Monday, April 20, 2020

Faith over Feelings Prayer #31 -- HE does not forget your name.



 I wrote this blog back in September of 2016.  THIS eve, as I was thinking and praying, I had an idea that I wanted to share.   There is one this eve, I want her to FEEL HOPE -- but the HOPE in Christ.  
There is one this evening where truth was spoken with grace, but was it received in grace and love?   I believe it was received; however, the enemy is such a liar and he torments us with thoughts of  being wrong and less than.... 

In this situation - I had to trust God.   AT times, in obedience, we must speak life and truth, even when it hurts.  I have to remind myself, I would rather hear truth and be upset which will lead to forgiveness and reconciliation rather than allow a lie or share a lie that makes one feel better at the time.  So, as I sat and prayed,  my faithful Holy Spirit, brought me to this post.  

The TITLE caught my eye.  "Just forget my name".  

 I read it through, several  times and realized some of the burden that caused me to write this back in 2016 was indeed something I did remember.   However,  I  marveled at WHAT has transpired since I wrote this blog -- the victory.  AS the weapon that was formed - did not prosper.  

For  example,  I shared about a little girl who, I would hope, would  call me Mimi one day.  She is now 4 and loves me well.  She calls me Mimi.  THAT is a very important name to me. 

Another friend, did leave a voice mail on my phone, "just forget my name"...back in 2016 and  it broke my heart, but I had to allow God to fight the battle.  There is now perfect harmony in this friendship as God did heal. 

The other requests --I honestly can't remember all the burdens and whom they are connected to, but God does.   
I wouldn't be able to carry ALL those burdens - I am not the Savior.  He tells me in His word to cast them upon HIM.     But, as I read this blog, I believe that one reading this now - will relate and the circumstance may now, indeed, be their circumstance.  

Tonight, I was reminded that ALL of my affliction is 'light' in comparison to eternally.   John Piper says, " every second of my misery, in the path of obedience, is producing a peculiar glory, in the light of eternity."  I want that - peculiar -- glory!  

Our pain ... our affliction is never meaningless.  
Let's not look to what we SEE but what God SEE's.  

Nothing is meaningless.  

Therefore do not lose hope. 

 GOD has NOT forgotten YOUR name.  Your name is written in the palm of HIS hand.  

Ok, I will let you read the post for September 2016.

********************************************************************

This post is being typed with a heavy  but hopeful heart. 

Colossians 3.17 says  " And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

So Jesus, as I type, I am thankful and grateful for  MANY people - Your people - that I get to love on and live with, but my heart if feeling heavy today.  It has felt heavy for a few weeks.

Life was  meant to be easy -- but Satan deceived Eve into thinking that God was withholding something.  And she ate of that apple.   I remind myself all the time,  THIS was not God's plan.

Pastor Robert Morris's definition of GRACE is :  the unmerited, undeserved kindness of God. 

I have seen that so many times.  Most recently 2 weeks ago when I got to LOVE on a little girl.  Some day I hope she calls me "MeMe".  Taylor and I discussed whether it should be "MiMi" or how I spelled it,  as my given name is Michelle;   but oh, I am thinking now, "MeMe chell would sound pretty good too!!   Taylor and her husband are walking within God's grace in a new season of their lives and we are praying that a transition of 50/50 custody will occur and our kids will be more 'full - time' parents instead of once a week.    I truly did not believe this would transpire until  the child was older..... circumstances seemed unreal and yet very hard and by HIS grace and through MUCH prayer -- we have some undeserved Kindness!   And I am claiming more.

I asked for that.   I asked for some undeserved kindness.

  I have been, I confess, trying to 'quit' on some assignments for the past 3 months.  I keep telling God HE can find another.  I bargain with Him.   I will tell Him, "Ok, I will do that but you must do this." My dear friend says it all the time, "don't do business transactions with God".  I hear her loud and clear and at the end of the day, the Lord knows I submit and that my bargaining or banter back and forth with Him is just our way of  talking to HIM.  He knows my heart.  He knows I want to hear, "well done my faithful servant".  I seek HIS approval.  Moment my moment.

In Ephesians 4, Paul says, "as a prisoner for the Lord, then.  I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 

Be completely humble and gentle: be patient, bearing with one another in love."



I have  spoken  with -- several in fact, that are dealing with the pain of a child making poor choices, a husband, choosing to walk away from God, and another who just wants to quit -- all of which hurts my heart,  causes it to question God for a nano second cause I want answers for THEM right now and I want to see the goodness of God  in those that are hurting - faster than it is coming.  But God.

God is RIGHT there with them, providing and extending that grace to them as well.

Jeremiah 1.5 says:   "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart: I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."   -- God knew all of this.



So, God knew -- when a dear friend would say, "forget my name"....it will be only temporary --
So, God knew -- when a man took a blood test it would prove there was drugs and alcohol within it --
So, God knew -- that one of my dear loved ones would have a bad week with her medication --
So, God knew -- that another would end her 'weaker' chemo and begin the 'hard' stuff next --
So, God knew -- another would find some HOPE after being without her husband for over a year as he divorced her --
So, God knew that another's prayer to move his ALS  so he could get to heaven faster -- would be a hard one on his family ---
So, God knew -- another would want to quit so badly, but a bevy of prayer walking warriors would stand behind her and remind her NOT to quit --
So, God knew -- that  another's pain would be healed last Sunday and she would testify to it at church on Wednesday --
So, God knew -- that my heart would be heavy for so many reasons in this time, but HE gave me some instant hope that held me --
So, God knew -- that another would go to her knees for her child who is making bad bad bad choices - so bad that going to jail would be a good thing --
So, God knew -- the one that wanted so desperately to 'come clean'  would try her best to seek forgiveness and then get scared away,  because a 'Christian' gave her false hope--
So God knew -- a man would want his wife and children but his pride would keep him away --
So, God knew -- that total peace would be felt in an awkward situation , but our flesh would still want to fuss --

God knows.


And as I went through my list of ....so God -- YOU knew this and yet...   !!?? 

I could not bargain with Him -- cause I knew that in each of these situations -- God would bring beauty out of the ashes -- in HIS time.


God will bring that friendship back around and there will be a 360 - In Jesus name!
God will provide the best treatment center for the one  -- and God will do everything in His power to persuade the father to seek treatment  - In Jesus name.!
God will bring that loved one into the next phase of Chemo as her body is weak but her faith is strong - In Jesus name!
God will bring perfect  healing and a better doctor for that other loved one who is battling this 'syndrome' that needs more clarity, In Jesus name!
God will hold that family as their dad and husband fights against the ALS and gets closer to his home in heaven, In Jesus name.
God will ...  I could go on -- I have -- God will give more hope, as I continue to seek Him and serve Him.


If you  have felt the pain of rejection this week -- if someone has told you to forget them or you feel forgotten by God because a prayer has not been answered --- as you see it...then get on those knees and just cry out to HIM.


Say the Lord's prayer.

Read Psalm 25 and then go to John 15.10... where it states - if you obey my commands  - you will remain in MY Love ....   Stay IN HIS love -- He will provide and HE will NEVER forget your name.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!