Friday, June 19, 2015

A message of HOPE - God's promises.


I found this today.  

HOPE is some extraordinary spiritual grace that God gives to us to control our fears, not to oust them.  - Vincent McNabb
Do not be afraid of your enemies: the LORD your God himself will fight for you!  Deuteronomy 3.22

My prayer time in the past month(s)  has been heightened .  I have had the humbled blessing of being a part of a retreat within  my Church and it refueled and refreshed my soul.  However, with the circle of influence around me and just this being a small town -- my prayer list gets FULL.   And...I am the oldest of 9 - with family everywhere!!   

I remind myself of what Lisa Bevere stated once on a DVD  video about prayer requests and praise GOD that I don't have to get caught up in the LIST but just release them all to HIM. 

( Side note, sometimes I am walking and praying and pretend I have a lasso and just corral them all up - in a symbolic motion and hog tie them to the foot of the cross!) 

My son has his new job - a  first real new job and he is in the process of trying to find a  house to rent with his soccer buddies  -- so, praying for the RIGHT lease has been towards the top of my list.    And my girl, hurt her back -- again, basking that one in prayer.   Our immediate needs like..."Lord, I have to .....or Lord....I need..... and just the simple ones like, GOD give me the WILL power to ignore dessert!!    Anyway, forgive me as I ramble ........

Back to HOPE.

  Sometimes our PRAYERS are tearful and HARD and we have a burden for one or some or a situation that needs a MOUNTAIN moved and you fast...you pray....and get discouraged that perhaps 'that' is not God's will...and yet, HE moves a bit of the mountain and then you think..."OK GOD...."   "next".......  

Prayer.  Prayer.  Prayer.  

When IN that dispair of a prayer -- where YOU want the mountain to be moved in such a manner that YOU can't SEE any other resource or plan ...... and yet, God says... WAIT....

God says....WAIT....

God is quiet....and says nothing, which means to me -- "what was the last thing I told you Michelle? "   WAIT...

OK  -- I will wait.  

And that is what I am doing -- but in that waiting - it is HARD.  And do I question my faith at times...
Yes?   Yes.  I do -- I am human.

I am unsure of the WHOM is reading this -- but God wants you to know -- it may 'look' like I have it all put together, but  it is only HIS GRACE that sustains me and the constant fevered pitch of a desperate prayer that I repeat -- "Lord, I need a bone here -- a bread crumb or a glimmer of HOPE ...a sign to let me know -- I am EXACTLY WHERE you want me and I am to NOT give up or give in...".  


And then I found this  -- My Son or My Daughter...my loved one -- beloved:

 -- keep your eyes on Me. I am with you, taking care of you in the best way possible. When you are suffering, My care may seem imperfect and inadequate. You see relief and I make you wait - but just remember, There are different ways to wait, and some are much better than others. Beneficial waiting involves looking to Me continually - trusting and loving Me.

Thank me in this time of neediness, when you must depend on Me more than usual, do not waste this opportunity by wishing it away or running from it. Don't let any past or present suffering contaminate your view of the future. I am the Lord of your future, and I have good things in store for you - one more thing --

 
HIS promises --

 The Lord is  good to those who wait for Him....and to the soul who seeks HIM - Lam 3.25

 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.  --Isa 40.31


Romans 8.28 - We know that all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose  ....


For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity , to give you a future and a hope.  Jer 29.11 


So, I have my two children in mind this am, but I also have a few certain people that as I write and continue to pray for them ....it is only 'they' who can grab ahold of these promises and engrave them on their heart -- 'they' have to do it.  I pray they do today -- and know what I know -- GOD wins.

Which means....THEY will win too!
Amen.

 

1 comment:

  1. I JUST got a God wink as my friends like to say -- or as I got to say -- GOD gave me a BONE...if you could see me on THIS end of the keyboards, I am doing a dance... GOD is winning... I am NOT giving up and those six women/men that inspired this message of HOPE today -- some of them, got some HOPE and I was blessed enough to see and hear it ... so ....I KNOW HIS plans are good and well -- God is winning - don't give up. Hang in there! Pray! Pray like you have NEVER prayed before -- call UPON HIM, ONLY HE can set you free, move the mountain and FIX 'it'. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!