Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Escaping.....


There are 43 days left of school and I am counting down -- I want to ESCAPE.  Especially now that I have a new house and I just want to spend my extra time there - getting it to feel like our home! 

I did a study once a few years ago called "THE GREAT ESCAPE".  It was a Beth Moore Study. 


 Per Beth Moore:  "The GREAT Escape is so GREAT, so great that ONLY God could accomplish it" and THAT is what transpired. 

 I

  The GREAT Escape is so GREAT, so great that ONLY God could accomplish it! 

In church a while ago,  one of my pastor's asked us all to stop and pray as he read out of Isa. 35-- he felt the Lord, was impressing upon him to remind everyone that this 'season' of a dry spell can be over -- to seek God and stand with him and pray.

I actually sat -- as I was refreshed...my dry season had been refreshed and replaced with joy and hope but as I could feel everyone around me stand, I could hear the HS quickly remind me to stand --


Psalm 124: 1-8 
 If it has not been the LORD who was on our side --- let Israel now say -- If it has not been the LORD who was on our side when people rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us: then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us;  then over us would have gone the raging waters.  Blessed be the LORD< who has not given us as prey to their teeth!  We have escaped like a bird from the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we have escaped!  Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Beth's main teaching points were:  

1.  God's will for my life -- has a slick and deceptive counterfeit.  ( Satan is the accuser! )
The devil is REAL.    If you don't acknowledge that the enemy is doing anything and everything to KILL you -- you are like a  bird - trapped in a cage.

2.   A trap is ANY place where we are captive to the enemy's will.  ( We can be God's people and STILL be used by the enemy's will. )   We can be of GREAT use to the enemy when we are held captive ....  Don't you wish to be set free?

3.  Satan will settle for our USELESSNESS...but he prefers to put us to use.  (Satan is the GREAT accuser and when he uses us to accuse the body -- or another....we are being used!)

4.  We are  a great use to the Accuser when we assist with accusation.
Accusation is behind the back.... Confrontation is face to face!
Accusation fights against ...Confrontation fights for!
Accusing is counterfeit for authority!

Accusing FEELS good when WE feel bad!!!!!    ( OH my - this one HURT....) 
Confrontation is biblical but accusation is NOT!  
Accusation is contagious.....

5.   The Accuser's focused target is ANY child of God!   (But God is on my side!)

6.  Unresolved arguments,  merge with east onto the road of accusation!
( Give NO place to the devil.)

7.  We have the divine right to RECLAIM our belongings in Christ.  ( God wins!  WE win.)

and

8.  The GOD of Peace will soon crush Satan under your feet!  ( Romans 16.20)

If the Lord had not been on my side.....


----this could of or maybe would of been  my testimony:  

I would of eventually found love - probably in another man ( maybe even married man), I would of continued to numb my pain with alcohol and I would of ignored the call on my life to teach and lead others to My Savior. I would be divorced and bitter.   I would of allowed the enemy to win and my children would of suffered and I know I would probably be compromising everything.  I am in awe and honored that God allowed a struggling marriage to open my eyes to HIS word and that HIS Word became alive and active within me that I began to seek counsel and a consistent prayer life....which built up my inner man ( woman)  so that when God allowed a 'sifting like wheat'  I was assured of my identity in Christ and thus began a journey of more prayer, seeking, forgiveness, redemption, restoration, and then healing so that ....God won. 

 If it would of not been for the LORD on my side ....I would not of come to my senses to escape the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.  ( 2 Tim 2. 26)  Again, I am in awe and honor that what the enemy tried to kill and destroy - thrives in a marriage that is founded and sustained on HIM and that together, with my husband, -- we can live the life HE called us to.  amen.  
   Lord, -- for the one reading this -- that she may experience a GREAT ESCAPE and SOON!  

IN Jesus name - amen.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!