Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Faith over Feelings - WE can CRAWL into HIS arms. Blog Prayer #32

So, we are in the middle of a Pandemic. 
Easter came and went. 
People all over the world and in my house are praying Psalm 91 all over.  

And yet... today -- 

THIS happened.  



I was on a ZOOM meeting ( to which I was late for ) with ADMIN and peers and she came to sit on my lap.

 She smiled at the meeting participants, I muted it so that she would not disturb and then  she got off my lap and disappeared. 

She returned to me, with the blanket and pillow.  And within 3 minutes, was OUT.  
I fixed the blanket - how she fell asleep on the hard floor?????- she is 2.  !!!

She knew what she needed and how to achieve some rest.  SEEK MiMi with a blanket and pillow and RIGHT there.  Sleep.  

As I prayed over her, I was reminded about GOING to HIM - pure and simple for rest.  

Matthew 11:28-30 
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gently and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. "

Psalm 127: 2
In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling  for food to eat - for he grants sleep to those he loves.

Mark 6:32
So they went away by themselves in a boast to a solitary place.  

Psalm 4:8
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.  


Lord, simply - may we REST in you, not only when we are weary -- but when we are worried...when we are wanting answers...when we are wanting MORE...when we are troubled...and when we don't understand.  

MAY we rest in YOU when we are in a good time -- and when things seem good, may we also HONOR your day of REST -- seek you, allow our bodies to refresh THROUGH YOUR Word and YOUR hand.  

Goodness LORD - may we KNOW that we are THAT LOVED.. that we can GO or COME to YOU and crawl up, even on a HARD floor in YOUR presence.  LORD, may our faith in knowing that YOU will give us the peace we are craving even when our feelings are TOO much or causing TOO much - may we have faith over them.   IJN  

May this bless you - and may YOU find REST in HIM.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!