Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Proverbs 28 - a prayer and my thoughts.


Proverbs 28

New International Version (NIV)
28 The wicked flee though no one pursues,
    but the righteous are as bold as a lion. Heavenly Father, this verse says a lot -- God I pray that I am as bold as a lion -- but I seek to make sure I am righteous...right before You.  
When a country is rebellious, it has many rulers,
    but a ruler with discernment and knowledge maintains order.
God I pray I am not being rebellious by questioning and seeking Your word for guidance.  I tender my heart - raise my SWORDS - YOUR word and believe that I am wielding it in YOUR truth. 
A ruler[a] who oppresses the poor
    is like a driving rain that leaves no crops.
Those who forsake instruction praise the wicked,
    but those who heed it resist them.  Lord, we must seek Your word in all situations...even in the tough ones and we must seek the HARD passages as well...like in James...and many other books. Even this portion of scripture -- Lord...
Evildoers do not understand what is right,
    but those who seek the Lord understand it fully.  Lord, this verse is like BLINKING in front of me.....I question stuff cause I don't understand it and yet...there is a supernatural peace - because YOU are leading.  
Better the poor whose walk is blameless
    than the rich whose ways are perverse.  Lord, when I read this, I think of rich, meaning 'having money'......but...I see this as ....Lord, we will walk blameless ..even if that means a loss of friends...comfort....and 'affirmations from people'.....it means I must always answer only to YOU and know that I know ..I am walking in Your truth with grace and mercy.  
A discerning son heeds instruction,
    but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.  
Whoever increases wealth by taking interest or profit from the poor
    amasses it for another, who will be kind to the poor.
If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction,
    even their prayers are detestable.  Lord, I believe it is so important to search Your word and seek ALL of Your knowledge - in any present, past, or future situation.....God I know YOU will win.  And I know, that I know - my prayers are being heard -- they aren not detestable. 
10 Whoever leads the upright along an evil path
    will fall into their own trap,
    but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.  Oh God, I walk in the fear of You...knowing what can happen to me if I lead anyone along an evil path.... I wish to walk blameless.  I wish to walk with right standing in You.  I wish to walk according to Your will.  And I will receive a good inheritance! 
11 The rich are wise in their own eyes;
    one who is poor and discerning sees how deluded they are.
12 When the righteous triumph, there is great elation;
    but when the wicked rise to power, people go into hiding.
13 Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
    but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.  God, I have never be a 'bluffer'...I have never been able to lie and get away with it....I have never had a poker face...my emotions are on my sleeve...my face expresses all emotions...and I pray Lord, that the mercy I was given...will always be extended to others from me.... God reveal sin in my life - I want to be transparent and real before You.  God reveal what needs to be revealed so that --- YOUR will can be done.  IN Jesus name - I believe! 
14 Blessed is the one who always trembles before God,
    but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.  God, I believe hearts are being hardened.....Lord, I claim that this would stop..and I rebuke what Satan is trying to do...Satan will not succeed.  
15 Like a roaring lion or a charging bear
    is a wicked ruler over a helpless people.  Lord, I am tired of bullies and ones trying to manipulate situations....I want YOUR truth..YOUR knowledge...and YOUR wisdom to shine out....
16 A tyrannical ruler practices extortion,
    but one who hates ill-gotten gain will enjoy a long reign.
17 Anyone tormented by the guilt of murder
    will seek refuge in the grave;
    let no one hold them back.
18 The one whose walk is blameless is kept safe,
    but the one whose ways are perverse will fall into the pit. God, I have been in that pit before - it is NOT fun....God I pray that I never put myself in that pit - ever again... 
19 Those who work their land will have abundant food,
    but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty.
20 A faithful person will be richly blessed,
    but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.
21 To show partiality is not good
    yet a person will do wrong for a piece of bread. God I can't control others....I pray they won't sell themselves out for 'saving face'....God -- I know you won't be mocked.... Your Kingdom is a strong tower...the righteous run into it and are saved....from all...
22 The stingy are eager to get rich
    and are unaware that poverty awaits them.
23 Whoever rebukes a person will in the end gain favor
    rather than one who has a flattering tongue.  Oh Lord, this verse...are you saying that when we STAND for YOU and renounce sin...when we stand in the gap and  call out sin.... -- we will gain favor?  I do believe that is the case Lord...I know, that sin must be revealed...it can't be swept under the rug...it must be dealt with..it must be forgiven....the is the first step - repentance.  Lord, I pray I never become a 'yes person'...one that just tells another what they want to hear.  God I will thought- walk in love and mercy...as You have said, we catch fish first and then clean them....ONly YOU can 'clean' them...Only YOU can make a way -Only You can convict...and I trust You.  
24 Whoever robs their father or mother
    and says, “It’s not wrong,”
    is partner to one who destroys.
25 The greedy stir up conflict,
    but those who trust in the Lord will prosper.   We will prosper! 
26 Those who trust in themselves are fools,
    but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe. I have 'been' in this place before.  I have trusted in myself...and know it does not work.  God I trust YOU...man will fail me...
27 Those who give to the poor will lack nothing,
    but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.
28 When the wicked rise to power, people go into hiding;
    but when the wicked perish, the righteous thrive.   Lord, this last verse can almost be a word of prophesy for me right now....I will believe that the 'wicked' will not rise to power - In Jesus name - amen.  


Lord, ONLY YOU know exactly WHAT is going on.  This post is a reminder to me.  IN my hardest moments when I was 'single' and when I was in a state of crisis....I wrote and rewrote prayers and journaled to You.  Today I believe another one reading this, would stop and think...What on earth has happened that she would post this....?  What Michelle?  

What is important --is that - one really does not have to know the reason for my heavy heart and firm prayer right now.  One can read God's word and then my heart and pray with me.  I know Lord, that Your word does not return void...and I bet there is a young mother that is trying to hold onto her family but her husband has overdosed again and she is struggling for guidance  and she will read this, and she can read the words in RED and .....it will be her prayer too.  

Another student today shared with me a certain situation at his home.  If he would read this Psalm and my red reflective prayer...he too would be able to pray this.  As again, God's word is alive and active....and that is the beauty of God's word.  I can read this prayer and it blesses me and then...another can read it and it will bless them.  

You could even be a woman with a BIG decision to make...weather to trust God or to trust 'man'....and I believe that reading God's word and then my red reflective prayer will help you.  


God -YOU will win. amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!