Saturday, June 6, 2015

Happy 20th Hunter ... Mumzie loves you!


  The following is a blog post I posted back on June 6th, 2010.  Hunter was 15.  Today he is 20.  I had to do some research and cut and pasting as I was writing on my Tumbler Account then -- but, thank goodness for modern technology and wha..la....  here it is: 

Happy Birthday to My son –


Hunter, today you are 15.  The real scarry thing – I remember turning 15.  I had a party – my ‘first’ real party.  I invited Maggie Novenski, Leah Pitterle, Wendy Gimler, Irene (RENE) Peirick, Shelly Ebert, Sue Dittman, and Sherri Lopez.  WE 'held’ it downstairs in our 'new’ basement.  That 'wild’ carpet – it was like red and black, and we had the INTELLIVISION set up down there – a ping pong table and an air hockey table and this 'stereo’.  At that time, I was really 'into’ Jane Fonda and her workout tape – the tape was on a tape player and I had this book to look at the photos to 'do’ the exercises.  We did a few of those at my party, but we mostly listened to Micheal Jackson’s OFF the WALL album and played around.  I remember getting an REO speedwagon album from Maggie and I did not even know 'who’ they were.  I am pretty sure we went to a Freshman basketball game and then came to my house – now sure 'how’ we got there – everyone was dropped off –  but it was fun.  My little brothers were hanging around and I bet Dee and Chris too – I just remember sitting around trying to go to sleep and laughing and giggling.  It was my 'first’ real slumber party – and I think my last.
At that time, I was a freshman as well – middle of the year – 'getting the scoop’ on your dad.  I did not know much – just wished he 'noticed’ me.  Ha.  My life consisted of doing 'barn’ chores and they getting to hitch a ride into basketball games and 'hitch’ a ride home – for home games.  Then on Saturday I would run to the mailbox to get the Daily Times and 'read’ about the game afterwards.  Maybe basketball season was over with by February – but, right now – I sort of have that lumped all together!
NOW – YOU – IT is YOUR birthday – no party – just 'supper/steak’ at Outback last night and then 'lunch/birthday icecream’ at COWboys in Sebring.  I really enjoyed spending the weekend with you and your dad – hotel, soccer, gatoraide, ice, smelly clothes, and then sleeping with ya – ha ha ha ahahaha ha.  The past two years - traveling to Jax and South - watching you play – it has been a real treat.  I look foward to watching you – in the semi’s in Baton Rouge later this month!

Wow, how time has flown by -- those soccer events brought so much joy and fun and now ...they are a memory. Both your dad and I look forward to WHAT HE has in store for you now and as you finish up college and begin your professional career -- what all lays before you.  And I happen to think the soccer days will come again -- 

YOU are 15 today – I have to write a blog in your honor –
1.  Your conception  - ha.  Didn’t think I would post that would ya?  Well, we had a new house and these neighbors who wanted a baby real bad and we joked – but we had to 'keep’ up with the Jones’.  They were a little quicker – hence, Darby is 5 weeks older, but let me tell you – you were planned.  Your sister actually prayed for a little brother one Sunday in church.  I won’t forget - we were walking out of Bethel Assembly of God, and your Grandma was wearing like a gray suit – your Great Grandpa was there too – anyway, as Taylor walked out I asked her how Sunday school was and she said she prayed for a baby brother today.  I looked at Marilyn and smiled – and well – everytime she would get frustrated with you over the next 15 years – I would remind her “you prayed for him” – Ha.

You are 18 now....  and Your sister certainly still adores you and I have a feeling that there are more times now where she is so thankful for you.  I think ahead at times of your children ....and your dad and I pray for all of our grandkids -- that they will be a blessing to YOU as both YOU and Tay are to us.  

2.  Your birthday – well, you were suppose to be born on May 31st – we headed to the hospital and we had Taylor being watched by Rachel and Darby, but when we got there – you had been breech – but you had moved or flipped and back in -v-back position and only 37 ½ weeks, so the doctor said - go home.  OH man – Dixie Ball had flowers waiting for me when I got there – that was sweet.  Rachel was shocked – and so was Taylor – another week of waiting!  By June 6th - I had decided I was not going to try and have you naturally – we went for a 2nd C-section.  And, you have heard the story – you were already named - H.E. L. P.  – but, you also needed a bit of help.  You had Respiratory Distress – lots of prayers.  One time the doctor felt your lungs has collapsed – drama.  I remember when these 4 total strangers wheeled you into my room in an isolette and they were transporting your to the NICU in West Palm Beach – and I was so heartbroken.  I felt I failed – your lungs were not strong enough and they called you the wimpy white boy – and you went from 8pounds down to like 5 pounds 8 oz when we brought you home.    There is a 'lot’ more to that story – read your baby book.

