Monday, May 26, 2014

I know what God can do.

 ( This is a long blog.  You may need coffee or a Coke to read it, I pray if you love me and the body of Christ, then you will read it prayerfully and know, it is me - my heart.  I am transparent...I am wanting to be used by God)  

I know what God can do.  He can take a situation that seems totally dead and make it come alive again.  I am not going backwards but I have sort of a crush on this one guy that lives in my house --  I have watched him over the past  weeks be used by God in a very HARD way...but, I have watched him pray, plead with God,  and pray even more.  I have also watched him carefully seek HIS word for guidance and direction.  

However there is another man -- that lives in my house too.  HIS name is the Holy Spirit.   He comforts.  He speaks  and He guides.  And his best buddy Jesus also lives within our hearts in this home.   Jesus is the one that covers me...and my husband.  He intercedes.

And God forgives.  God restores.  God remains.  God is good.  God is the very reason I write this blog. It allows me to tell  others -- HOW HE is within my life. It allows me to be transparent and honest.  I know many read this and as I type today, I ask God to protect it in every way.

God's Word is HIS direct communication or love letter to me.


Whoever rebukes a person will in the end gain favor
    rather than one who has a flattering tongue.


Whoever rebukes a  FRIEND  will in the end gain favor
    rather than one who has a flattering tongue.


Whoever rebukes a CONFIDANT  will in the end gain favor
    rather than one who has a flattering tongue.


Whoever rebukes a LOVED ONE  will in the end gain favor
    rather than one who has a flattering tongue.  Proverbs 28.23



God's Word is HIS direct communication or love letter to me.

This is a HARD word to swallow, especially if you don't agree with a loved one and it will hurt to express your opinion.   But God calls us to be strong with a sense of Justice and Righteousness.  We are not called to judge.  We are called to love.    

Sometimes, God calls us to do the HARD.  
Obedience will bring fruit and rewards.  



“Don’t pervert justice. Don’t show favoritism to either the poor or the great. Judge on the basis of what is right.
16 “Don’t spread gossip and rumors.
“Don’t just stand by when your neighbor’s life is in danger. I am God.
17 “Don’t secretly hate your neighbor. If you have something against him, get it out into the open; otherwise you are an accomplice in his guilt.
18 “Don’t seek revenge or carry a grudge against any of your people.
“Love your neighbor as yourself. I am God.  Lev. 19.17


Sometimes you really have to do the HARD.  Some of God's written testimony is HARD to accept.  

I want to say this...I don't secretly hate my neighbor.   I do my best to NOT allow any gossip - I strive to deal with facts and go directly to a person if I feel the Holy Spirits conviction.  
I won't stand by when I see one of my friends or family hurting.  If I can't directly help in some way, I pray.  Well I pray directly...as THAT is my first SWORD.   Knowing that I am to pray!  

God's word says in James 4.10 -- Humble yourselves before the Lord and HE will raise you up.  

I will question everything against God's word.  And I forgive.  I KNOW how to do that...I know it takes a daily reminder to forgive a situation or a person and that it is a process but I know I am to forgive.  And I can love a person...or love the sinner but still hate the sin.  

It is not personal.  It is what God has asked us to do.  We show love...we walk in love and we are kind and gentle...but sometimes, God also asks us to do HARD stuff.  

I also refer to my SWORD of Light...the ability to discern.  This is no suspicion.  It deals with facts.  This is not about putting a label on another.  I know about labels.  In the past week, I have heard my husband say, " I am labeled as....an adulterer".  And I remind him - that was in the past, his name is REDEEMED.  Everyone can be redeemed but there has to be repentance after godly sorrow.  There has to be a time of healing... There has to be time.  So we intervene and we pray.  

There is a SWORD of Harvest.  It changes the environment - it makes a clear path.  In the past few weeks, there have been changes and we have sought God to clear the way.   And there has been a harvesting and a pruning as well....and I believe it was of God.  

There is a SWORD of Song and I have sought my quiet time -- singing..."this life will not go down in shame"...I praised God for my Pastor of Music and Worship and that song..and I praise God  that I have that Song of truth...my life won't go down in shame...that life won't go down in shame...it will rise and glorify YOUR name... THAT has been my prayer.  

The SWORD of Silence is so important and keeping silent is so very important .......but God also calls us to be willing to speak when HE calls us to.   God's word speaks louder than our silence.  


Galatians 5:16-26

Common English Bible (CEB)

Two different ways of living

16 I say be guided by the Spirit and you won’t carry out your selfish desires. 17 A person’s selfish desires are set against the Spirit, and the Spirit is set against one’s selfish desires. They are opposed to each other, so you shouldn’t do whatever you want to do. 18 But if you are being led by the Spirit, you aren’t under the Law. 19 The actions that are produced by selfish motives are obvious, since they include sexual immorality, moral corruption, doing whatever feels good, 20 idolatry, drug use and casting spells, hate, fighting, obsession, losing your temper, competitive opposition, conflict, selfishness, group rivalry, 21 jealousy, drunkenness, partying, and other things like that. I warn you as I have already warned you, that those who do these kinds of things won’t inherit God’s kingdom.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against things like this. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified self with its passions and its desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let’s follow the Spirit. 26 Let’s not become arrogant, make each other angry, or be jealous of each other.



