Monday, August 26, 2019

Faith over Feelings - Blogged Prayer #20 Faith is God's Word

The faith that SJ displays when her G-man holds her on the counter 

...no fear... 

totally enthralled with her Grandpa and totally enjoying the attention from her Mimi and Momma

 ...clapping and trying to get her to smile for the camera. 


That is the faith I want to display about my God.  That is the faith - to lean back into Father God and smile...knowing that He...My Holy Father has me.  Even 'up' on the counter ...even 'down' in a valley -- God is RIGHT there.  


This weekend has been about faith.  
Faith to believe that something dead could come alive.  
Faith to believe that the enemy won't win.  
Faith to believe that goodness will come - in-spite of circumstances.  

I have Faith in God's Word and His promises for me.  

The promise that I am the head and not the tail. 
The promise that good will come to those who diligently seek you. 
The promise that I will have eternal life. 
The promise that my name is written on the lamb's book of life.  
The promise that I can bring all my troubles to you and you will forgive me and answer my cry. 
The promise that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  

I want to lean back into my G-man....my God...  and allow Him to support me and know that HE is smiling with me.  

Lord, I praise you for the life lessons learned and relearned this past week ...this past weekend.  Lord, there are many -- that don't have faith, cause they have not 'seen' what YOU are doing, even as they suffer. 

Lord, may those eyes be opened.  
Lord, that their faith to believe in something that is impossible -- would become possible.  
Lord, that as they bring their petitions to YOU...I pray they would pray for more faith.  

Lord, for the one seeking to have great faith in her marriage - but can't see it. 
Lord, for the one desperately trying to do Your will and it is scary. 
Lord, for the one learning to speak life over her boys. 
Lord, for the one - literally doing it all -- may she see Your hand in it all. 


Lord, YOUR will be done -- and may the one reading this tonight - lean back and into YOU and trust that you will work everything out for his good.    
In Jesus Name, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!