Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Prayers -- Marriage -- and Happily Ever Endings... #12

BTW -- this may be a LONG one --  

In school, we are talking about WHY writers write.  I have been reading  the students books showing how words create images and then how authors use their written words to tell a story, send a message, and even right a wrong.  We use words  to teach, make another laugh, encourage....  so much in those letters that create words that create thoughts ..... So, anyway --

I started posting prayers for Marriage again -- as the Holy Spirit is asking me too.   

So, obediently I will  - write -- 

Lord, THIS is YOU ...not me......   

As I went to work the other day, I followed a cattle trailer.  In the back was a horse, all saddled up and ready for the day.  In the bottom of the trailer were  two dogs.  A taller, collie like one,  that had the coloring of a beagle.  And then a shorter one, dark,  probably black or brown.  As I just drove and listened to the music and allowed my thoughts to take over --- I noticed the beagle looking dog run back and forth from one side/edge of the trailer to the other.  This went on for several miles and I began to watch the dog.  I watched how she or he continued in the same manner - back and forth checking each side as if she could not see "it " in the 3 seconds before and  "it'" may of changed.  ...Or whatever she was watching.   Back and forth.  Repetition.  Back and forth.  A times she had to jump over the other dog just laying, but there was something this dog wanted to see or could not see...or was trying to see. 

It was kind of like I heard, "do you see it?"...."It's over there"....."No, did you see it?"....."It's over there." Just back and forth - such repetition. 

Then I heard the Holy Spirit say, "it's like people"....  And I thought -- How some of us continue in the same rut, in the same pattern back and forth and looking to see if something changed. 

Do I do that? 

Then, after 5-6 miles, I noticed the dog began to jump higher and began to bark.  Now the Holy Spirit and I are having a conversation. 

 I say:  "Lord, it's like when we are not getting the answers we want....or it seems the same, we begin to BARK louder...and jump higher". 

And  the Holy Spirit confirms in my spirit....  "with our prayers, when we don't think God is hearing us or seeing us -- do we get louder?  Do we change it up?   ....Or do we just give up? "
  

Spiritual inspiration from following behind a cow trailer and a cowboy and his dogs. 

I have been praying.
 I still believe that a husband's prayers over his wife will bring healing to a body with cancer -- SOON.   
I still believe that a marriage  ( which looks hopeless ) can be restored.
I still believe that a woman who loves her man so, must  let him go for the time being -- so he gets the HELP he needs.    And...that GOD will bring this marriage BACK together.  
I still believe an addict CAN overcome an addiction. 
I still believe that marriage is God's will -- and that families need to FIGHT for their family! 
I still believe that love covers a multitude of sins.  
I still believe that true  godly sorrow leads to repentance and forgiveness.  
So I guess at times.... my prayers get LOUDER...as I jump and bark and remind God -- hey..."answer".

I believe God wins!


Today, as I was scrolling FACEBOOK for a few moments, I came across some photos of a newly married couple.  They are pretty special.  You see, I first met the bride with she was about 30 inches tall ---she and her sister were in first grade.  I was in 3rd and I had to help in first grade for something.  She and her sister were/are twins and the sweetest - tiniest little kids I had ever seen.  They were identical and yet, I would pride myself on the fact that I could tell them apart.  Julie and Joanne.    Anyway, at recess, after school -- every once in a while-- their paths would cross mine and they were always in the cutest and matching outfits.  As we all grew older, they became close friends with my sister and well -- one of the best things I love about Facebook is catching up.  A few years ago, I noticed something .....   she was dating a man from our class.  I had no idea they had been high school and college sweeties -- but broke up after college.  And guess what -- reconnected some 15-20 years later... and got married a few weeks ago!    Happily Ever After. 

This blessed me so.  It just did. 

I am a  fighter.  I believe in marriage.  I believe God's will is for marriage to be held sacared.  Holy.  I know each and every person's story is different.  However, when it seems a marriage falls apart -- each of the partners  have to seek God, be accountable to God, and  that relationship with God  is what determines the outcome.

 I get it -- some marry too young.  Some marry for the wrong reasons -- but I still believe that what God joined together -- no man should tear it apart.  One of the hardest realizations I had to accept and recover from was the fact that -- some just marry cause 'THAT' is what was next. 

Within my relationship, I felt my husband was my prince charming.  In therapy, all of a sudden I was faced with questions or the knowledge of...."I was not his princess".    We probably just 'fell' into marriage cause THAT's what was next for us.   That particular therapy session took weeks for me to overcome.  I am being real.  That was HARD.  However,  God did a miracle within our hearts.   We are different people.  We don't have a 'better' marriage now, we have a different marriage.  And, I can say this with all honesty -- we each, love each other MORE now than we ever did back in '87 when we said I do.   THAT is indeed -- God.  Prayer.  A Miracle.  ....Happiness! 

I thank  God that I am not the judge and jury.  I would be in trouble.  I don't have to stand before God and give an account for the marriages I pray for.  

