Tuesday, June 16, 2015

God exsists.......

God exists to bring glory to Himself.  If HE did not - then who or what would HE bring glory to? 

That statement stopped me in my thinking. 

God exists to bring glory to Himself. 

Do I exist to bring glory to HIM? 
Do I weigh and measure everything against that? 

Am I in alignment with that?  With HIM? 

The deepest place where we find meaning and satisfaction is where?  

In relationships? 
In our jobs? 
In the 'perfect functioning' of our stuff --??? 

This was a part of a devotional that I read today --  the devotional reminded me of how in all of Scripture, there are stories of the shadiest of characters and the MOST difficult circumstances and how HE made them powerful in HIS plan. 


Lord.....

In difficult seasons, in working and loving difficult people -- WORK out YOUR plan for YOUR purposes.  Lord, don't let my enemies get the best of me....or win.  Lord, forgive me of my sins in my past and present -- and Lord, do not let me be put to shame. ......


The devotional reminded me  -- our purpose is to POINT to HIM no matter where we are, what we are doing, or whom we are with. 

Am I? 

I know this -- I can ONLY 'accomplish' this through Christ Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit --

Acts 1.8  "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.  And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere -- in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."   

Lord,  I have received Your Holy Spirit and He resides within me, I submit my flesh to you and I will be a witness telling all about YOU - everywhere -- through my actions, in my work place, within my home and especially in Judea.....and the other places you take me.  Lord, you know my heart is heavy today -- relieve it -- take this burden from me - take it to the end of the earth and move the mountain, as I know, YOU do that sort of stuff.  In Jesus name, amen.  


Psalm 4.1  Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress: be merciful to me and hear my prayer.  

Isa. 41.10  Lord, help me not to fear, for YOU are with me: I need not be dismayed, for You are My God, You will strengthen me and help me: You will uphold me with Your righteous right hand.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!