Monday, March 31, 2014

I suffered from Idolatry as well...

/http://thelasthiker.wordpress.com/author/thelasthiker/


THIS is a link to a blog post that I follow now.  I tried my best to 'verify' who writes this, I am pretty sure it is a woman but as I did more research this evening - it could be a man.  It caught my attention when this blogger posted a blog about 'why' she was not going to see the Son of God Movie which I shared on Facebook.
That blog peaked my interest and I began to read other articles.
Since then -- myself...and about 600 others have signed up to follow this blog.  So...
Today when the link came, I quickly read it and was blessed.

I had to check myself...as my blog could easily  become an  idol to me. I want to write, I want to use what God did for me to share with others.........but.....

Yesterday was an extremely HARD day.  I blogged last night - by this morning over 80 people had read it and then I was convicted....and prayed and the Holy Spirit reminded me...

 - not EVERY experience that happens in my home is a 'teaching' lesson...
-not EVERYone wants to be reminded of stuff...
and .....God wants me to practice what I preach and stay focused on the FUTURE....


So, I deleted the post.  It really was a blog for my own self...not for public view.  So, I prayed this evening that God would protect it.  God knew my intention of the blog - was to help show another that I too ....still have to speak life and not allow the enemy to get any glory.

And then God gave me a sweet friend to talk to and she had a similar experience to share and I could hear the Holy Spirit speak through her ...sometimes we just need to listen to our men.  Amen.  And realize...that men and women ARE different.  And when our men say, 'it is over'....whether it is a conversation about the weather, or children, or something really deep ...we must trust that GOD is speaking to them as well.  Amen!

So, with that -- the 'idol' of WANTING to write and share....is being laid at the Cross...and I will use my discernment.  ( Truth be told, as I was writing last night, I knew that I knew, the blog was not to be shared.....but my FLESH was so frustrated! )

I learn.
My lesson.
My bad....LOL

Thank you Lord for the reminder and the forgiveness!



God spoke to me loudly yesterday as the enemy attacked.
But yesterday is OVER and today was a better day....despite the fact that the consequences of my frustrations brought upon a major headache.  I believe I was reminded -- it could of been avoided.

That is my trouble at times....I am too quick to react.  Too quick to judge....Too quick to jump in and declare....but on the other hand, God has reminded me often that when HE wants me to be quick and I am....HE honors that and protects my mess ups.   ( Did that make sense?  - probably not)  I just know, that I needed a reminder to run EVERYTHING past my Editor above and trust the Holy Spirit within me to respond.  But I have to SEEK that confirmation ...not allow my flesh to 'win'.

So...back to the blog link....
This author is quite versed in 'being in my head' - and today, he or she HIT it right!   Idols....

I hope you will visit the site and enjoy some of the other blog posts.


- michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!