Thursday, January 4, 2018

It is 2018! To Michelle my dearly loved daughter --

These  past few weeks,  a lot of prayer and speaking to God has transpired.  I guess I say that or type that like that has been 'different' than other weeks.

 Truth is -- I , um ...well.... I kind of talk to God all the time.  That verse about praying without ceasing -- it always seemed so HARD to try and 'pray' all the time.    However, that is because I made prayer  a weird thing.  Or...I was just conditioned that prayer had to be a 'set' apart time and so forth.  I do believe I am  in communication with God quite a bit.

I mean -- I talk to Him.  Really.  Now... He does not always respond, but I know that I know, He listens.  There is a verse in John -I speak and my sheep hear my voice.  I need to have that memorized, but I do know He hears.   And prayers are always answered, yes, no or wait...  and I have found that usually when a prayer is answered 'no'....it is just cause there is something BETTER around the corner.

 I have been praying, claiming and waiting on a precious little girl to make her arrival.   I was sure she would arrive Christmas Eve and then she did not.  Then contractions began and I thought New Year's Eve was it and that was also a NO GO.  But here -- it was ME seeking what I felt was BEST for Taylor and Jake and us.  We needed her by those deadlines so we could enjoy her the most before we head back to school for the 2nd semester.  But, as always -- God's timing is best. 

Waiting and praying and trying to RUSH God as we so often do-- is a lesson I think many of us  know and realize and yet, we still try our best to try and let God know -- He needs to hurry!

Besides prayers for SJ and her arrival, other family is being attacked and extra prayers and time spent claiming VICTORY is how one does NOT go crazy with the burdens.  A precious family lost a baby just a few weeks ago, a child was still born at 32 weeks.   A sweet mom was taken from her husband and three children in an awful accident.  You can imagine how this hit home --   And then news of the young girl, Layne,  that was burned in a flash fire so close to home.   WE prayed for her again this eve!  And this evening as we returned from the coast,  a set of parents are dealing with the death of their daughter that was hit by a train.  11 years old -- she had headphones on and was on her phone and did not see the train.  Sad.  Brendan actually told me the story as I was looking at my phone and reading a text message in a parking lot and he had to remind me to PAY ATTENTION!    There is such tragedy  around us that pulls at our heartstrings and then a moment later a child can be born or a marriage can be restored and there is such joy.   Life. 
 

In the past week,  I have asked God some specific questions about how to minister to some certain people.  I have asked Him what to speak about and how to approach the tough questions.  God is ever so sweet about reminding me that He is the true comforter.   "Man" can figure out what they believe will fix a problem or make another feel better....but the bottom line is that, God is the only true healer of our hearts and our physical bodies as well.

So often my words are easier than my physical presence when it comes to visitation or trying to counsel.  However I realize that often what people need the most is just someone to physically BE there to listen and sit with you.  I have been asking God to give me the right motives and heart to realize when someone needs that physical presence and when one can just get a text or a card.  In my own little way -- that makes me believe I am being obedient.

Anyway -- back to focus -- 

I have not blogged in a few weeks.  As I sat at the computer this eve, I asked God 'what' I was to write about and after a few attempts and deletions, He sweetly reminded me that His Word is where I must be and His Word is what will teach me what to say and how to say it.  His Word will lead and guide as as I open it and as I read it -- it will speak to me.  God will speak.



So with that --


I will pray --


For those families that I mentioned -- Lord I pray they open YOUR Word for comfort, guidance, and peace that can ONLY come from you.

Lord, I will pray for my daughter and this arrival of SJ-- I know her bible is packed in her bag for the hospital ...and I know she will call upon Your promises as she patiently awaits the arrival.  May Your Word be evident within her arrival.

Lord, for my immediate family that is in a certain situation at the moment -- may Your Word lead and guide them and bring forth a reminder that their children are chosen.  May Your Word remind them that You have GREAT and mighty plans for each of them and that You Will win and overcome this present attack on them.

But Lord, I also pray that each of them will gain a HUNGER for Your Word and allow it to minister and heal the hard parts that have surfaced.  

Lord, as it says in Timothy -- To Timothy my beloved son.... may anyone that reads this blog tonight, read that scripture in Timothy and place their name in there!

For example... as I wrote in my bible it states, "To Michelle, my beloved daughter".  I pray, as I said, that whomever reads this, they go to that chapter in 2nd Timothy  1 and have such a relationship with You that they can hear you say, "To Dayton, my beloved son..."       "To Layne, my beloved daughter..."    "To Taylor, my beloved daughter..."  "To Christopher my beloved son..."     Lord, that they would feel you -- so strongly and know that they know....they are Yours!  
My Nephews -- Jerm 29.11

God, forgive me for pushing Your timing.  Forgive me for when I chickened out and sent a text rather than made that visit.  Lord, for give me for working extra or staying busy to avoid being Your hands and feet.  

Lord, I accepted the word INTENTIONAL for 2018...  and tonight as I posted that AW Tozer quote --I pray that I do speak about YOU all the time.  Period.  

May SJ and Ava know that if they spend any time with Mimi....they will see and hear about YOU.  And BTW Lord.... Sawyer Jane is over due now -- I know You have her appointed date of delivery, I am just letting you know - we are READY!  IN Jesus name.  
 Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!