Thursday, December 18, 2014

Weight Lifting

 Inspired by  Jesus Calling and my life:     

"When you are plagued by a persistent problem - one that goes on and one - view it as a rich opportunity... like a tutor who is always by your side. Ask Me to open your eyes and your heart to all that I am accomplishing through this difficulty."  - December 18th, 2014 

I go to the gym, I used to have a personal trainer to maximize my effort.  As long as I am teachable and consistent  -- my health should benefit.   Now that I no longer pay her to work out, I must be disciplined enough to continue what we have started.  When I fail to be consistent -- my muscles quickly remind me that they CRAVE this consistency and I ignored something -- 

 
The same is true for us spiritually. 

2 Corinthians 4:17 tells us that we are in an ongoing workout where the troubles of today are producing an "eternal weight of glory." 

Every trial, affliction or trouble we shoulder today can actively build eternal muscle for us in eternity!

In faith, I must thank God for the problem.  And, being consistent in going to HIS Word for everything is a must.  When I don't -- my body CRAVES....my head and thoughts CRAVE a more closeness to HIM that can only come with some quality time with Him.  

Last night, one of my Pastor's reminded me that God's love language expressed to me is quality time....  HE wants my time.  

 
The "eternal weight of glory" we will one day achieve comes through a commitment to be spiritually fit and faithful in the demands and disciplines of daily life. Being "grateful for a problem" changes us.

 Spending the time needed helps build my faith, and the problems become 'nothing'.  I see it through different eyes.  



Isaiah 30: 20-21 says Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more: with your own eyes you will see them.  Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you , saying, "this is the way: walk in it".


Recently, I let a few offenses seep into my soul.  Well, not exactly, I knew I was being offended and I prayed it GONE.  But my flesh, WANTED to soak in it.   My FLESH wanted to share the offense several times with others to get more pity and sympathy -- and yet, my Spirit and Heart could hear the Holy Spirit say, " you are being tested...hold your tongue, speak life and You will be rewarded".  

Even last night, while in worship, God met me and gave me one of those rewards - standing next to me was my son ( home from college ) and worshiping with his hands raised.  THAT spoke volumes and was my 'sign' from my God on the Most High....that my obedience to Him and my decision to not allow my flesh to 'win'.... was why, I got such a blessing.  


I needed the reminder.  

My Grandmother of 48 years, she was 44 when I was born, is laying in a beautiful room, cradled with PJ's on and her stuffed animals around her.  Her mind is losing ground.  I wish I could see her and tell her much more, but God reminds me of all the WONDERFUL times we sat at her kitchen table and 'caught' up before the Dementia set in.   Her 'eternal weight of glory' is close....eternity is close for her.  

Last night my Pastor reminded us all -- "what really matters?".  And God clearly reminded me last night about one of the offenses that occurred yesterday -- that I was to show HIS grace and mercy ....as that one, did not understand that God,  is allowing this  affliction right now....to cause her to draw CLOSE to HIM.  So I prayed.  Again. 

And this morning, the Holy Spirit spoke to me again and blessed me with the reminder....I am loved.  Accepted, redeemed, forgiven, adopted, and chosen -- for this time.  Amen.  



Perhaps, you -- that is reading this -- needed that reminder as well.  
God fights for us.  
Ask God to open your eyes and ask Him to SEE in a new way.  
Open up His word - Psalm 25 is a favorite as well as Psalm 23 -- my Grandma , I am claiming, is NOT walking in a valley of darkness.  I believe God has her breathing yet, cause maybe another has to see her and make peace.  Otherwise, God would have her home in eternity.  HE did not come for us to suffer....but for us to have life.  

Grandma, the next time I see you - it will be in heaven!  Amen!     I pray your home going does not labor out.....  God is merciful.  

Humbled,  
Michelle 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!