Funny how that respiratory story would get tossed around over and over.  And then -- you had that nose/deviated septum fixed in 2011 or was it 2012 and  ....still that respiratory thing would haunt you in college soccer -- wow!  Anyway, I guess one good thing -- we know WHAT you are allergic to and that a NETTY pot does help!  

 
3.  That summer – because we almost 'lost’ ya – you were spoiled and held all summer – which made you a sort of pain to the babysitter – you still are at times, impatient!  ha.    You were 4 weeks old and we took you to Wisconsin – you slept on your tummy on the back seat all the way there – never once in a car seat – talk about being crazy! 

Your sister still says you are the spoiled one.  Period.  Sometimes when I hear you and your dad chatting on the phone and laughing -- I just praise God on how, the two of you have become so close -- that is an answer to prayer, as when I wrote this blog on 2010 -- your view of your dad was a tad bit different and your mood and actions were -- not God's best but ...  prayer...love...and just growing has all changed that -- and you allowed forgiveness to creep into your heart and it shows... thank you Hunter for believing me when I said -- God would fight for us!  
 
4.  You are the only grandson on the Pritchard side – there are several on the Peirick side – but you are indeed special.  Your nick name was 'ter ter man’ by the kids in the neighborhood and you were often found running in a diaper outside!  You were also a bit hi -strung.  I mean – you were kicking soccer balls by the time you were one,  riding golf carts, and doing most anything - like a boy!! 

Now we all know you are still the favorite on the Pritchard side and all the girls have come to realize it!! LOL 
Seriously -- you are indeed special.  
 
5.  Impatient – I have said it often, “if you would of been first – you would of been an only child” – HA.  When we went to restaurants, it was always at a place where you could be entertained - easily - and then fed quickly.  YOur dad and I would take turns – but he did most of the entertaining!

I would say that you have learned patience.  You cook now - lead many and have grown into such a man.  I am very proud of you .  
 
6.  Sportsman – everything you touch – you seem to pick up.  It was golf at first and then soccer and swimming – you are a talented athlete.  I hope and pray you will use those talents to show how Christ lives through you.  Now – watching you on the soccer field – is a real treat.  I NEVER would of thought that soccer was a fun game to watch and now – World Cup will be recorded all week – amazing.

 The Holy Spirit revealed something to me today -- you are still a wonderful athlete.  You have grown so much, but to play college Divison I Men's Soccer for 2 years and keep a 3.98 GPA and all...  living with 5 other athletes.. YOU are indeed a true sportsman.  Your dad and I are so proud of you - 
 
7.  Golf tees – well, we have heard this story often but how your dad and you would go out each evening and  you would sit and ride the golf cart with him and just sit still and watch him hit and practice was a treat for me.  Each eve- the two of you would head off – I would then walk or rollerblade with RAchel, but it was also my time away from you!!   That fateful night when you fell off – well, you have the scar to prove it, and then when he ran over you a 2nd time - priceless.  That is a story you will tell your own kids!

I have heard a few other stories in the past five years -- like the one about conning Braz to drink pee and then the 'whipping' for losing a video game.???   Oh my ...I am sure that as we both grow older, I will be privy to a few more of your crazy feats and actions - as I said - I pray for your protection - in every manner!  LOL
 
8.  Carseats – you hated, just hated riding in the car.  Now - how funny, you ride in the car so often cause of soccer – anyway.  If we headed left out of our road - you would kick the back of your dad’s seat and he would fuss and slap your leg.  If we turned right – you were OK – you could tell by the age of 3 – when we got you that hand held video game - wow – heaven in the car.

I am SURE you wear your seatbelt... just remember , take it easy on 'dad's' car...LOL.  
 
9.   Volleyball - before soccer started, we did a lot of traveling to watch Taylor play volleyball and you would be along and have your soccer ball and your dad would have to walk you about if Josh McCall was not there to 'play’ with!  Those were some great family times – I will remember forever!  And if we were not at soccer – you could be found often, on the TV playing a video game with your dad.  He would win – and make you shake his hand and be a 'good sport’.  You still are one of the most sportsmanship like players on the field – you really are.  And then, if there was no video game – you were often heard saying “can we play a family game?"  

I miss doing puzzles with you.  And I laugh now, but part of the healing and the healing house ....was all those nights when your pals would gather and play games.  Monopoly and poker...  great memories!  

 
10.  Sunday School - Your grandmother (and me) were mostly your teachers, but she certainly loved each time you would sing the songs she was teaching.  YOU were always keeping us on our toes!  Your grandpa to0.  He so enjoyed your time fishing or just hanging out at IH.   When we would visit Wisconsin, YOU would enjoy the visits to Grandpa Jim’s big tractor and as you grew older – visiting Great Grandma’s basement was a favorite as well.  And of course the neighborhood kids – love you to death.  I think Zach practically copied EVERYTHING of yours for a good few years!   — hat, clothes style, haircut – ?? 

