Monday, May 5, 2014

I am a culvert --

I was challenged this weekend.  I enjoyed a very nice time of fellowship with many other Christian women in Okeechobee.  We were treated to a beautiful brunch.  We laughed at a silly skit and we had some kick butt....awesome praise and worship  and then -- we were challenged.

The Holy Spirit is my friend.  He is real.  We were challenged to be the culvert --
But first we heard how HE - Jesus  can redeem and HOW ONLY HE  - God can heal, when we really WANT that healing touch.... we must cry out to Jesus and WANT all of HIM.



 John 14. 26 - But the Counselor, the HOly Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have  said to you. 

 The Holy Spirit is my best friend.

I have learned to rely on Him, I have learned to trust Him, and I have learned that He is the one that convicts....us of sin.

John 16. 8- 10  When he come, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment. In regard to sin, because men do not believe in me, in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer, and in regard to judgement, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.  
vs. 13...But when he, the Spirit of truth comes he will guide you into all truth, He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears , and he will tell you what is YET to come.

He will convict the world of sin - because they don't believe in Him. In order for a person to believe, he must be convicted he is a sinner -- that is the job of the Holy Spirit. So the verse says, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin......

He will convict the world of righteousness -- this is where, because of Jesus, the Holy Spirit convinces me that I am also right standing with God.  The Holy Spirit speaks to me and tells me - 'atta girl'.

And He will convict me of judgment -- because the ruler of this world is judged...Satan -
Satan has no authority .....no authority in me....Satan has nothing on me!   So, Jesus  has taken my place and He will intercede for me in  my judgement....


So, why would I not - seek the Holy Spirit - my Counselor and Helper - ....

I will be the Culvert....the con- do- it... and allow the healing waters of New Life to flow through --
I will be the one to listen to the HOly Spirit and allow HIm to work through me.....
I will be like the 'best Michelle' He has created me to be.....


Thank you Fran McKee and your vision of this KNIT Together Conference.

Thank you Michelle Hart - for being transparent and real and sharing a HOPE-FILLED story of God's grace and mercy.   May your story - again - bring life and hope to many!

Thank you Kathy Harris for the illustration -- and the honest words ....so give us courage and to challenge us.

May God KNIT His daughters here in Okeechobee into a bevy of HIS warriors --for Him


Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!