Thursday, July 5, 2018

Marriage is HARD. Bold Prayers - Day #6 - Walk by faith

This should of posted on July 4th - Independence Day!   I happen to be in Canada and our tour guide on that day stated, "it's your Independence Day - why are you in Canada?".


I thought about that comment.

I thought about a few women who are in a marriage and they are probably saying, "why am I here?"

I thought about that statement and asked myself, "why am I here?".

I am 'here' cause of God.  Because at a very hard time in my life, when my marriage was deeply in crisis mode....I turned to someone WHO did not fail me.

Our "home" for the next few days - Fairmont @Whistler, BC 
I have learned to love HIM in a new way in the past ten years.  I still question stuff here and there, but I come quickly back to the knowledge -- "He is a good good Father".

I am and have been praying for several marriages and added a few prayers for some new women who are seeking God in their marriages  at this present moment.  But I am also praying for mine.

Traveling brings stress.  We flew almost 8 hours on the 3rd... our ears HURT.  Packing seems to bring stress and some how needed items were forgotten.  That simple stress, can set off an argument or harsh words.   Then when we got here, the chatter was about a group of hikers -- 7 of them.  3 were missing.  However, the three missing -- fell off a cliff.  I am pretty sure that the parents of those 3 hikers are asking, "why were they so close?" 


Many of us experience physical and emotional pain daily.  Often when we sit and think - there is usually someone else that has it WORSE than we do.

But anyway -- today, I wanted to pray specifically for those women who are asking, "why am I here?".


So here it goes --

We walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

Dear Beloved, this evening I just wanted to remind you that we walk by faith and not by sight.  I am sure that if you love Jesus  and you call God your Father and rely on the Holy Spirit ....then you will understand this.  Right now I am to remind you -- that God knows your heart and your pain and your present situation -- He is not surprised.  Continue to seek HIM, continue to trust that God will make a way and continue to LOOK up to HIM for each answer and for the next move.  Lord, I pray that this dear beloved woman who wants her marriage to improve....wants her marriage to come forward out of this season...wants her husband to SEEK YOU first...well, I pray that this woman would  be refreshed and reminded that indeed - she is pleasing you because of her faith.  Lord, this evening - remind her in some special and supernatural way -- that YOU are fighting for her.  Lord, when she says the words, "why am I here?"  May she also HEAR YOU reply -- YOU are here because there is RIGHT where I need you.  Bless her Lord,  IN Jesus name, AMEN.


And Lord, for the families of those hikers -- and for the other 4 of those hikers who will never forget this day -- God, may glory be revealed in this.  May there be beauty out of the ashes.... as a parent, of a young man currently roaming the streets of NYC this evening -- I pray a hedge of protection over him as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!