Tuesday, August 2, 2011

. .pain is pain . is pain . .

Pain is pain is pain . . . . What a title for a blog this eve. This is something I have been wanting to write out for some time. Not quite sure 'how' it will turn out . .but I want to say it.

1. Pain is pain. It is very important to know that when some one hurts, whether they are 19, 10 or 45 - they HURT! God feels that hurt. HE has experienced everything that can come our way. Amazing.


2. Pain is pain. Even when you 'think' your life or your situation is harder or more painful . . . .you will be blessed with another story or another friend who DOES have it a bit 'worse' than you. But, your pain is still pain.


3. Pain is Pain. Don't qualify another's pain. Don't make is 'less' by saying you 'can understand' or don't make it less by telling them a different story that you think will make they feel better. Pain is Pain.


It is important to know that God can use pain. HE is soveriegn and 'yes' HE knows exactly what you or I are going through but for some reason -- no HIS glory, HE has esteemed you high enough and strong enough to handle the pain with HIS help.


Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Prov. 12.18.


Pain is pain. Please. Whether you are the one suffering a loss, a death, a hurt . . .

Whether you are the one who is watching the other suffer a loss, a death or a hurt . .

Whether you are the child of one who is watching the loved one suffer a loss, a death, a betrayal, a hurt or a violation . .pain is pain.


Everyone hurts. Most times, we just need someone to listen and hug. Most times we just need to know there is hope. Most times, we don't want to explain . . . .or have it explained . .we just want to cry and fuss and yell!! (personally -- I do that with God . HE knows already )


Lord, forgive me for when I 'thought' I was helping and not allowing YOU to work a miracle in a life. Lord, forgive me for being too stuck on my own pain to not see the pain in others. Lord, thank you for providing the people that loved me . .even when all I wanted to do was 'cuss'. Lord, thank you for breaking me, and allowing this pain . . ..I want to be used by YOU and I want to bring hope to others.


From a wise mind comes wise speech: the words of the wise are persuasive. Prov. 16.23


I think it is very important to look beyond ourselves. However, we can allow the loved ones around us to minister to us when we need it. Get the help. Allow yourself to grieve and seek HIM for true healing. But then, looy beyond ourselves. As, I have found that when I look to help others, my pain DOES become a little 'less' to me.


I believe there are many hurting people all around me. Lord, let me comfort when I need to - let me see with YOUR eyes, what I need to say, do, or how I should pray.


Lord, I have learned MANY things in this time of my 'blue period' but now I am in the green and growing period . .so teach me much. Help me to see that I never 'level' one's pain. Help me show empathy each time. Lord, only let me open my mouth if YOU direct it.


I am so thank ful for your healing. I am so thankful for the work you are doing in my life -- in Brendan's life . in Taylor's life . .In Brittany's life . .In Paige's life . . In Darlene's life . . In Debi's life . .In Linda's life . . . . this list could go on and on . . . .seriously . . .I am humbled and honored. Lord, You are a deep mystery. and I won't try to fathom it. Please continue to use me in a mighty way.


I love you Lord. - Michelle


And PS . .I pray that whomever reads this - is blessed. Like I said - may I never 'level' pain - ever again. Thank you for teaching me this . . . I am humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!