Monday, October 8, 2018

Beloved You are loved. Prayers about being offended. Prayer #7

It has been several days since I posted a prayer. 

 As usual, I am waiting on God to post but I have not forgotten my dear sweet pal  -- as I stated and told her, I am committed to prayer for 40 days and I daily go before Jesus and just thank Him for her healing and the good that is coming her way.   She is 'waiting' to see the healing that is coming physically but there is an emotional need that I believe God is healing as well.    

I love this sister in Christ - she makes me laugh and she teaches me much!   She isn't the topic of this blog tonight -- I am.  

Today -- 

-- today, my heart needed some healing.  Something was posted and it was a direct hit.  Truth be told -- I never saw the post.  A mutual pal  told me of it.   RIGHT there, I should of just STOPPED and never even looked at the post..... 

Considering some recent events and circumstances, I went to this person's  page and read and looked and ya... probably her post is connected to a recent event that  was within my surroundings.   

 However, as I was thinking - I came across this:  



I believe she was upset.  We all get upset.   I was  upset with her right at that  moment, but in reality I don't have to excuse or explain.  Again, if social media were not so prevalent -- I never would of even known what her post stated.    

But quickly -- the enemy wants us to take offense.  


Luke 17.1 It is impossible that no offenses should come.  


Satan, you are the enemy of my soul, and I refuse to allow you to ensnare me in your hidden and baited trap of offense against my brothers and sisters in Christ. 
   ( declaration, pg. 3 of The Bait of Satan by John Bevere)


But what happens when it does happen?

You get offended -- by someone you are trying to help, by someone you are trying to love, by  someone who knows exactly HOW to hit the right buttons within your heart and head. 

David stated in Psalm 55: 12-14 -- "for it  is not an enemy who reproaches me: then I could bear it.  Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me: then I could hide from him.  But it was you, a man of my equal, my companion and my acquaintance.  We took sweet counsel together, and walked to the house of God in the throng."   


Offended -- by the one we are trying to help.
Offended -- by the one we sing along side of.
Offended -- by the one we spend holidays with.
Offended -- by the one we grew up with.
Offended -- by the one we sleep next too.

Offended.




Why?? 

Because we are weak people....
We fail.... 

The trick is ... or really the mature thinking in me --  is to  allow this offense to be placed at the cross. 

 Ex. 14.14 is one of my favorite's. 
 The Lord will fight for me, I need only be still.  



Lord -- I refuse to be trapped when the enemy's bait of offense tries to ensnare me in its grip by filling my heart with bitterness, jealousy, or envy -- but especially anger.   Your Word says in Luke 17 that -- the enemy will try - but, we, I can stand against it!    

Holy Spirit, destroy every shred of pride in my life, and do not allow it to keep me from being healed, set free, and filled with Your Power.  I am committed to helping unbelievers who have been blinded by the enemy to behold Jesus through my Christlike love for them and even when it seems that my actions or the actions of my husband don't seem to LINE up with what another expects... we seek YOU and YOUR divine help.   

Holy Spirit, be my teacher and my counselor so that Your revealed Word will continue to bring great liberty to my life and this blog ministry -- and the ministry You have placed into my hands with Women's Encounters.  

Father, I want to continue to always grow into a more intimate relationship with You -- expose the areas of my life that hinder me from being Christlike and cause my life to reflect the character of my precious Savior  and Lord.  
  

Holy Spirit, anoint my eyes with eye salve that I may see my true heart condition, and be kept from deception through unforgiveness, anger, envy and resentment -- but also -- help me see this in others and USE me to help share Your love.  As I know -- You love them as much as You love me and want them in Your eternal Kingdom as well...IN Jesus's Holy and Strong Name -- AMEN! 

1 comment:

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!