Thursday, November 19, 2015

Desperate Prayers #14

I need to be asleep.  And my husband keeps our cottage at about 70 degrees -- so I am sitting here freezing and wanting to sleep, but my mind is busy. 

This is normal. 

The weekend is close,  I will have a WHOLE week off and there is some pretty cool stuff happening within the next few weeks...so as I said, my mind is racing and I can't sleep. 

So I write. 

Well, I pray too - watch mindless TV, got up and danced to a Janet Jackson old video and read ...and look at scripture and then I write again...  

That is "normal".  But before I go to bed -- I felt I was to share something. 

My Desperate Prayers this evening...it is not that I am desperate -- it is that ...these are STRONG prayers that do not seem to be....

well, there does not need to be a "yes",  "no", or  "not yet"..... it is cause we are waiting.  

But, God is good -- and, these prayers are being said and I know they are being heard.  I will trust God's answering them in HIS time.  I will trust that someone reading this is struggling with prayer and its purpose and as they read this -- they will see, that prayer is just speaking from the heart to God -- it is a two way dialogue when I give God the time to reply.  


Lord,  tonight there is one in tears -- cause a divorce was declared.  Another waits for a child to return home.  In still another home, there is a little boy that is craving attention and love from a mother that does not seem to know HOW to give it.  

Lord, tonight there is one in tears -- she remembers her son and his shortened life.  Another waits for a husband that has not texted, called, or  been present in weeks.  And in still another home, there is a wife that has tried and tried , she is tired, she has been cheated on, walked on and she is just tired and wants to give up.  

Lord, tonight there is a man in a hospital bed, fighting for life.  Another waits for her husband to just get home from his deployment, and still another took a chemo pill this evening, holding onto the hope that YOU will heal her on this side of heaven.  

Lord, tonight there is a daughter that is so confused, she wants her family but can't see the light ahead so she will just 'accept' the norm and watch her parents divorce even though she wants to BOLT and shake them both up.  Another one, is lonely and awaiting the husband You promised her.  And still in another home, there is a teacher that believes she is not making a difference and she struggles each day - wondering if it will ever get better.  

Lord, tonight there is a mom and grand mom that does not see the 'good' at the moment, but hopes...it is coming.  Lord, there is new father  that is struggling in how to walk this new role as a father and a husband when the child does not live in his home.  And still another, is trying her best to remind her child there is good in the world even though he continues to see the strife on TV and wants answers.  

Lord, tonight there is one who is trying to raise her own children alone and she has taken on the responsibility of another, hold her.  In another home, there is one packing for a trip to Haiti and her new 'housemates' are just getting used to the idea of a new home....hold them.  And still in another home, there is a set of parents trying to help a daughter and her children overcome the sting of divorce and the fact that the 'dad' just walked out.  

And for the one that got the news this eve of a cancer diagnosis...  

Lord, your word says -- draw close to me and I will draw close to you -- 
Draw close to each of them. 

Lord, this is too much of a list.......
Handle it.  
I release all of the prayers and the ones I did not post...as they are too personal and/or they just would not make sense.

Lord, all I can say is Praise You.
Praise You.  
Thank You Jesus for that cross and the blood that we plead over all these requests. 
Lord, that my prayers would bring change....for the ones that are very close and personal and for the ones that are 'hypothetical'...............



Lord, for this upcoming holiday - Thanksgiving.  

Lord, that inspite of all the yuck...that each and every person involved within these prayers  -- have HOPE in you and SEEK YOU and believe that -- indeed, YOU will recuse, love, and move the mountains...answer the calls...and provide.  IN Jesus name.  

amen 


Lord, I am thankful for all trials - they bring me closer to you. 
Lord, I am so thankful for all the tears...they were never in vain.
Lord, I am thankful for the opportunity to pray -- as it blesses me that others believe 'my prayers' are powerful.  Lord, I am thankful that one day those people will realize YOUR power if for everyone!  
Lord, I am thankful for a home - our cottage.  
Lord, I am thankful for the upcoming blessings  - a week off, R and R with my man, and the upcoming Encounter...  God - do it.  
Lord, I am so thankful for Sweet Pea. 
Lord, I am thankful for my children and my new son in love...
Lord, I am so thankful for my man - who when I awake with a spirit of 'gloom and doom'...he stops and prays over me and ....covers me.  
Lord, I am so thankful for the women I serve with. 
Lord, I am thankful for mindless TV.
Lord, I am thankful for being a teacher --   

God -- if I don't ever write another blog -- I am thankful.  
Lord, use this...may it not be mindless and random drabble...but may it show YOUR grace.  

BTW Lord, I know that is the next 'deeper' meaning... Your grace -- forgive me Lord.  
amen. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!