Sunday, November 1, 2015

Prayers for a Marriage #4

Scripture really is LIFE.  I heard that thousands of time.  I sat in church most of my life and heard the man or woman preaching and thought...really?  It really was not until some sort of tragedy or sadness when it sort of made sense.

I drifted for so long - thinking I knew it-- thinking I had it figured it out!

My dear friend said something to me yesterday..."I was sleep walking for so much of my Christian life"....  and that statement makes complete sense.

 I believe God is so gracious cause HE knew I had no clue but still allowed me to live and claim HIM mine.  But finally one day -- there came a time when the hurt was just so HARD.  And there came a time when I really wanted to be TRANSPORTED to heaven - immediately.  I DID not want to live any longer.

I would not of ...nor did I think of taking my life....but - I WANTED to be gone.

Sometimes the hurt is THAT bad.  I don't claim to have  suffered the 'worst' hurt...I would never compare my hurts to another - we all have different points at which we want out - we all have different demons and we are all at different places.  But - in those times, when we SEEK HIM...HE comes and HIS word is life.

That is all - won't elaborate too much on this -- it is God's word that is praying today.

This is a prayer that I have posted on  my computer.  The Catholic in me takes comfort in repeating a prayer -- HIS words.  I can adjust this prayer to meet ANY type of prayer request.

I challenge you -- if you are in a difficult marriage, if that BOMB has dropped and you are at the lowest part within your own life...even if it has NOTHING to do with your spouse...speak God's word into your heart and thoughts....mediate on it.  Allow it to breathe new HOPE and life into you -- HE longs to speak to you personally.

Fill in the blanks with YOUR name....put your spouse's name in there or a loved one.  If Salvation is needed for that loved one -- this is a prayer for that too.

Lord, I pray that as I continue to share a prayer each day for the beauty of marriage...for the enduring power of marriage...for just the pure reason that YOU created marriage...God I pray this is reaching EXACTLY whom You have drawn  here -- to this blog.  God, empty me of me...this is not about me...but an expression of YOU...I want to be used ... I want to reach YOUR people like other women reached me via written word and expression -- may their lives change like mine did.  But it has to be all of you -- amen.  Thank you Lord,  humbly  - Michelle



Lord,  this prayer is for _________ and me.  I have not stopped thanking you  God for ____________________,   . . . I pray for them  constantly, 17 asking  you God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give ___________  spiritual wisdom[f] and insight so that he/she   might grow in the  knowledge of  YOU, God. 18 I pray that his/her  heart will be flooded with light so that he/she can understand the confident hope YOU have given to those you  call—MY  holy people who are rich and in  glorious inheritance.[g] 19 I also pray that ___________ will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. 21 Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. 22 God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. 23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with him.  Lord, may __________  be a part of that body, may he/she  understand that he/she  is loved.
Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!