Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Scenario #3 - It's tough being a woman --

 - in a mean world. 

It is tough being a woman in a mean world.  I sat down two days ago to write this blog  as I am trying to follow the Scenario's that Beth Moore is speaking about as we walk through the book of Ester in the bible study I am redoing with a few friends.    However, as I sat and typed -- it was just NOT meant to be. 

Beth shares several teaching points and speaks about the history between Mordecai and Haman and gets into the root of a few words like how Haman and hate are in the same family of word origins -- (funny), right?  NO -- that is how perfect God's word is!  And she speaks on how 'mean' has a personality.  And MANY times, the ones that are mean to us are so insecure that they must be mean to survive.  Ok -- all of those teaching points made sense and I took notes, but the blog post was STILL not flowing. 

If you have read my blogs before, I write for therapy, to teach, and to vent  some times, but ---- I always bathe it in prayer and totally believe the Holy Spirit takes over the keyboard.  So, as I said, the other night, the blog on being mean -- just was not 'meaningful'.  Ha Ha - play on words. 

But today --   I have something to share --

It is tough being a woman in a mean world with mean ones around you -- period. 

Here are a few verses about  righteous anger: 

Psalms 7.11 KJV says, God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

2 Kings 17.18 says, Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel and removed them out of his sight.  None was left but the tribe of Judah only.

And Jesus got angry:   John 2: 13-16  The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there.  And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, "Take these thins away: do not make my Father's house a house of trade.".

Here are some verses about unrighteous anger: 

Psalms 37.8  Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath!  Fret not yourself: it tens only to evil.

Proverbs 30.33  For pressing mils produces curds, pressing the nose produces blood, and pressing anger produces strife.

Proverbs 15.18  A man of wrath  ( or a woman of wrath ) stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression. 

And, to Overcome anger: 

Proverbs 19.11  "Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense." 

Ecclesiastes 7.9  Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.

James 1. 19-20  Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger: for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 


Ok, with all those........


Now I write -  I will admit, over this past summer, I have gotten angry with God about several situations.  I wanted  to see ANSWERS - like, yesterday.  And when I would continue to see these relationships continue to fail or hurt....my anger would some times turn to just defeat...it seemed that God was not moving in those areas. 

However, I know that I know - HE has never quit and HE is at work. 

And recently, a sweet woman had some 'mean' on FB and I felt that meanness with her.  It was just not right.  I was mad over it too -- and yet...

I know that I know  - HE will judge everyone and that mean one will have to answer to God for his/her decisions if they don't make it right now....   God will not be mocked. 

And finally, as I was driving home this eve, I got MAD at Satan ----as he is the one that I need to be angry with - as he continues to try and steal, kill, and destroy my loved ones...my sisters in Christ... and the random ones that cross my path and I pray --

(Including the most recent report from ISIS about the ravage and slaughter of the young 11-12 year old girls over seas --  it is just awful.)

So, then I read this: 

"Anger and bitterness are two noticeable signs of being focused on self and not trusting God's sovereignty in your life.  When you believe that God causes all things to work together for good to those who belong to Him and love Him, you can respond to trials with joy instead of anger or bitterness."    - John C. Boger


WOW....  yep.... I do believe and know that ALL things work together for good ---- so I will just wait. 

And I read this:  " Our God is not an impotent God with one arm: but as he is slow to anger, so is he great in power." - Abraham Wright


WOW.... and I smiled...as I saw a funny glimpse of both Jesus,  Holy Spirit, and God in a 3 - braided cord....winding up their arms...and PUNCHING Satan in the face.  Amen.  God wins. 



So, if you are in a battle or have forgotten -- that God wins -- seek HIM.

  Pray.

 And for my sweet dear sister in Christ who 'had' a right to be angry the other day, if that person or person(s) don't repent and seek forgiveness ... God will deal.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!