.
Do you believe that God can make ALL things new?
Can he bring forth a love between two people that displays and shows others WHAT HE intended for marriage?
Is WHAT we see on TV and on the movies for real? Is that what marriages are to look like?
What is God's purpose for marriage?
What does the STORY of your marriage say about HIS grace and mercy?
Is your marriage alive and healthy in HIM?
"If we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently" Romans 8.25
Wouldn't it be nice to be a part of something that encourages both men and women to see that marriage is not a MOLD that confines them. Wouldn't it be awesome to believe everyone has the creative license to design their marriage as best suits their individual needs and divine purpose.
How will you write YOUR story?
- - Because we live in a day when there is so much divorce and distractions, many are afraid to even begin their stories. what you have seen - NEED not define what lies before you.
- - Because there are those who feel trapped in the middle of a chapter they don't like, don't close the book on your marriage - turn the page with HIS help.
- - Because there are countless couples that believed their love story would never end, only to discover the pages have been abruptly torn from their lives...by divorce..addiction...or death -- YOUR story is NOT over!
- - Because volumes COULD be written about all the different types and problems ... and yet - each one story can be so different ....that maybe OUR story can help inspire another.
- - Because Jesus still thinks marriage is a story worth telling - IT Is HIS framework for how He loves us.
- - Because we dare you to dream again -- Come with us -- John and Lisa Bevere
I pray our story continues to grow -- I believe in marriage!
"The Story of Marriage" by Lisa and John Bevere -- A DVD Series at His Church - Its Jesus' CHurch
Coming soon --
I wrote the above and blogged this back in October of 2014. The Story of Marriage was published in August of 2014. I got 'news' of this book and its contents back in the early months of 2014.
Tonight - as the church was full -- a dream was fulfilled. What Satan tried to destroy, God redeemed. If I went to heaven this evening.... all will be fine. Thank you Lord.
I am still awake, living on about 10 hours of sleep in 2 days, but this overwhelming feeling of joy, expectation, and pure God glory just can't be still. There is nothing, nothing like a Jesus high.
I had a few laughing moments with God. I am mature enough to know and realize when the enemy attacks as I see a new face come and then I hear the enemy say, "but so and so did not come".....and the battle continues. It won't stop - Satan still thinks he may have a chance. God is winning and HE will win the entire battle -- God wins.
Everyone worked together and this evening our church put on its first Marriage Event. Success. And we still have 2 more weeks!
If you are reading this and you attended, I pray it touched you like it did me the first time I watched the DVD and listened to the Bevere's. If you are reading this and saying, " I had no idea!"....You can still come to the next two weeks. If you are in a hurting marriage, God can restore it. And if you are in a season of joy within your marriage - God wants to enrich it! I know it.
Lord, thank you
Thank you ....You know my inner hurts and fears about certain aspects of this eve and yet, I have peace and all fear is gone. The enemy may try to remind me of 'all' the postage I sent inviting others that did not come but MY Lord, YOU remind me that YOU had EXACTLY whom needed to be there - there!
Lord, the dinner afterwards with my family, extended family, and new family -- was the icing on the cake. What a tremendous blessing and Ebenezer Stone - a marker in history. Today is Victory Day.
Thank you Lord, Satan tried to destroy God's art work - but we prevailed. Satan tried to prevent today from happening -- but God won.
Lord, there are hurting marriages that attended this eve -
Lord, there are new marriages --
Lord, there are good marriages that want better and there were couples that are seeking You - in each circumstance -- may they believe that YOu are God and may they seek You like never before. Lord, thank you !