Monday, October 8, 2018

Beloved, Promises to believe and FB fighting. Blogged prayer #9.

Luke 1.45 
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill HIS promises to her. 

As a little girl - I had many beliefs in things and  I believed God had promised me many good things as well.  I was going to marry the man of my dreams and I would live happily ever after. 

I still believe in that - and I did marry the man of my dreams and we are living pretty well... enjoying God's grace and our children and grand kids.  But... 

In the past two weeks there has been MUCH on FB and social media about the choice for the next Supreme Court Justice and the President's  nomination.  If you watched FB or social media - the mud slinging back and forth was very real.  Heck, it was in the news each day.  

One belief I do have is that a baby is conceived the moment of conception and that is a real life.  

Therefore, I am pro life, not pro choice.  And I vote  because of a personal belief that we as a nation of people have murdered over 60,069,971 babies since Roe vs. Wade in 1973.

There will be a day of reckoning for this.  There just will. 

 Back to the Kavanaugh 'stuff'.  I even noticed  the debate  between family members.  My family members.  And it was very hard to read and witness.    I wanted to yell and scream.   But what I would of screamed is this ..... read, pray, watch and then think....   if we are in turn with our bibles and God's Kingdom calendar, don't you see the timing of this all?    

If you watched Senator Susan Collins and her speech in the Senate -- you can see a real clear picture that from the moment Mr. Kavanaugh's nomination was posted -- all hell broke loose.  

To me personally -- this is a man who will stand for  life and I believe the enemy wanted to make sure his reign was a little longer.  

I do think and feel Mr. Kavanaugh  was treated unfairly.   I am not sure if I  believe Dr. Ford.  I think she probably was violated, but my head could not settle that it was Mr. Kavanaugh.  There was too much confusion.  I do believe she was used as a pawn.  

I think it was evident how 'spilt' we are as a nation politically -- with the 51-49 vote to confirm the Judge.  But also ... it really seems that we are split with God's Word as well.  

THAT is really a whole other thing -- and THAT is scary.  Jesus come quickly -- many do not know what they stand for -- so they will fall for much.  

So, back to God's promises ..... 

What can be said about God's promises to us?

He has promised to supply every need we have. The Bible says: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". That's Phillipians 4:19. Now notice, God has obligated Himself only to the extent of our needs. That would include food, clothing, shelter, companionship, love, and salvation thru Jesus Christ. It would not include the multiplicity of luxuries that we have come to think of as needs.

So, as I pray for my sister in Christ - I know that God is going to supply all your needs.  To the one trying to figure out HOW to pay the light bill to the one sister that is trying to believe that she has value and worth ....GOD will supply that.  

God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us. (II Corinthians 12:9). in fact, He has made provision for our salvation by His grace through faith. Read Ephesians 2:8. It is through an obedient faith hat we have access into the grace of God according to Romans 5:2.

So, as I pray for my sister in Christ -- I also include those that were so stressed and frustrated over this entire process selecting the next Supreme Court Judge.  God I pray that you would show those so bent out of shape over all of this -- what YOUR will would be....

 God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. Instead, He assures us that a way of escape will be provided. This promise is recorded in I Corinthians 10:13. Jude wrote: "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude v 24). Darius, King of the Medes, said to Daniel, "Thy God whom thou serves continually, he will deliver thee" (Daniel 6:16). He did deliver Daniel from the den of lions.

Lord, for those who have been overcome and overtaken by sexual sin...I am NOT belittling it or making it seem like it should be swept under the rug...but I pray for those who are assaulted -- and I pray that they seek justice and I pray that they get the healing and help they need.  I pray also for those who were assaulted so many years ago and there is no closure or healing -- God -- ONLY You can help them...ONLY You can heal these many years later -- 

God has promised us victory over death. He first resurrected Jesus by way of assuring our resurrection. Peter said: "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we are all witnesses" (Acts 2:32). Paul wrote to the Corinthians: "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3,4). Later on he adds: "but thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Corinthians 15:57).

Lord, what a blessing to know - heaven is next -- may that thought keep us focused and also help us to NOT loose sight of what is indeed important each day -- 

God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28). It may be difficult for us to see and understand how this is accomplished at times, but God has promised it, and He will deliver.

Lord, I thank you -- as I believe YOU do this promise over and over...and You will work things out for my sister in Christ and she will believe in her value and worth and see the good she is doing within her circle of influence.


 God has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved. (Read Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38).

God has promised His people eternal life (John 10:27,28).

Lord, in closing, let me appeal to all whom are reading this -- I pray that you  live so that the promises of God will be yours.  In Jesus Name, Amen.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!