Saturday, August 20, 2011

the help . . .

WOW - What a movie . . . .how one movie can just move you to tears and make you want to punch someone one minute and laugh and clap in another moment just makes me want to see it again. I highly recommend it!


The BEST part of the movie, when the one main character, as she is sitting in church, realizes that it takes courage and she begins to make a difference. The message through out the movie was so positive and good but it breaks your heart knowing that this probably was someone's REAL story.


Call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

Psalm 50.15


I loved how the women called upon HIM in their day of trouble. Many of our ancestors called upon HIM in the day of their trouble.


Too often we think we can handle things by ourselves and that if we actually are 'real' before our friends they may think we are just crazy or stupid. That is the Enemy lieing to us. It is important that we don't shut ourselves out or off when there is trouble. As our HELP comes from the Lord, who made the Heave and EArth - Psm 121.2 . and HE uses the people around us as well. The main character Abaline had a dear pal named Minnie -- with God and prayer, they set out to set something straight.


My friends have been a godsend in my time of trouble. Many have encouraged me and prayed. I have been reminded over and over how prayer is what we do and we have to wait on HIM to do HIS part.


I want to be a Minnie to the Abaline's in my life. I want to be an Abaline too -- I want to boldly live in such a way that my light shines . .I want to live everyday just to share HIS life so people can be whole . ..


God is the ultimate Helper -thank you God for the reminder of how YOU speak to us and how YOU answer prayer.


And thank you for tonight!

Michelle

1 comment:

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!