Thursday, November 19, 2015

Prayers for a marriage #13

Tonight was church - worship was awesome. I love singing so loud and hard that I loose my voice.  I know the people sitting next to me would rather me sing softly -- but I can't help it.  Sometimes I think  the louder I sing, the better chance I have to actually matching the tune!   I am not tone deaf, but I don't sound pretty.

Anyway, as the holiday season approaches I know many people just 'allow' and 'deal' with their marriage even though they are hurting - cause they don't want o hurt their kids.    I realize that during the holiday season - there are more overdoses, more suicides, and more struggles.     Keeping a marriage together 'for the kids' is probably not a good idea; and yet, I think I want to personally hug and thank each and every marriage that DID stay together --- those people lived in a time era that is very different from today.  I believe that most of them finally did come to love their spouse or even God gave them another.    However, this holiday can also be the most special.

Like maybe.... there is a new birth to celebrate.  Or a pregnancy.....or even an adoption!!  ! 
Or, YOU are newly married.

Whether it is to celebrate or to find happiness for a sad heart --   today's prayer is focused on our purpose -- for God.  





Lord God -- You created us and we are for Your purpose - in a sense - we are married to You.
Today as Your word says, You make mercies NEW each morning - but I am thinking that there are many hurting and can't see the NEW mercies.
Lord, my heart feels for them  - ONLY You can fill that void or comfort that hurt.


Lord I pray that today -  that they might not look on the hurt or be reminded of the pain - but that they would think and ponder about YOU today Lord -- how Mary and Joseph were traveling and as it got dark, they knew they had to find shelter. 


Lord, I pray that they think about trying to find that shelter and how YOU answered that simple prayer to find a spot - even in a manger.
Lord, I pray they will think about ALL that Mary and Joseph probably felt - wonder, anxiety, and maybe the all knowing feeling that they were witness to God's son....

Lord, I pray that they will take the time today - to really focus on You, to thank you for WHAT they can be grateful for and what is good right now.


Lord, I pray they will SEEK you and believe that with You - they can do all things.
Lord, I pray for the families that I have been holding up to You in prayer --God it seems like these prayers are 'not' working -- but I KNOW You are. 


Lord - comfort like only You can.  Lord, I pray they enjoy YOU instead of their hurt today --- help them to do that......and if the pain is JUST too hard --- then,  I pray they would read Your word and remember what You did. 

 

And Lord, that each and every couple reading this would understand their purpose -- to glorify you.  

 Amen.  


Isaiah 53. 4-6

Yet it was our weaknesses he carried: it was our sorrows that weighted him down.  And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment fro his own sins! But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.  He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God's path to follow our own. yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.

.Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!