Saturday, October 20, 2018

Beloved, Time spent and mundane things. Blogged prayer #25

Beloved,  "time" is the inspiration of this blog today.  

It is Saturday and with work to do, a wedding to enjoy, and some housework that needs attending -- 

where is the EXTRA time I need? 

In sitting with God this am, doing my bible study -- 

I was severely convicted.  This past week -- I allowed the busy-ness of this season to hold me captive.  

Oh, I enjoyed family -- 
I neglected the laundry -- but I also allowed my busy-ness to control my thoughts.  Instead of sinking my teeth into God's Word --- mindless TV took over.  

I could make EVERY excuse so I feel a bit better inside, but the truth is the truth. 

 Reality.  



So -- instead of making excuses, I fall back to my journal and just remind myself through prayer that God knows my heart, His grace and mercy is everlasting and I simply state -- Lord, help me.  




So, Beloved -- my sister in Christ -- 

Has this been you?   Have you allowed the busy-ness of this world to sidetrack you?

  I was reading a script from a podcast given by John Bevere where he stated, "Christians today spend more time reading blogs and being on social media than actually reading God's Word".  

                                   And well .... there it was .....conviction.  

So, let's pray together -- 

Lord, forgive me -- I know that I know you have -- and I know that you know exactly how much time I wasted this past week.  Lord, ONLY YOU can inspired and create in me that hunger and thirst for MORE of YOU and I ask for a BIG fresh dose.  Lord, I know I prayed and praised, but my mind and head do crave MORE of You.  Help me to see this weekend -- exactly WHAT can be cut out and WHAT can be delayed or forgotten.  

Lord, I also know YOU can meet us in the most MUNDANE things.  Lord, for the many young mothers and wives that can only find 10 minutes to get into their word because of jobs, family, and life -- I pray those 10 minutes would be revelation.  


Lord, for the newly ignited women who are trying their best to soak you up and are intimidated by Your Word ....believing that it is hard to understand and read -- I rebuke that.  I pray there are others around them that would help mentor and they would see that spending time in Your Word does bring fruit.  

Lord, for those older women who are getting caught up in the political scene of late -- may their voices be heard but not at the 'loss' of You.    ( This includes me.) 

Lord, for those women that read my blogs -- would you bless them for taking the time to read 'better stuff' but also that their hunger for Your Word would increase.  

Lord, for the one that began this series...  she is on my heart daily -- I pray for her health and heart head that the 'flummoxing' is decreasing...that her time with family reminds her of Your faithfulness and that the present physical condition is healed.  

Lord, that these blogs don't take p residence over my TIME with YOU.  Goodness Lord, I only want to hear -- "well done my faithful servant".... again Lord, forgive me -- IJN Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!