Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Prayers for a Marriage #5 and my honest confession.....



I used to put people first.
I used to put everything else first...my job...my students...my kids...my computer time...my bible study...

But now...I put God first and my husband 2nd.

However, this social media can creep up into my life -- as I use it for ministry - connecting and reading what my sister's in Christ share and there is SO much you can tell in a FB post.

Then I have to remember -- if I did not have FB -- what would I of used to get the info?  I would of made a phone call or made a visit.  I know one benefit is that I would not have the time to see and meet everyone that does come into my path without some sort of shortcut...via a computer and typewriter ......I still write and send cards, but have you seen my handwriting lately???  

There has to be proper order and even though I love a tidy house and my 'family' has to be fed.....I really try to keep the RIGHT order. Actually my family is now gone....we are empty nest- ers.  Feeding my family consists of feeding my man..... and usually he is the one making supper. 

Being a wife and keeping the RIGHT order is HARD.



So, keeping a RIGHT order in a marriage is hard but the right thing.  A few days ago the Holy Spirit wrote a post about how it was hard being a woman.   Within the middle of it -- was a sharing of my testimony but also ....it was about a girl and her husband.  I noticed this morning it was 'hit' by 475 people.  That does not mean that 475 read the 'gospel' according to Michelle....I realize that not everyone will read the entire blog...but 475 or at least maybe 200 ...as many will come back to the blog and look at it again or finish reading it and the computer does count that ......but that is not my point -- my point is this ...

Right away the enemy says to me, "see....they are listening to you and you claimed healing for that girl....what are you going to do now?".

Do you hear the enemy's lies in that -- casting doubt? 

Satan is a liar -- I will tell him how I am going to handle it -- read today's prayer for marriage.....

And, I pray this blog or any blog that you allow the time to read...uplifts...helps...and points you to the Cross -- as that is what it is all about...HIM...Dying on that Cross.  Period.  End of story.

BTW...Rebekah and Jared know this -- and they believe their testimony of marriage and their walk in this cancer journey...is not about 'them'....it is about you...and how their lives resemble Jesus.   She is already a walking miracle.....and we are believing for MIRACLE #4.  That is what #gofor4 means....that God would heal her a 4th time.  Period. 


GOD, I pray that these couples will place you first - that they will WANT so much of you that they empty themselves of themselves and fill themselves with you ...as only then with YOU  in them...can they begin to look at their spouse....and think that things could change....and think that the present crisis could be turned into something GOOD....


And Lord, right now -- within one couple --   I am afraid they are just beyond wanting to seek you for help - change that.  


And Lord, for that 2nd couple....God with their small kids and this holiday  season and with moving - I pray they both can just believe that YOU are working within them...and that as they work to heal themselves...they will TRUST YOU  and seek counsel.  Lord, for his job...for her schooling, for the boys.  Lord, bring them back to their home - in YOUR time.  May they return fully restored and different -- different in YOU.  Lord, as they find a church home within their circle there in Texas...  Lord, take over. 


And Lord for another couple ...I want YOUR glory shown -- in  both of them.  They need a direct miracle -- they need answers, they need YOUR divine provision and they need -- to come clean to each other -- but first Lord, they need to come clean to themselves..... but I also believed that I was 'clean' before you -- and I was SO SO so so so wrong -- reveal in YOUR time....I know you won't be mocked -- bring forth every truth that eyes would be opened -- in Jesus name....


And Lord, this other couple -she has fought so hard.  She has stood in the gap and she has grieved....rejoiced...and continued.  She has a hard battle in front of her as she knows, he needs more help than a simple smile and support.  The strongholds of addiction have taken their toll....and her family is worn and tired.  Lord, I ask as we prayed together recently...that you would act divinely and get him to the right place to detox and .....get clean.  Period.   Lord,  I know you won't act OVER our free will...so may his will and heart change today ...may he truly realize that YOU are the only freedom  from this.  IN Jesus name. 


God for those couples - help me not to judge but it certainly appears that you are not first within their hearts...I don't want to see the enemy get any glory -- maybe all seems well between them because  they are not a threat to the enemy...God I pray that their eyes would open....





  Lord, for the husband and his wife, that his prayers over her - asking to heal her body through the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ...Lord, THAT prayer...those words...may they be used by YOU to bring more glory to YOU.....that those around them will sit up and take notice how important marriage is and that it is something YOU commissioned .  It is a union between man and woman.  Lord, he is on board - his faith is great...as he walks this along side his wife ..it is 1/2 of him too...as that is what a man and wife are .....ONE before YOU.  May THAT be the prayer -- that all who come to know them...to see them...to pray for them....realize that in marriage -- TWO become ONE.    Lord, that all of us would be worthy of being YOUR bride...

 

 

And for the ones hurting.... overwhelmed...maybe thinking ...HOW LORD...will you do this... as I said in the previous post -- God does the HOW.  Lord, watch over them protect this young marriage and may they walk as well...not showing your relationship with YOU ...but resembling YOU in such a way -- that it only can be attributed to YOU Lord.  


And Lord for us....God that I would always have BP 2nd after you...and not allow this 'blog ministry' or my kids...or whatever come in between us again.   But also...as I am leading and preparing with YOU a group of women to attend this next God Encounter Weekend....  that it won't take over.  It won't bring forth resentment.  Lord... so quickly the Enemy wants to attack... remind me that ..."how on earth can you claim a healing..."......"how on earth, do you think you are something so special ...that you can awake one morning and just tell a husband to pray over his wife and she will be healed?".... Lord, I bind those thoughts....as Lord, I do believe You awoke me to remind a husband to pray over his wife.  Lord, I believe YOU began the healing within her ...while her family and church family gathered around her....Lord, I believe YOU began the healing...when she got the news and she cried out to You.  Lord,  YOU will heal her and we know - it may be in heaven.  We realize that ...or I do ... but I believe that You will use their testimony as man and wife...to tell the world...that praying for a marriage...praying for a wife...prayer for my husband...is POWER and biblical... Lord,  I pray that -- we ..my own husband and I would pray more together -- I know it is one of the ways the enemy was allowed to get into our marriage.... cause we  went to bed angry..... and without seeking YOU in each and every circumstance.  However ..that is our past Lord.  Thank you for healing the past.  Praise You Lord, that if 475 read this or only 1.....I am honestly coming before you through this social media... and I believe that YOU will win in each of these marriages....that I am thinking of specifically...but also for those marriages that just read this blog and it 'fits' them.  And I believe that winning may not come...until obedience to Your Word -- but I can wait on that too -- I won't give up on those couples until you release them from my burdened  heart.  

 

Lord, one more prayer -- or statement - I LOVE you Lord ..more than any blog or ...whatever -- use this Lord or keep me quiet -- I do want to resemble you -- in each and every way. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!