Saturday, June 6, 2015

Happy 18th Daron Jones!


  THIS is a post I placed on my Tumbler Blog back on June 6th, 2010.  5 years have past...but read on: 


Well,  it is a birthday again – and Daron is very special cause he shares HUNTER’s birthday.
Today Daron is 13 – an official teenager – so, here is his 13th birthday blog:

1.  Daron is my next door neighbor.  He was born on Hunter’s birthday – same hospital, same day, he may have been born in the ‘same’ room as well.  AND – he has practically the SAME breathing problems that Hunter had.   RAchel or Todd called us at about 4:30 that morning and said he was here – and they were immediately taking him to WPB to the NICU - I remember ironing in the 'extra’ room and listening to Rachel say - they felt better that DAron was being moved as they 'sort’ of understood because of what Hunter/we had endured two years before!!    WE hopped in the car and headed to St. Lucie and ended up eating at Applebee’s for Hunter’s birthday with Todd and Rachel!!   Then we traveled the next day to WPB to see him with all of his tubes and such – Both DAron and Hunter were known as the 'whimpy white boys’
2.  CHucky Cheese – I think it was Hunter’s 6th and DAron’s 4th birthday that we celebrated together at Chuck E Cheese and then we headed to the beach in WP – I remember another 'birthday’ movie time – maybe that was just around the date – not sure –anyway – my memory is not its best this ever – as I have TWO birthday blogs to do – so forgive me DAron.  But, I LOVE the fact that our families will forever be tied on this day – JUNE 6th!
3.  DAron is a scout, a carpenter, a campter, an excellent fire starter, a fisherman, and a musician  – basically a man of many talents.  He impresses me!!   I have seen many created projects – I have been the invited guest to try some fish that he caught, and I have enjoyed his talents on the griddle when he has made pancakes!!    His dad is an excellent teacher – and Daron has many talents!
4.  Daron is a musician -  he was the ONLY kid picked from Okeechobee County for All -State Music/Band this past year – WOW!    And the next time I go to BB King’s House of Blues – I am going to take him on a date – as the trombone player was impressive and I kNOW Daron would enjoy it.  I think basically – Daron is like a Rensissance Man!    (in 2010!)
5.  He is all boy – he loves to be outside, wakes early and you can find him riding his bike, or skatboard thing and when one needs something accomplished – he is readily available to help.   He is also our 'neighborhood’ airhead at times.  He really has 'not’ been as bad lately – or Rachel has not shared as many stories, but he is the only person I know who can lose his glasses 2x in one day!    He does make us laugh.
6.  He is very sweet – he loves to make conversation and makes you feel like you are most special.    He is adored by his grandparents on both sides  and  is a sweet 'bubba’ to his little sister.
7.  Did I say he lives next door?   You can count on him to share what needs to be shared.  You can count on him to start a fire when one is in need.  You can also depend upon him to get a small task accomplished or an errand ran.  He can also 'clean’ the kitchen pretty well too!
8.  Family Times – though lately, our families have not been able to get together as much as now his sisters are busy with volleyball and dance but when he was younger and my kids were younger – you would often see the Jones’ in 'school’ over here in our driveway along with the other neighborhood kids!   Fun!  Taylor still considers him 'her little brother’
9.  He has a great mother and dad – who put him first and do their best to provide whatever he needs – like a keyboard – dragon – and other fine stuff.  WEll, grandma helps too – we - the Pritchards - certainly enjoy the Jones’.
10.  His head – feels so soft, especially after his dad shaves it – it is like fun to give a 'nuggie’ too.
11.  His signature 'outfit'   – outside of his house – shorts and a shirt that does not match, or groody shorts and no shirt,  or … . Just kidding.  He usually has some pretty good looking outfits as they are Hunter’s hand me downs!
12.  Daron – dependable,  adorable,  responsible, outstanding, and NICE!  With a capital N – really - he is one of the nicest kids you will meet!
and  13 – HIS heart – Over the past few months, I have seen a Daron who is tremendously sweet – he is starting to really understand what is important in life.  He loves God and wants to live for him – to 'hear’ how excited he was after D-Now weekend, just warmed, warmed, warmed, and filled my heart.  He is a fine young man – teenager and  he has 'only’ just begun!
Happy Birthday DAron Jones!! 
Love, Michelle
PS, Hunter, Taylor and Brendan say Happy birthday too!  So does BELLA!


So, today is June 6, 2015 and he is 18.  
Today is his Graduation Day!    

As I read through those 13 points...they ALL ring true today -- 
I will add..

14...... He is still sweet but now has this talent for fixing cars and is heading off to Tennessee for some mechanic schooling.  

15.  His 'little' sister just turned 13 this past week as well -- and I am not sure if she calls him 'bubba' anymore.  

16.  WE just celebrated with him and were honored that were we chosen as guests -- he really is family!  

17.  Tonight is Graduation and it is Hunter's birthday too -- praying now for safety and protection over both these boys!  

18.  Happy Birthday Daron - as I said on your card...God has already given you GREAT talents and shown you many of HIS plans...we pray, both Brendan and I that you continue to GROW in the knowledge of HIM and as you enter this next phase of learning in your life - that you will be protected, blessed, and enjoy WHAT HE has done.  amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!