Sunday, November 15, 2015

I think it is National Marriage Week......Prayers for a Marriage #10

Earlier this week, several posted that this week was 'National Husband and Wife Week'.  And there was a status to post -- that if your husband or wife had been your best friend...your confident....and your biggest supporter to copy, cut, and paste the photo/poster and proclaim the goodness.


I can tell you, that for the 4-5 years in which my marriage was in a major crisis -- I would look at each person's post and  think....."that is fake"... or " what a bragger"....or it would just make me cry cause I could not post the corney photo or status.

In the past several years now, there have been some photo/posters that I could share and proclaim about my husband - but his wishes are NOT to be included in Social Media.   I respect that and smile .....  but often secretly wish he could/would post it about me!!

Am I his best friend?  His biggest supporter?

I saw the photo/poster this evening and thought -- marriage is between two imperfect people  --  but when one does give up on the other ----- it hurts.

I have learned several great lessons in the past several years...but no matter what --  God has to be a part of our lives and the life of our marriage.  We are imperfect and need God so desperately.

God has to be our everything -- I have to remind myself often to 'take my husband off the hook', I have placed him on ---

Here is a photo of that actual post:  




If your marriage is strong enough that you can post that status - praise God.  There is a still a little superstition in me once in a great while that when you post something like this....just wait... as the 'other shoe will fall'.    Is that being pessimistic ? 

In the past few months, as  I have been looking at the prayers for a marriage I posted  a few years ago and updating them or using them ... I have been watching and looking at many married couples.  Ones that I know well...ones that I only watch from afar.  Couples that I used to socialize with  or had constant  contact...and others....   just watching and being prayerful at times. 

I wonder - can they be that happy? 
Are they seeking God? 
How is their prayer life? 

And I stop and reflect and take it all to God. 

It is a miracle if you have a solid marriage. 
It is a miracle if it has escaped a major crisis of faith. 
It is a miracle if it has endured a crisis of faith.......and still you can look at each other and say, " I love you". 

However, there are many hurting marriages out there -- close and far. 
Many have been married MANY years and still...don't see the real intention of marriage. 

However, I believe  there is HOPE. 

Tonight, I will let you in on my prayers ..... for me and for several around me....  I won't get into to much detail, I guess if you are reading this -- you will see that the words we use are NOT that important -- it is the getting before God and seeking HIM and voicing our concerns and our prayers to HIM.  As the one in me.... is the intercessor -- HE knows. 


Lord, I come tonight with a heavy heart - you know this has not been a good week.  Lord, the enemy continues to steal -- and Lord, I pray he won't win.  Lord, for the wife who just lost her husband moments ago -- may Your comfort be what she needs.  Lord, for the ride this eve with my man - thank you for the knowledge of our miracle, but as we talked and prayed for several other couples...God, we don't want them to separate nor divorce...we want them to seek YOU.  Lord, for the one whose eyes are literally  - closed and clouded.  Lord, for the one who is finally coming clean to his wife about his true feelings and the hurt from addictions...that YOUR help and professional help would move him from a feeling of defeat to - being a person that can lead other men...Lord, for the one whose heart is so hard -- God, protect him but WAKE him up -- does he not see -- ??  Lord, for the wife that now needs a place to live, protect her, help her -- provide the finances.  Lord, for the couple seeking You and beginning again -- that You will make their transition complete.  Lord, for the couple having to watch their child be operated on tomorrow - God, this is life changing stuff..... Lord, for the couple fighting cancer together -- God -- for the 'famous' ones and for the not so famous ones... Lord, I believe in healing and know You will... would You do it on THIS side of heaven, please?  Lord, for the ones still married but not being obedient to YOU...Lord for the ones that are pushing the word 'grace'...   Lord, for the ones that are just skating along....thinking everything is OK... God -- that they would OPEN up and see.....THEY need YOU.  Lord for the hurting wife this night, who claimed victory for her man today -- Lord speak and show.  Lord, for the ones walking into a new journey with a child.... God direct.  Lord, for the wives...for the children... for the men.   Lord, for the prideful ones...including me...  that seems to think ..."I have got it covered" and then....fall flat.  Lord, for the hurting ones this eve.... Lord, for the ones trying to walk through this life with YOU in the forefront...but they are growing weary.  Lord... I am overwhelmed this eve...

It is too much --   I can't remember them all.  I wanted to write so much more....   But.. YOU are sovereign and Your providence is true.   Cover them.   Cover me.  Help me.  Lord, that the enemy would not steal...or cause one ounce of doubt.  Lord, as we get closer to this Encounter Weekend, may all those women signed up -- just BE there --cover every part of the prep - the weekend - do the work - I am tired, overwhelmed but know that I know -- YOU will provide.  Provision Lord, - I thank you.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!