Saturday, August 24, 2019

Faith over Feelings - BOLD prayers -when we need to ask for prayer! #19

Maybe you read my blogs and think I am this super strong and spiritual believer.  That maybe nothing could set be back in a funk.   

You may also read them and ask...is she for real?   Can someone really pray this much? 

I pray that as you read these blogs and the prayers associated with them, that they are speaking life and that you can hear GOD through them.  

I believe they are Holy Spirit led and written as I continue to want to make God famous -I want others to grab a hold of God and allow HIM to be their best friend- but I also want to encourage.  So, if a blog appears or points to troubles and then shows a weakness -- I have to make sure the Lord wants me to share it.  I don't want to hinder anyone.  That is when pride can set in.  

It is easy to share all the good.  It can also be easy to share all the bad and seek attention.  That line - in the middle, where we walk in humility and share our hearts is what God wants, but that enemy can SO whisper and make us question.    

On some days -- I need my own blog.  I need a blog written for me.    Some days the enemy can come so fiercely at me, that all I want to do is lay in the fetal position in my bedroom.  



When we, at times, are hit with some news that hurts our hearts -- we may need to grieve. 

 I have been grieving something very personal for a few weeks. 

 Grieving it-- so much one day -- I had a hard time even smiling. Then when the enemy sees I am hurting, circumstances are allowed and something so stupid and trivial is presented and I break.  

Add in these circumstances --   they are GOOD circumstances and events -- so the enemy just whispers, "see....you can't be right".  

  • my husband and I are finishing a teaching series for our church about hearing from God  
  •  -so the enemy says, "sure, you hear from God and where is He today?" 
  • my friend and I  began a new SALT group working through the women of the bible   
  •  - so the enemy says, "who are you - do you really have it all together?" 
  • -----Then.....  the enemy decides to ATTACK and BIG time with whispers that throw me backwards.  



 Something happens and circumstances  -- it  may seem --circumstances that the enemy can manipulate-- certain happenings-- and all of a sudden, my shoes of peace are off and for a sleepless night -- he continues to whisper to me that "you are a pharse".    

Now, I don't believe the enemy can do that.   But at that point, I did. 

He is a liar.

  In one way -- I should be flattered that he attacked so badly these past 24 hours -- that means I am a threat.

  But, what happened instead is that - I allowed fear to step in and all of a sudden, I let triggers take over and I was ALL up in my feelings.  

The basis or reason I am blogging this series is because - we need to acknowledge our feelings ...but keep FAITH in what GOD can do - rather than allowing our feelings to take over.  


Praise GOD that I knew whom to call and ask for her mentoring touch -- her wise words...and her prayers.  And praise God - once she reminded me to place my armor back on and to rebuke the enemy....I  physically FELT better -- my peace and joy returned.  


  • Faith is believing that what God has CALLED us to is infinitely better than what we are leaving behind.  

  • Faith is barricading the road that leads back to captivity by refusing to nurture the  THOUGHTS of the past.     ( THIS was the truth she spoke over me!) 

  • And Faith is not allowing fear to determine or direct the future that God has for you -- for me! 
  ( taken from No Other God's Bible study - K. Mintor) 




My husband had already prayed for me earlier that day.  His covering and prayer is exactly what I needed  but I also needed to be able to bear or vent some fear to another  without our judgement.  After  seeking prayer and receiving encouragement, I wrapped myself up with His Word and His praise music.  This verse from Isaiah has so much meaning to me.  And by the end of the day - God had confirmed my warrior friend's words over me - two more times.  THAT is God.  

He, God, took the TIME today - to make sure, that I knew -- I was of value.  
He took the time today to refresh me and  He showed me much grace and mercy.  I may appear to have it all together - but, I am just like you -- or others. 
 I am not perfect.  

I don't hide behind my blogs -- what you read is me -- I do pray.  I seek Jesus in every hurt and need.  I do believe in the impossible -- but the enemy tried to defeat me today and I had to seek prayer.  He wanted me defeated and I felt as if I was, but I knew I needed to act. I knew I needed another to pray over me.  So, I sent a text. 

I was reminded by the Holy Spirit this past week -- that once upon a time, when  I was seeking my Heavenly Father for  healing -- I DID seek. 
 I DID reach out and I DID some actions to put my faith in motion.  I moved.  I put action into what I believed God wanted me to do -- I did not retreat.  

Yet, today, my flesh wanted to - so I knew I had to kick start something. 

Sadly, often, what I see and hear at times is a prayer request for God to move or for something to be done...but the one seeking the prayer is not willing to ACT in faith. There are those that want counsel and help and when it comes to making a plan of action/prayer, there is a "hands off" sort of mentality and people want change but are not willing to totally change.  

  We don't serve a McDonald's fast food  type of God..."do you want fries with that?". 

Most of God's answers are not instant -- today - HE was ...to me.  


Lord - I praise YOU and I thank you for the past 48 hours -- what You allowed...what You showed me and HOW I heard from YOU ....indeed, I know YOU have written my name  in the palm of Your hand.  

Lord, for the one reading this tonight - may she or he know -- YOU love them THIS much as well.  That YOU will meet their hidden need -- there,  RIGHT where they have a  need and YOU will speak to Your sheep. 

 Lord, I pray that the one needing prayer or needed a reminder this eve - will  finish their day today -- SEEKING you and praying...only they can pursue you on their behalf -- but I can pray for them...that they's have the faith to reach up and out for prayer and would change.   IJN  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!