Thursday, January 15, 2015

Peace beyond ALL understanding -- even when you get embarrassed!


 Can you really have peace.  
Yes. 

Do you have peace?  

I do.  

I mean, over the past month there has been some stress.  The holidays, seeking God for details and confirmations for the Women's Conference we had at church, and then my kids...  one is dating a new person  and she never really dated before--- she is an adult...but I had to have a COME to JESUS moment with God about my own behaviors and fears -- which - HE handled.   It was a glorious meeting!   ( with my flesh and all......Seriously, God is so so sweet! )  

And then, I was blessed with a TAX bill that I had NO idea I was  late in paying.    In my brain, I did not have 'property' on our property and it never occurred to me to pay a tax on the land.  I could blame by husband - as he is a real estate person and he just figured that  I had paid the taxes and I NEVER got a bill....so therefore - when our names are printed in the paper and our lot is up for auction - please note - it is now paid in full and clear of ANY tax penalties and fees.  EXpensive lesson.     And it is  no one's fault  -- really, the taxes were pretty minimal - we would of paid them we just UNAWARE.  We decided to thank God that someone happened to see our name on the deed or ticket going to the Courthouse and decided to send a copy of the notice to our Insurance Office - praise God or I would be reading my name in the paper this coming week and probably ...  would of been having another COME to Jesus meeting with ......  

But - praise God we have the funds or the means to get the funds to pay and then move forward.  

Moving forward -- even in the middle of a crisis.  

Is that possible?   Yes.  
Is there peace, even when you know that you know you don't have the funds to 'pay' a bill of some sort -- YES -- it is possible.  

This  is what was in my Jesus calling devotional today:  

 Dear Beloved , MY Face is shining upon YOU – beaming out PEACE that transcends understanding.  You are surrounded by a sea of problems — but you are FACE to FACE with Me.  I am your Peace.  As long as you focus on Me, you are safe. When you start to sink, simply call out, "help me, Jesus!" and I will lift you up. 

The closer you live to Me, the safer you are.  Circumstances around you are undulating, and there are treacherous –looking waves in the distance – FIX your eyes on ME, the ONE who never changes.  By the time those waves have reached you – they will have shrunk to proportions of MY design. I am always beside you, helping you to fact today's waves.  Laugh at the future – stay close to Me!   - Jesus 

Hebrews 12.2 – And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your  minds in Christ Jesus 

Matthew 14: 29-30 – Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came towards jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and , beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!". 

Philippians 4.7  - Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God 

My eyes are fixed.  
Several new problems and new prayer requests entered my brain in the past two weeks, two hours, and two days... some so very overwhelming and others that may seem trivial -- but yet in HIS eyes -- and in their eyes -- BIG requests.   HE knows.  

We serve a God that understands it all -- sees it all -- and answers each call...  
I am honored to call Him friend and confident -- 
I have peace -- in my circumstance ....even if I have to have a 'hissy fit' for 5 minutes, the Holy Spirit brings me back to my true heritage..... GOD wins... GOD is my rock and my right hand -- 


Lord, may this just encourage one to believe -- THERE is peace in every storm  -- when we FIX our eyes on You.   Our circumstances may continue to be hard and 'suck' as my daughter would say ...but we have to be willing do be in that HARD spot... until YOU change it...   Lord, getting TO THAT peace is hard...it takes faith - May you grant the person reading this a miracle today -- so that he or she  have a mile marker with you -- so that  she  can HOLD onto that action, that deed and believe that YOU can move the mountains and that THIS too shall pass....  and that YOU will bring beauty out of every ash - I believe it - I pray he will too.
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!