Thursday, September 6, 2018

Marriage is HARD...BOLD prayers ...#40 .BUT God WINS!

 
This is going to be a LONG post.  It just is.  It has been WELL over 40 days, but this concentrated effort of 40 prayers for marriages has come to an end.   And I may be sharing a little too much ...but tonight I am being raw and real.  

1.  I believe that if you are just finding these blogged prayers -- you can start again from Day #1 and begin to fight for your marriage using these blogs as a guide for a prayer focus.    How do I know this?   Cause when I was in a VERY private and yet CRUCIAL part of our marriage -- I sought out prayers on the internet and blogs written by women WHO had successfully navigated an earthquake and their marriage was spared.    So - if you are desperate and WANT your marriage - you will seek these prayers again or other ones. 

2.  In praying and writing these posts, the  past months have  being focused on some specific couples......  I have seen some small victories, I have seen some BIG victories, but I have also see some real sadness and loss as well as  hurt come forth that could literally DEFEAT me--  as it has defeated them.  But I continue to believe what God says.   I have SEEN too too much GOOD from GOD and I know that I know -- HE is not the author of this turmoil, but HE is the answer.  

3.  I have had the privilege of being contacted by several new women and people that WANT their marriage and are willing to do some major changing and work to allow GOD to fix and heal.  But the bottom line with many of those situations is that the person SEEKING the help has realized that they can't change the other one...they can only change THEMSELVES.  

4.  Throughout this series, I have relied on  some past posts and the Holy Spirit to guide me and help me write.  I have said it many times before -- I don't want my time wasted and therefore, if I am going to place something out for the whole world to read and see....then, my goodness...it should be godly and written through HIM.   Therefore, I believe that if you are taking the time to read these, I don't want your time wasted either.  

5.  In the time I have been writing these prayers and posts, I have finished the "Adamant" book written by Lisa Bevere and started Beth Moore's "The Quest".  Both excellent mind blowing reads and they both challenged me.  I am still doing Beth's as I continue on this quest and seek a closer relationship with my Lord.  I have to keep my hands and eyes in a current bible study.  That is how I stay tuned in and plugged in.  I also use the YouVersion bible app - but right now -- I am into paper and pencil!!   

6.   These blogged prayers and posts have had their share of grief as well..... often the ENEMY did not want what was posted to be heard.  Therefore, there were new attacks and stuff.  However, I continue to move forward and believe that NO matter what...GOD will win.  Throughout this, God has reminded me often of the victory HE gave us within our own marriage and how I fought for my husband through prayer.   The move The WAR ROOM is really a movie that we could have stared in or we could have played each part.    I was reminded of that movie, this past Labor Day Weekend.  As back  in 2015 and I literally soaked my t-shirt with tears as I sat with my man to my right,  and my children to my left,  and watched a miracle occur on the screen.  That was our story.  And as I sat there in that movie theater -- crying so hard I couldn't breath -- I praised and thanked God.  

** THAT was God's plan ...to see us restored.  To see my children fall back in love with their dad.  To see my children grow to love and respect their dad.  To see my husband own his own mistakes but not allow the enemy to shame him to his grave, but to see my husband help others now with is own experience and story.  God restored our marriage...HE did it...but we cooperated.  We submitted.  We humbled ourselves and  believed what God's Word stated....love covers a multitude of sins.  God forgave me for committing adultery on Him!  But anyway, now I pray for our marriage, my husband, and our children as well as others  -- as we have  new struggles as we are in a new season in our lives.  


7.  Prayers will continue for the specific couples that were the inspiration at various times and for the one in particular that is very dear and CLOSE to us.... we are standing on faith that before the year is over -- the one wanting the marriage will see a repentant believer that wants Jesus more than her own feelings and wants.  As then,  truly, only then, can she  be fully happy, satisfied, and  she'll 
see what God intended for marriage and their family.  

8.  And with that ....  this song....  it speaks VOLUMES!  8 is the new number for Brendan and I.  WE are eight years OUT from an earthquake.  Eight means renewal.  We are in a very new season and with that, God has reminded me to pray as diligently as I did some eight years ago.  And I will continue.  I pray the Lord has me write a few more blogs.  Maybe not...  

We are in a new season.  Our word this year was "intentional".  So we have made some real changes and done somethings intentionally to make sure that when we do see our Savior, He will say, "well done".   We also WANT each and every reward the Lord has prepared for us!  

I will write again, when the Holy Spirit speaks, and as I said, I will continue to pray and believe that God wins.  

The prayer for this eve ...  read the the lyrics for this song.  Do you believe it?  Do you believe what God says about you?  If so...then whether it is your marriage or your children -- God is the one who can fix.  Seek Him.  But He has to be first...

He has to be first...not an after thought...
 Not for when you have finished a series on Netflix and need something to do...
Not just for when a crisis hits us... 
Not just when you are ready for him....
Not just once a week.....
Not just once a holiday.....
Not just 'because' I can be closer to God when I am alone and at home....
Not just for when someone is ill....
Not just because "that is what I am suppose to do"....


You are loved - more than you will ever know.  And truly if YOU understood that and lived in that knowledge...your marriage would be getting better -- only because you are better.  

Don't you want a REAL relationship with Him?  I do.  I do!!!   It drives me.  

I believe that many will see Jesus one day and He will say, "depart from me, I never knew you".  Too many of us sugar coat this and think ..."oh I will have time later to get back with Jesus".....  maybe tonight IS YOUR last night on this earth!?? 

There are many good ones....that will not see heaven because they are too busy on the earth right now and place God 2nd or 3rd.  


And if we don't think ETERNALLY minded now, I believe we will sadly be mistaken and sorry later.  

Robert Morris spoke about salvation and heaven this past month.  He made a comment, "people will say, Oh how can a loving God let people go to hell?"  He replies..."how can a you a very smart person NOT see the reality of WHO God is and why would you even QUESTION that?"  He reminds us that God created hell for Satan and his angels.  We are the ones placing ourselves IN there by our actions.  

Tonight -- if you are reading this and you are unsure of your salvation - I pray you will seek Jesus and speak to Him and then seek a Pastor/Minister and get it right,  or maybe even contact me.  

Marriage can be the BEST and closest thing to heaven here on earth and I believe God intended it that way, so I will pray and believe that your marriage will be that sort of marriage.  IN Jesus Name.  Amen.  


You Say
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
Oh, I believe
Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet
You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
Oh I believe (I), yes I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
Oh I believe (oh)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!