Monday, September 3, 2018

Marriage is HARD, Bold Prayers - are you quitting? Day #38

I heard today ... a couple I have prayed for--is filing for divorce.  I can't blame her -- it has been a long haul.  I heard it through another....I haven't spoken to her in some time.  But I felt defeated for a bit -- but, I gave it to God.  Each of us .... has to seek HIM for what we do next. 

 Sometimes the push and pull back and forth takes such a toll.  

Today, while working on another project, I listened to Pastor Robert Morris's series about heaven and our rewards there.  I want whatever is for me ...nothing less.  

Another couple, had a very HARD decision to make in the past 48 hours.  And I was able to give advice...but in the end -- it is the two of them making this decision.  Truly, it felt like an EASY decision from the outside looking in....but in reality....it was fear and the unknown that they had  place before God and to trust to God. 

 Again ....   as much as I want to see it 'easy' for the couples we pray for ....we know that suffering and a deep wounding does bring a new found freedom and closeness to Christ like never before.  

Each person will stand there - in judgement before God...and there will be an account for everything.  Praise God we have a Savior that intervenes for us and covers us. 

 And yet... even if we do have that name in the Lamb's Book of life, we will still answer to the choices we made and be rewarded for our faith.  

Again ..I want it all -- whatever God has for me.

  I found this blog that I wrote back in November of 2011.  We had just sold our home in September and moved to our first rental.  We were in FULL therapy mode heading to the coast each Friday to literally allow another to question us.  I remember those sessions very well...where I drove home afterwards thinking, "why am I in trouble?".  

But that is for another blog or time to share.... the process was trusted and it took time, but God won.  This blog caught my eye and I don't remember WHAT transpired that day that made me WANT to quit...but the hurt could be easily remembered.  And I reminded myself -- But God Won!   

If you are trying to quit this eve... I pray that indeed...you will SEEK God and do ONLY WHAT He allows... in Jesus' Name.  Amen.  


Here is that blog: 

so..   when does one quit.... ???

I was mixing up some cookie batter to roll out some cookies.  The Youth Group at Church is having a bake sale.  I had successfully stirred up 2 batches of my Grandma's roll out cookies and used up all the flour.  So, I put the eggs, sugar, and butter in the mixer and turned it on to 'cream' .....  and I turned around to grab the new bag of flour out of the pantry and in the 45 seconds it took to grab it, I turned around to see this....


the bowl was practically off the mixing stand and the batter had crawled up the sides of the bowl and was flying out.. it was everywhere...   there was a centrifugal force of that sweet yellow butter,sugar, and egg cream.....   the dog was even covered but I could not grab her fast enough to get a photo.

Clean up time...  quitting time.......  

I could not establish how much batter was really left in the bowl so I quit.  I cleaned.

I got to thinking - there is a life lesson in this.  And there was.

My life goes up and down.  One day I am so strong and the next, a little thing can set me back.  I kept asking God this morning -- 'what'????    HE reminded me of HIS security.

I am secure in HIS love.  I am HIS.
God reminded me HE wins.  HE does not quit....  HE could of scooped up the batter and added flour and made some really good cookies, but I would of needed HIS divine HELP.... I would need some supernatural power.

Right now, on this Earth - I can access that.  I cleaned up the batter and knew HE was there, always scraping my feelings up of this or that - what has been splattered here and there and HE adds to me and makes me whole again, tasting sweet.  IT is HIM.  Not... what this person says or does for me. Not what I am expecting from this one or that one.  Not what I can do on my own -- it is HIM.  ONLY HIM.  HE has to do it.

HE reminded me today, that quitting is NOT an option.  Funny,  last night at a certain point because of a certain thing.... I had really thought about quitting.  For the first time in this journey that I have been in with my family, my husband,  my friends.... I have wanted to quit ... I have asked, "can I?"...  But last night, the  Enemy really got in my head and really made me feel that quitting would be easier.  That dart came - and it was grabbed and held at bay -- not by me --- by the Holy Spirit.  HE reminded me of past victories and HIS plan is always good.  HE reminded me of the reward awaiting -- to see a whole family restored.  So, last night before I finally closed my eyes......  I asked God for a fresh new start today.

HE answered -- this am, I find it interesting that the thought of "I am quitting"..    is now like a distant thought, but it did bring me back to the Cross...... we can't do anything without HIS help.  I can't worry about tomorrow- HE is my security.  I can't allow the Enemy to put thoughts of quitting in me - I will renew my mind.  Every moment -- Every minute.

Maybe this will bless you today -- if you read to the end.  

God answers prayers.  HE allows hurt and pain -- for a reason -- so we rely totally on HIM and HIM only.    When we are restless - we need to SEEK HIM more.  WHEN we don't know what to do - we TURN to HIM.

And it is God who establishes us with  you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and give us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee ---2 Corn 1.21-22

The Holy Spirit is our guarantee -- HE is fighting for us and HE gave us the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us while we are here... so when we want to quit, we know that we know, that is not what our Lord wants.  And so that we know,  HE will come and add scrape us up -  and add what is needed so that we are sweet and whole again.  HE restores.

Thank You Lord,  YOUR love makes me smile.

You know Lord, that the  Enemy really wants to beat me up today - do me a favor and kick him into hell - thanks, michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!