Sunday, November 1, 2015

Last One - Scenario #7 - It is tough being a woman... ( Probably the HARDEST scenario!)

... who feel responsible for the HOW. 


Only the Lord knows how to "rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment".   ( 2 Peter 2.9) 



 In finishing these Scenario's that Beth Moore proposes each week at our Bible study -- it took me several  days to WANT to post and yet even today -- I see how it is HIS perfect time to post - tonight.  

Today, my husband and I had  the privilege to visit a local body of believers and stand with a young lady and her husband  who is battling cancer for the 4th time.  It started 10 years ago, she has replacement parts in her leg and shoulder.   She had beaten Cancer each and every time.  She has even had a portion of her skull removed.  Tomorrow she undergoes a reconstruction surgery  at the area where the skull was removed but they will also remove a new spot of her skull, above her ear.    Cancer.  And, a follow up report from last week has revealed that new cancer is in 7 of her vertebrae.  It certainly seems -- from a 'human' perspective -- HOW on earth can she battle this?  

Personally, as I sat in that building, I recalled the last time I visited that body of believers, 5 years ago, as I was visiting and looking for a church home and my family was broken   - torn apart.
Even though I believed my marriage could be restored -- HOW on earth was God going to do it?

Seven years ago, today, I got a phone call from my sister as her son had taken his last breath -- HOW were we going to walk this out?  HOW could I comfort my sister and comfort myself when,  within my home, there was so much tension and God was not a strong presence within all of my family members.    HOW did we get this way?   How Lord? 

In the middle of the service today, when a young boy was giving testimony of his foster family, I could not help but go back almost 11 years ago to a bible study that was taking place in my home each week.  We  were finishing it up and a new person had joined our group.  Her name was Carolyn and as she sat and rocked on my neighbor's chair and as she cried and shared her story - - I sat there and wondered -- HOW Lord?    ...How is her life going to change?   She had a teen, a son, and a husband that had addictions and did not love Jesus and as she rocked and cried, I remember distinctly when she looked at my friend and me and said, "I just want a family like you have "  And I sat there and wondered myself ...Oh Lord, HOW?

I think about Noah and how God spoke to him and asked him to build an ark.  I wonder if Noah asked, HOW?

I think about Mary as she saw the angel of the Lord  and did she say,  "HOW are you going to do this My Lord?"

I think about Esther and her story in the bible and in those  moments, when she saw Mordecai  in sack cloth and he said to her -- ( I am paraphrasing ) --  "Don't think you were not created for such a time as this....don't think that you will escape death too --   God will do what HE is going to do - but what are YOU going to do?"  She had not been called to see the King in over 30 days.  She had her position because of her beauty -- but that could not save her people.  Only God could.... 

And tonight I think about a very fine young man and his wife and how tomorrow a decision is going to be made.  I know that we bring about our own consequences when we  make  our choices, but I also know that we serve and are loved by a  Mighty Father, a Father  of second chances and that God searches our hearts and I believe HE wants to give us the desires of our heart! Tomorrow,   an event will transpire and several  have been in prayer with them  and for them for some time now,  and I wonder ...Lord, HOW are you going to fix or solve this...?  What will transpire?
 

And more example....

There are women and men reading this here and now -- they have come across this blog because a photo caught their eye, they know a person in this blog ...they know me... or the Lord has led them here and they to are facing a major crisis, a loss, or even some personal health problems and they are seeking God and wondering ...HOW?

And there are wives, alone this evening -- holding onto the belief  that their marriages can be restored because each and every moment they breathe - they call upon HIM to move a mountain -- but privately they ask,  "HOW?" .....I know, cause I pray with several of them on a routine basis.  HOW LORD?  


Let me share with you some words that Beth shared in this study ...

 We are not God.
We are not responsible. 
When we feel like Jr. god's... we feel responsible -- we are not.  

TRUST reverses the detours of adversity into the highways of destiny!  

TRUST reverses the detours of adversity into the highways of destiny! 

TRUST reverses the detours of adversity into the highways of destiny!

 

 


Trust...  Trust...  Trust!  

 The Lord knows how to" rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment".   ( 2 Peter 2.9) 

For He "knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust."   Psalm 103.14


We are human.
We are not God.
We are not responsible.

He calls us to be obedient.
He asks us to follow HIS Word.
He asks us to pray but then we TRUST....


I trust God.
God will do the HOW.

I will continue to pray and believe that the wives I currently meet with and pray with in counsel...will continue to see God's hand upon their lives and the lives of their blinded husbands.

I will remind them when they are faced with fear... to read Isaiah 49.16, "see I have engraved you on the palm of my hands".  

I will PRAISE God that my precious friend now has 7 children and is the foster mom of this young man whose life is forever changed because of the love she and her husband has shown him........ and  did you read that, she and her husband love and serve the Lord -- HOW  ?   GOD did it.

I will PRAISE God that I will see my nephew again - in heaven and tell you -- HOW have we walked this ...in the past 7 years.... in different ways and paths, but his mother and father will tell you -- GOD walked them through this -- God has walked my children through it and us.   God did the HOW.

I will PRAISE God that our visit today to Rebekah's church was a united visit --  my husband and me.  Our daughter and her husband joined us, as dear friends of Rebekah and her husband and this marriage, our marriage, ...this 'yuck' that Rebekah walked with Taylor through 5 years ago  and witnessed ...well, HOW did it happen?  God did it.

I will believe and thank God for Rebekah's miracle -- that when they run tests again in a few weeks -- the doctor's will be dumbfounded ...as that cancer is gone.  I know My Lord can do that.  I know HE will if that is HIS purpose and Will for Rebekah and her husband.  I believe Jared is going to play a major role within this healing....as the prayers of a husband for his wife as he calls upon the Power of the Holy Spirit residing in him.....will invoke a supernatural healing through Christ... God is going to get this glory within this and Jared will testify to many of his generation that -- marriage is God's design for a man and woman and God wants our young people to be obedient and not 'play around' that the institution of marriage is indeed - God's design.  Rebekah has access to all of the gifts God gave her and  Rebekah's faith is keeping her strong.  She has supernatural faith - that is a dynamic gift.  I believe God will heal her -  She knows that no matter what -- Jesus is with her.

All of us are only one breath away from heaven or hell.  When I look in Rebekah's eyes --  I see a fighter.  I believe God will heal her and I am going to beg HIM that it is on THIS side of heaven.  But, I  TRUST God ....God has faith in Rebekah -- that through her -- MANY will come to know the true relationship ....that HIS CROSS has to be enough.  But I also know, God will give Rebekah and Jared  the desires of their  hearts....  I trust God. 

And to my precious daughter and her husband...and to my precious Rebekah and her husband.....


"When, because of YOUR faith, your life too becomes perceptibly different: when YOUR reactions are quite opposite to what the situation seems to call for and YOUR activities can no longer be explained in terms of your personality:  that is when YOUR neighborhood will sit up and take notice.  In the eyes of the world, it is not our RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ that counts: it is our RESEMBLANCE to HIM!".     ( an excerpt from the Queen and I )  

To my precious daughter and her dear friend..both of you are experiencing a big day tomorrow -- and you know what --   God has the HOW.  Period.  Amen. 


















3 comments:

  1. You answered my questions this morning. TRUST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure needed to read this today! Thank you so much ...prayers for Rebekah and family!
    Lisa Jarriel

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!