And finally the SWORD of Restoration.  I am completely yielding to God.  I know what restoration looks like and how it feels.   Believe me ....that has been my prayer as well.   As I said, I forgive.  When we forgive, it empowers the person to get the forgiveness they need from God.  

So...when I am in the battle...

I CONSTANTLY beg God for little tidbits of blessings or signs to know ...I am STILL in HIS will...that HE still believes I am worth dying for.....and at times, I ask HIM for an actual verbal affirmation.  The affirmation can come in an action, HIS word, from another...or it even sometimes comes with a tremendous PEACE that transcends all understanding.


When I say I pray - I pray.  And when I say that I am praying for my enemy
-that could be the neighbor
-the one saying false things about me
-the student that continues to show no respect
-and that could be just the one person that I have to deal with when they believe I have wronged them. 

  In that case....I pray.  And I seek forgiveness - all the time.  I ask them for forgiveness and I make a point of making sure I quickly say - I MESSED UP. There was a time when I had to move ...move away from my church family and seek a new church family because I knew that I knew....once my husband and I were restored -- it would be AWKWARD to continue within that church building.  

It broke my heart - but I trusted God and HE took me to a new place and I still have those friends at the other place...and I still pray and honor them...I just don't sit in a pew next to them every Sunday.  And it is OK.  

God moves us as we grow.  I moved away from my home - Wisconsin.  At the time, I wanted to get away, I was young and our home is here now in Florida.  This is where GOD has us.  But each visit home...I long to be able to just go to a Friday night movie with  my sister or my brother,  but then realize that can only happen if I travel 1400 miles.  

 And one final move....  when my husband and I were trying to rebuild our marriage and our family.....we had to MOVE.  Literally MOVE.  We sold and left our home.    I say that to say this:   change is hard...but sometimes THAT is what our God is asking us to do.  To do the HARd.  MOVE.

Our  true enemy though is Satan.   He is the one that steals, kills, and destroys.  He sets traps.  He plots and plans.  And if we are not careful and watchful - he just needs an inch and he can become our ruler.  ( no pun intended )  In the past  weeks, I have witnessed how God can use something that Satan planned to kill and destroy a body of believers...but  he did not succeed.  There is still some strife.  There are feelings that are hurt and each one involved has to answer to God -- not to  me...not to anyone else.   Forgiveness is the first thing.   God does know our hearts.  God knows our motives...and God knows  what will happen next.  But God also wants to RAISE us up...Nothing is wasted and HE teaches us through every bit of stress..that HE wins.   God's beauty rises out of ashes.  One person may say this and another that......my husband and I have prayed and agonized these past weeks and prayed Jesus' blood over it all.  

I pray and will continue to pray for the BODY of believers in Okeechobee.  I have become SO more aware of this community and its beautiful people -- many of which are STILL lost.  I have grieved a friendship but....I continue to pray - my husband and I continue to pray that friendship will not be lost...in HIS time, I am claiming healing and restoring.  

God is so sweet.  

I stared this blog with a 'love' note about my man.  I watched him -- I have watched him...over the past 10 years....closely.  We will be married for 28 years this coming August...that is a LONG time!!!  I have come to realize that God is alive and well in him and I have come to understand how Satan can attack and how cunning he is.  But I also know -- and see a man, that continues to seek HIS word and stand humble before God.     And when God was asked...God answered.  

I have prayed over him...encouraged him...and stood amazed at how HIS word has guided and directed him.  Brendan shared with me a prophetic word that was given to him by another praying warrior that loves us...loves the ENTIRE body of believers...and loves God first.   This couple is so important to us...as in my time of need, they gave me such a prophetic word...at the right time that it changed or rather confirmed what I knew I was to do with my own crisis of faith.  So it is very sweet and awesome of God to give him, my husband, a direct word for him at the RIGHT time in his crisis of faith....

Brendan:  " I will never leave you nor forsake you".  " you are my chosen vessel that I have created with a strong sense of Justice and righteousness ( Ps. 89.14) and these are the foundations of my throne. I bring about my righteousness and justice by speaking the Truth in Love.  But do not mistake my love and kindness for weakness or permissiveness. I am none of  those.  I am a Father who loves His children, but like any good parent, my love is sometimes 'tough love' and I discipline those I love when needed. See that all those who are involved are siblings. As siblings, they will tell their father if they see one of their siblings disobeying the rules or putting themselves in harms way.  It is the Father's job to correct, discipline, and punish with consequences for wrong choices and behavior. This gives an opportunity for one to learn from his mistakes and repent.  But like any good parent, if this discipline is not used as an opportunity for repentance, the process will continue until the will is broken ( but not the spirit ) . Turn your siblings over to me for my discipline.  Because I am the perfect parent, my discipline is also perfect.  It is my promise to work all things together for the good to All those who love Me, to All those who are called according to my Purpose.  I am doing a work in All of you".  

 As I have said, we have prayed.  I have my husband's permission to share this word on my blog...he wants anyone to know - God wins.  God makes a way when it seems there is no way.  God restores.  God redeems. And God places the right people in our lives -- God is raising us ALL up.  I know my faith has increased in the past few weeks, I know that I am a different person and I know that the enemy will continue to steal, kill, and destroy but I know - God wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!