 I have been praying with a person for some time now, and she is battling many things.   She has done everything  and more  that the Lord has asked of her -- but when the safety of herself and her children are threatened -- then it is time to make some space between the husband and the wife.

 It certainly seems -- that there is a crisis.   There is and are situations where -- it certainly seems..... that free will will take over. 

  You can't WANT the marriage more than the other person.  You CAN'T change their free will  and you can't feel unsafe in your home.  When those types of circumstances happen, it certainly seems that God has 'released' you.  Even typing that word, I can see and feel the Holy Ghost shivers.  As, I realize that as I pray and counsel women -- I am responsible for what I say.  Therefore, I use God's words....and always seek for repentance, forgiveness, and restoration.   But I can't DO IT for them.  I also  believe this 'release' is honestly -- a very hard thing to nail down.

Our marriage was in a real crisis of faith for a long time and I wanted to give up - often -- but God never released me or told me it was OK.....   go ahead...you deserve better.  God was quiet.  I knew.  God had impressed upon my spirit what I was to do.  Being obedient brought forth rewards.

How long does one need to wait on a husband or a wife?   Truthfully --If God asked me to wait 10 years -- I would have to.  If God asked me to wait -- I would.  Good part about this -- is I am only accountable for what GOD asks me.    I don't have to fix another.  Amen.    

 As my husband and I pray for other couples, I often ask God - what next?  How?  And...I will pray as well -- "Lord, release me!".     That is the HARD part.  Usually, God will release me.  He clearly shows me that I have 'prayed' all I can and now....it is up to 'them'.  God has also just removed me from prayerful situations.   God also answers in a most dramatic way that I know that I know - they no longer need my prayers.   And, God reminds me ---  HE is big enough.    I said ALL of that -- cause, I would never want to mislead anyone.  I do believe that God can and will bring beauty out of any ashes - when we SEEK HIM. 

So tonight,  back to my FACEBOOK story, I  just was tickled -- as I came across the beautiful wedding picture of my sweet 'twin' from so many years ago and to see the happiness within her smile.  Her husband is pretty cool too.  He was a twin -- funny - right?   He was a childhood pal of my husband.  Small world.  God does bring beauty  out of ashes.      I believe tonight, God was just reminding me ....NOT to give up.  To continue to pray -- to continue to believe....to continue doing WHAT HE asks of me -- as the reward will come in heaven. 
Mr. and Mrs. Fisher

The girls...see her twin sister  ?

The brides parents -- Married many years!  
                                                  

So there you have it -- my thoughts today. 
God created marriage, I believe in HIS plan and HIS design.  Marriage teaches you patience, endurance and it can be the most blessed thing -- to share a life.  As I believe that two become ONE. 

Today's prayers for marriage  - we are  to seek HIM. 


Lord,  You already know the couples we are praying for and their specific needs.  Lord, YOU see and know -- I ask that you would just touch each and every wife and husband that both Brendan and I have been speaking with, ministering too, and praying for.  Lord,  they are YOURS.  We only encourage, pray and share 'what works' for us -- when YOU ask us to share.  Lord, the burden of these women -- at times OVERWHELM me.    BUT...the shoulders are YOURS and I don't have to bear the burden -- YOU do.    Lord, be with - conquer and shower them all -- with peace.  God that each and every one of them SEEKS YOU. Period.  In Jesus name.  

Lord,  I pray that anyone reading this -- would indeed hold marriage as Holy as You do.  Lord, I pray that both the men and women who read this - if married, will seek you more and place You at the center and top of their marriage.  Lord, for the ones reading this that are not married yet -- God, that they would realize and know -- this is nothing to do on a whim.  

Lord, for the newly married -- that they grab a hold of YOUR Word and use it - as the RIGHT words to judge everything by.  

Lord, for the couple I featured today via the photos.  Lord, I thank them for letting me share a bit of their story, but also -- I pray a GREAT blessing upon them through YOU as they blend two families together and enjoy the 2nd part of their union.  Lord, bless them in a mighty way.  

Lord, for the couple that has been married a LONG time and is not happy - God -- that they would be, but that they would not be like that collie dog in the back of the trailer and just go back and forth -- that they would seek something NEW...not a new person, but the right counsel and therapy and do something different or change .....but BARK louder Lord and seek.  

Lord, for YOUR will to be done.  

Lord, for that one marriage where he believes another is 'better'.  Lord -- I fuss -- NO!  
Lord, for the one marriage where she believes another is 'better'.  Lord -- I fuss - NO!  
Lord, for the children involved -- Lord, for the hurting family -- Lord.... for them all. 
Lord, for the marriage that Satan is trying to pull apart -- cause of unmet expectations -- show them both.  And Lord, for the marriage that is to come....   for the one waiting on YOU.  

As I said, the burden can be overwhelming.  Lord, thank you again for the 'easy' ones...the ones seeking you after forgiveness and a realization that pride came between them.  And Lord, thank you for the ones that just continue to HOLD on to YOUR promises....  may they see the goodness in this land of the living...  In Jesus' perfect and strong name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!