All I am going to say, is that I pray and believe that HIS word is a part of your daily routine!  
 
11.  School – Rachel had the pleasure of being your K and 1st grade teacher and she did a great job –maybe to good.  I know it STILL bothers DArby that your have a photographic mind and she had to study – However, I believe it is starting to catch up with you – it is a getting a little harder just to study 10 min before the test and pass it – especially English - right?  I so enjoyed being your 4th grade teacher – loved it.  Loved it.  Do you remember getting in trouble for peeing outside in the eco-system?  Do you remember jumping out of the windows with Troy?  Do you remember 'running’ around that school and doing YMCA at the talent show?

You are indeed a student athlete and have excelled in many areas --  it is awesome to hear you and your dad speak about your current professors and such!  
 
12.  Awards – you make me and your dad very proud – your grades are awesome and you are well liked by your teachers.  I know that is why I have not had 'as many’ calls this year from the Principal – especially with how LOW your wear your pants!!   Why is that?   Also, how about the TCU banquet – two years in a row – Player’s Player awards – and the Coaches Award – WOW!  You are a treat.  Speaking of awards – that smile – wow -award winning!

Honor Roll in college -- nothing more to say!  
 
13.  Disney – I remember many many many wondeful weekends and short jaunts to Disney or the Disney Resorts for fun and play in the sun.  I think you have been on many of the water slides and enjoyed enough Rasberry Smoothies to float a boat!   Do you remember being there that one time with Grandma Marilyn and then getting soaked - lost - and then just buying new  - dry  - clothes and then riding the Haunted Mansion for an hour until the rain stopped – memories.

Just the soccer Disney memories are enough for several blogs or books -- but again - Thank you God for those.  
 
14.  Memories – you have been at the center of many of my memories and I am praying for the memories to continue!  I look forward to your high-school years and knowing your dad is going to get to enjoy you – there like I got to enjoy  you at Central.  YOU are deeply loved by both your dad and I.  And, I know I have told you this – but I do not wish to freak you out – but, I do believe you are going to be blessed by the fact that your Grandfather was a preacher!  I have this feeling that you are going to be in some sort of ministry – but in reality - - we all should be.  Whether we minister from behind a pulpit – or just to our friends and neighbors – you have a calling upon your life and I know I will be marveled by what God is going to do through you!

Little did we know what would transpire in 2010 -- that birthday.  From the outside looking in -- it did not look TOO good that month and summer was in full swing.  Each day was tense because of the family faith crisis and I was trying my best to be a loving mother and father for a bit...  and yet...that was not my role.  I stop now and just think back 5 years and marvel at what transpired - a miracle.  

Many times, you would get so mad at me and just say, "divorce him".  And over and over, I wanted to so pour out my heart as to WHY and WHAT...but, a very smart lady said something to me...her name was Carlene and she told me that you would be OK, to continue to pray for you -- to believe the best in you and that the HARD part with dealing with the hurt...would be worked out in HIS time.  She was right.  And God let me see it -- see you forgive your dad and rebuild.  God let me see you become trusting again...and God let me be a light - to show you that HE wins.  As I said, I believe you have a calling on Your life...and I am going to continue to believe that and pray I get to see ALL HE has in store for you.  
 
AND 15 – YOU are 15today – LORD, I know Hunter loves you and he knows WHO you are.  He does know what YOU have done for all of us.  He is a young man, trying to live his life in  'this world’.  Lord, I pray a blessing of protection over him.  As he gets his permit, as he begins to be on the roads – Lord, protect him.  Lord, I pray a blessing of peace over him - peace that he can only find when he seeks YOU, peace about what he will do as he begins to think about college, peace as his peers around him do this and that - peace that ALL of them would make wise choices.  Lord, I pray YOUR word would burn in his heart and he would have a hunger for YOU  like no other.  LORD, use him.  LOrd, I pray YOUR will be done in his life.  I love him LORD, but I love your more – I pray he would understand that as well.  Thank you for blessing him to us.
I love you Hunter – your mom!


And today you are 20 -- the prayer above is the same...  but now I pray for NO speeding tickets and that you find a house for the fall term.  I also pray that as you have begun your new job, that you will listen to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to show you exactly what path to take in this last year of your BA degree and then your Masters.  I pray the finances will be there.  I pray for the woman you will meet and pray for your future family with HIM as Your mentor..Your guide and Your best friend.  Happy Birthday Son -- 

 Your gift - will come...as you know, I cracked the screen on my phone and I was very UNhappy that insurance caught me for 199.99!!  But anyway -- 

I look forward to tomorrow and seeing you and enjoying dinner - God bless -- you HP - 
Mumzie

BTW..I like my new nic name!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!