Saturday, March 22, 2014

An Apology.



1 Corinthians 2

New International Version (NIV)
And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a]

 THIS could be me talking....as when I sit at this computer and write a blog - I am sharing my heart but my speech is most often...NOT eloquent -- 

 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weaknesswith great fear and trembling.

I come many times to you - the person who is reading this--with fear and trembling -- as I really have NO clue.  

God has taught me some things...and I have experienced quite a bit - but I pray that whatever  I type or share has some value and worth -- cause it would glorify my Lord - that lives within me...

The Purpose of this blog is to share my heart and how GOD hugs me daily...how I walk in this new freedom I have now with the Holy Spirit and My Lord...

My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.
Paul says here - that he hopes people would listen to him - not because of what he says but what GOD has done....

Paul speaks here -- cause he is trying to state -- it is NOT him..but the Holy Spirit who speaks through him.  

His confidence was not in himself or his intellect..it was in the KNOWLEDGE that the Holy Spirit was speaking through him.  


Verse 7 goes on to say...

No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. Jesus was put to death by the rulers and people of that time who misunderstood him and who rejected him. However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[b]
    the things God has prepared for those who love him—I can't even begin to imagine WHAT more God has instore for me or my family -- both now here - and then in ETERNITY...In Revelation it speaks of how HE will create a new heaven and earth for me...for me...and the rest of HIS Kingdom. 
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.


This is me...I seek God - the Father in Heaven, who sent His Son to open those gates in heaven  -- to be the direct link between God and me.  There is only one way - and I am not being conceited or a know it all...nor am I being narrow minded - but there is ONLY one way to heaven - and that is through Jesus Christ.  

But -- I have messed up.  
I prayed a lot today and over the past few days, because a loved one of mine is offended.  Hurt.  This person has been feeling that my views and my beliefs have led them to feel inferior -- for that - I am so sorry.  

And if she felt this way, she wondered how many others have felt that same way too.  

Chapter 13 of this Book speaks of  love...I can write blogs...and speak my peace..but if I have NOT shown Love...what am I ?  


1 Corinthians 13

New International Version (NIV)
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

As a parent -- I protect my children...and I may not always trust them..but I can trust them through Christ.  And I hope.  My life  -- now is a very open book.    I love Jesus and I believe there is only one way to heaven...through HIM.  I believe in hell.  I believe in eternity.  I don't believe in evolution and I believe God still heals and does miracles today.  
But there is a loved one that has been hurt by my words...I have failed to show her the love of Jesus.   I have dishonored a person whom God even says to honor...and for that - I am so sorry.  

There is nothing I can really do - but say I am sorry and then pray -- that she will forgive me.  WE don't see eye to eye on spiritual stuff.  We just don't.  

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

So it is with a heavy heart -- I asked her this evening again for her forgiveness.  She and I do not agree on whom Jesus is - but that is OK.  I love her with all of my heart and I pray for her daily.  Well, at least 3x a week -- a photo of her beautiful self and her husband adorns the sink in my bathroom, I awake each morning looking at her and telling her hello - in the photo.  But, I am saying this - with no arrogance at all...I am trusting God in this matter -- I will pray fervently and I am relentless -- I am stubborn - I was endowed with that from her....I have her DNA...I got my writing skills from her...I got my creativity from her...I  act more like her than she will ever realize -- cause she just does not see me on a regular basis -- but.....as I said, we think differently on the LOVE of my life...Jesus.  But...this story is not finished....

And I believe God wins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!