Wednesday, May 7, 2014

am I STRONG or WEAK? ......

A sister in Christ stated something to me this past week -- "God wants me to be weak" and her friend said, "no HE wants us to be strong"......

I have thought about that -- and thought.

Could they be saying the same thing?


Joshua 1:9"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Isaiah 40:31Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. 
Isaiah 41:10
'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'
Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.


I'm weak!  From the Urban dictionary: 
An expression from Virginia Beach, VA that means the person is entertained, amused or hysterical. Origin could be from the fact that when you laugh so hard your knees and/or body becomes weak. (ALSO "I'm so weak" or "I was so weak")

From the regular dictionary - weak: 
adjective
  1. 1.
    lacking the power to perform physically demanding tasks; lacking physical strength and energy.
    "she was recovering from the flu and was very weak"
    synonyms:frailfeebledelicatefragileMore



2.
liable to break or give way under pressure; easily damaged.
"the salamander's tail may be broken off at a weak spot near the base"


2 Corinthians 12:9-11

New International Version (NIV)
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.




Opps...there it is on the bottom of vs. 10 in Corinthians........

For when I am weak....then I am strong.  


I think what impressed me the most is that I must be weak....lacking in spiritual strength and energy that ONLY WITH Jesus...ONLY WITH God...can I become strong.  



This prayer is for - a sister in Christ, as I write - it is for me too...and maybe it is for the stranger who reads this toda.

 I found it and decided to write it again in the first person as if I was praying for myself.  IN some regards - I am, but read it as if YOU were praying:  




Lord, I call upon you, right now -  I am facing a difficult mountain.  Lord, I am facing a  huge mountain. God it seems like I can not pass this mountain or go around it - I need you - desperately.  I love you and I have been through struggles before but this one could literally kill me or kill another's spirit....God - move this mountain.  Please....  I  need guidance and affirmation. I need to know exactly WHAT to do and WHOM to trust.   I want to be in Your perfect will even though I know you will find glory and honor if I mess up and make the wrong move while I vacillate back and forth because I am anxious.  Take the anxiousness.   Maybe Lord, I just need to be still and let the mountain move without this must 'help'...only YOU know.  Right now, my emotions are too tender and raw -- I need peace.    I need  a direct line to you -- Lord, I  come to you - I  worships you, I love you  and I will believe that no matter what  - YOU have my back.  I only have to answer to you.  I only have to deal with today - not tomorrow...and I know I can't change yesterday, but I can claim Your victory and I will believe that no matter what - with YOU anything is possible.  I will not fail...I will hear, "atta girl"..."well done my good and faithful servant"....when all is said and done - it is just You and me God -- thank you - in Your most perfect name - amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!